The Official "The Amazing Spider-Man" Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Jesse, May 5, 2012.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

[video=youtube;dH7vDrLeNJY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH7vDrLeNJY[/video]

View the old thread Here

This movie to me is looking AMAZING to me. (pun intended)

To be honest I'm more excited to see this than either The Dark Knight Rises or The Advengers,
    SPOILER: even with the rumored change in origin.

This movie is still looking to be the most faithful spidey to big-screen adaptation yet, taking cues from Ultimate Spider-Man, Spatacular Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man with a impressive palette of Ditko-esque art stylings.

From this trailer it definitely looks to be a brand new take on what Raimi originally set out to do. This time around Spidey is himself, humor, smart-assery and all.

To be perfectly honest, I think I'll like this movie more than all of the old ones. I can't wait.

Thoughts?

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

The Glitch Mob ftw

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Cool.

Jesse

Wow. You're comparing the movies because of similar posters? It's spider-man swinging through the city. That defines Spider-Man. Of course they would go with that.

But if you'd been following the viral and actually watched the trailers you'd soon find out that these films are extremely different than the old ones. In origin and in pace, humor and realism.

Info, spoilers and speculation about just one change Here and Here

Last edited: May 5, 2012
    Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Buddy.... I was putting the posters side by side because the new poster is clearly a homage to the Spidey-2 poster. Had no ill-will whatsoever. LOL. smh.

Did you not notice I said, "Cool" ? As in, the new poster is really awesome?

Last edited: May 6, 2012
    HybridBharath

HybridBharath Well-Known Member

The new spiderman looks more skinny. hehe anyways, the trailer for the movie didn't get me that excited to be honest. I do still think that it will be good.
    But i am more excited for The Dark Knight Rises.

Jesse

Sorry. I apologize, it's just many people have been trying to compare it negatively to Raimi's films and are even using the poster to say "See, same old!" but I now know that was your intention.

Also sarcasm is sometimes hard to detect, so it appears there was none here and I just misinterpreted. Gomen.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

i hope in the film there is more action than romance

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'm wary of this mostly because it's not 100% by Marvel Entertainment. Until that happens, I'll still fear for the worst. Because Columbia Pictures also brought us Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.

shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

Can't wait for this, have big confidence in Webb and even bigger in Garfield to deliver.
    I for one love the fact that it's not Marvel Entertainment, they tend to insist on their ideas for the script. They had very little say in this. Movie ain't a comic.

Minus

Yes. Let's completely fuck over all the comic book fans that you're catering to and do whatever the fuck we want.

Because that worked so well with Venom in Spider-Man 3.

And it worked so well with the Fantastic Four movies.

And Ghost Rider.

And the Punisher movies.

Fuck all the Marvel movies made by Marvel Entertainment only. They insist on their ideas for the script. How DARE they insist on THEIR ideas for intellectual properties that THEY created? Marvel created Spider-Man? They obviously have the WORST ideas for a Spider-Man movie.

Because let's look at Marvel's track record. The movies they made themselves? Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, and The Avengers.

Man, all those movies were horrible and NOT critically acclaimed. You're right. The people who had the most influence on THOSE movies are DEFINITELY less credible than the people who had the most influence on Spider-Man 3 and Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.

TL;DR You're saying the movie ain't a comic for a freakin' COMIC BOOK MOVIE. :facepalm:

Jesse

Substitution

shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

@Minus, people who write comics don't know a thing about making a good movie (in general), the medium is completely different in every way. Which is why they should have creative input, but not control over the material. We're not talking about a single book and its writer having a control over the script, there are dozens of story-lines spreading over decades of different incarnations and changes made in Spider-Man lore.
    As for The Amazing Spider-Man, it almost copies the Ultimate Universe comics, so your complaining immediately becomes redundant. Gwen Stacy, web-shooters, the Lizard, Peter's parents and their secret life, Peter's humor, everything is top-notch and loyal to the origins of the character.

And talking about Marvel's so-called track record, the only movie I truly enjoyed was Iron Man. Despised Iron Man 2, Thor and Cap. were decent, didn't like The Avengers. I frown upon the whole Marvel Universe idea in movies. If you enjoy that, I get why you're skeptical over TAS.

Minus

The box office records The Avengers shattered disagree with you.

I'll side with them.

shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

Yeah, I never heard of a bad movie being #1 at box office. Oh, wait...

Minus

Roger Ebert disagrees?

Jesse

Roger Ebert also thinks that video games can never be art.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Spider-Man still remains as my favorite superhero. He was the most human out of all the Marvel superheroes (bullied, loss of family members, uncomfortable with life) and can connect with everybody out there. Honestly, I'm looking forward to this movie, and so far I'm liking what I'm seeing. Andrew Garfield is a fantastic actor and they picked an appropriate director for the film (Marc Webb). Yes, I was disappointed with SM3 just as I was amazed with SM2. I hope this film returns Film Spider-Man to its former glory.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Roger Ebert liked all the Cinematic Universe movies except The Incredible Hulk and Thor.

Minus

I still think they should've went with Donald Glover.