Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Found out about this on my way to campus. Never really listened to their work thoroughly before, but have always held respect for the group. This is very sad news. May Adam Yauch rest in peace.

LPA Super VIP
    RIP Adam.

Such a loss to the world of music.

Waiting for the OTHER end to come The Joesen One's Avatar
    I guess Hot Sauce Committee Part One isn't happening after all.

"Make Some Noise" was one of my most replayed songs in 2011, and "Don't Play No Game That I Can't Win" was personally one of the best hip hop songs of last year. But "You Gotta Fight for You Right to Party" changed a generation.

Rest in peace, MCA.

FORMERLY KNOWN AS PHILSFAN

RIP MCA

Yeah, this really fucked up my day when I found out about this at work. RIP
    R.I.P. Taylor Weir 1993 - 2013

Runnin this thang / Money insane / Busy getting brain like Krang / What, what's my name in the woods got these people usin' MapQuest / Man, fuck a backpacker

Formerly known as JESEFF.

Just another one of those icons you thought who was invincable and nothing would ever happen to them.

This news really broke my heart today. My thoughts and prayers are with his family tonight.

or there and back again
    May the Fourth Be with Him.

In all seriousness, I hope he's found peace now.

Quote Originally Posted by LPphilsfan15 View Post
    I guess Hot Sauce Committee Part One isn't happening after all.
    From what I remember, both parts were mostly recorded when Adam was first diagnosed.

RIP dude.

I feel like we start getting into a really dangerous territory when we start trying to write around the idea of what some third-party thought of what our music should be when they can't even comprehend on how to tell us what that thing is, or guide us in a direction that can get us there musically or creatively, or anything. You know, having to have a specific type of song; forcing music to conform to that frame of mind is causing a lot of noise to be in and it's getting away from the song. (...) Let's stop trying to do things that other people want us to do, and let's get back to just being fluid, and writing songs, coming with ideas, and being like, "hey, let's check this out", and grading things, and being honest.

Many thoughts go out to all who knew him. What an extraordinary guy. It's sad to see you go.

What's a 'Grey Daze'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa. I never even knew he was sick.
    Really? People have been telling me MCA was ill since the 80s.

...Sorry.

But seriously, cancer sucks. RIP MCA. I seriously couldn't even believe it when I first read that he died. He has always been my favorite. The Beastie Boys changed the world of hip hop forever and they were such a huge milestone in the history of music. It's even harder to believe that he died with 47. It's just so weird to think about the fact that a freakin Beastie Boy died, I mean they were pretty much the symbol for youth in the 80s.

LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Mike from the Beastie Boys made a statement:

I know, we should have tweeted and instagrammed every sad, happy and inspired thought, smile or tear by now. But honestly the last few days have just been a blur of deep emotions for our closest friend, band mate and really brother. I miss Adam so much. He really served as a great example for myself and so many of what determination, faith, focus, and humility coupled with a sense of humor can accomplish. The world is in need of many more like him. We love you Adam. BTW this photo sent to me by a friend, (thanks Saslow) is just one awesome example of how NYC is such a unique place that amidst it's huge size and frenetic pace it really opens up it's heart in so many ways and on on so many levels in times like these. And though it makes me cry sometimes, it has been really amazing and moving to see.
    Mike
    The LPA is self funded. We support our hosting costs out of pocket and through ads, and although we do not expect our users to donate...any monetary contribution helps.
    To donate towards hosting costs and help support the site, please click on the Donate button below.

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

Coldplay did an amazing tribute to MCA a few days back, really brought a tear to my eye -

R.I.P

Just got an email from 91X (yes, THAT 91X that LPA got State of the Art from like 6 years ago. I'm still on their email list!), they put together a pretty sweet Beastie Boys megamix as a tribute to MCA: http://www.91x.com/client/music/Beas...s_Mega-Mix.mp3
    O o
    /Ż___________________________________
    |IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZER BLARRRRRGHHHH
    \_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Thread Information