Xtatic Line "Dubbed The New Linkin Park"

Just came across this interesting article / interview from madlyjuicy.com and thought I'd get your thoughts on Xtatic Line, simply because of the associations with Linkin Park people are making. This is the first I've heard of him really.

Just when Linkin Park announces the release of their new album Living Thing for June 2012, another band is causing a stir on the Rock/Rap scene. Xtatic Line, from the west coast of Florida, gave us details of their new EP RE;Dawn and their views on being dubbed ‘the new Linkin Park’.

MadlyJuicy: Details of your new EP RE;Dawn were released only a couple of days ago, what has the reaction been like so far and what can we expect from the EP musically?

Xtatic Line: It’s been a crazy past couple of weeks so far. The support shown to the production, not only by the fans but also by the media, has been downright incredible and I’m truly appreciative of that. Well, the new EP consists of five re-imagined versions of tracks that appeared on the demo. The goal was to create and deliver a more energetic and vivid experience and I think I was able to accomplish that with this record. It also serves as a good indication of the direction I’m heading in with future productions. I had a lot of fun working on this project and I truly hope the fans enjoy it as much as I did putting it together.

MJ: You are the Producer and Vocalist. Is there anyone else involved with the Xtatic Line project?

XL: No one else, just me and my laptop. Everything you hear on every Xtatic Line song was composed, recorded and produced by me. I play the guitar and piano so I thought I could pull it off and I think it worked out pretty well.

MJ: Is it nice to be compared to Linkin Park or does it add extra pressure?

XL: It’s an honor really. I’m very proud of being mentioned alongside Linkin Park when people talk about Rap/Rock. When it’s all said and done, I want Xtatic Line to be remembered as one of the biggest acts that represented the genre. As far as pressure goes, I don’t do music to live up to others standards. I don’t make music and then go compare it to someone else’s work to determine if it’s good or not. I don’t put that kind of pressure on me because I don’t believe in that. So being compared to LP is fine due to the fact that I’m not trying to fill their shoes or live up to their name. I work on what I think would be interesting to try and create, and as long as I keep doing that, I’ll feel no exterior pressure.

MJ: Is Mike Shinoda someone you look up to and do you think you two have similar styles lyrically?

XL: Definitely. He was a big inspiration growing up and one of the biggest reasons I got into the production side of things. I don’t know if I would say we have similar writing styles due to the fact that Mike and I have gone in different directions over the years. Maybe at some point we had similar styles but I don’t think we do at this particular moment.

MJ: Often the ‘Nu Metal’ tag is slapped on aggressive Rock/Rap bands, do you put yourself in that category or do you see yourself as more experimental with your sound?

XL: I think any type of label is toxic to an artist or creative mind, if they let it define them that is. Of course, musically, you have to somehow categorize yourself and that’s fine as long as you don’t let it become a cage. I don’t really want a tag slapped over Xtatic Line, the project is what it is and will always be a product of how I’m feeling creatively.

MJ: You have over 20, 000 likes on your Facebook page and over 12, 000 followers on Twitter; do you find social media is a good way to connect with your fans?

XL: No doubt, no doubt. It’s such a powerful tool nowadays. It’s pretty much the reason why Xtatic Line blew up like it did in such a short period of time. I launched and presented the project online and it just spread like wildfire. It was truly unbelievable. It’s also because of that interaction with the fans that I’m releasing Re;Dawn. I do listen and look at what people are saying or requesting. I truly value my fans and what they have to say.

MJ: The biggest influence on your life?

XL: My parents. I know that is kind of cliché and perhaps corny to some but it’s the honest truth. It’s hard not to be influenced by people who have always been there for you regardless of whatever the situation may be and truly love and care for you unconditionally.

MJ: Where do you see Xtatic Line in 10 years?

XL: I hope that by then I would be able to establish Xtatic Line as a household name and had built something special enough to be remembered for a long time.

MJ: Which artists/bands currently on the scene would you love to work with?

XL: Probably Adele. I think she’s a breath of fresh air in the industry and she’s extremely talented.

MJ: If you could give one piece of advice to any other band trying to break into the music industry what would it be?

XL: Act on your ideas and make them happen. I’ve met so many peoples who have great ideas but they never get around to making them a reality. If you are passionate about something, take action.

Full album tracks: http://www.xtaticline.com/

LPAssociation.com ᴧdministrator Minus's Avatar
    It's kinda... well, meh.
    There's nothing WRONG with it
    It's just average.

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

HELP THE LPA:

Seriously dude sounds like a kid. His voice hasn't even cracked it. And musically it sounds like someone trying hard to emulate LP (HT/Reanimation/Meteora) but falling short.

Pretty dope. I'll check out some more stuff later.

Makin' Money Before I Could Crawl. Money Maker Mike's Avatar
    I can hear so much cheesy MIDI sounds and corny vocals/lyrics. This shows that even the Hybrid Theory/Meteora eras are difficult to copy without making it sound really corny.

These guys, although they aren't terrible, are doing this too late.
    I make money.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eycwtprdUOk/T-yCeb-XwZI/AAAAAAAAKdk/a0bLfecK3Sg/s1600/hqdefault.jpg

I said, "Mike, I'm coming for you, homie"
    Cause Mike's always got my back when I'm lonely
    And I always got his back when we fight
    I'm coming for you, Mike, Imma save your life

Krispy Kreme is my Best Friend.

Formerly known as Rebecca Black

Ha.

Hahahahahaha.

Sounds like a particularly less self-aware Hollywood Undead. Sorry friend, but a white guy rapping about his feelings over techno before some crunchy 7 strings pop in isn't exactly the elements for "the next Linkin Park".

Proud Venezuelan LP fan. With adorable feet. Andreina's Avatar
    There will be no next Linkin Park. Sorry.

And gotta agree with Agent O, sounds like a kid. Huge turnoff.

Because everyone has to know

You're GUILTY ALL THE SAME / Too sick to be ashamed
    You want to point your finger / but there's no one else to blame

Lies Greed Misery is Chester in Berserk mode Jack_Farrell's Avatar
    His voice fucking sucks.

Fight the tyranny of the LPA staff! Pidgeon's Avatar
    Sounds like hollywood undead

the music is okay, the vocals are fucking terrible.

Ree: You're a Honorary Bellend Brigade Member

Extremely H! Vltg3
    I'm telling you right now... DUDE USED TO BE TERRRRRRIBLEEEEEEE

I remember making a diss track with a Harry Potter sample in 05 lol. A somewhat old friend of Mike thought it was the most hilarious shit ever. He's a lot better now. I think his shit sounds average, but hey, more power to him for getting some publicity.
    Funny enough, he's latino and not white

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Funny enough, he's latino and not white
    Who says latinos can't be white?

Extremely H! Vltg3
    Quote Originally Posted by edflinkinp View Post
    Who says latinos can't be white?
    Ah, I forget that Americans have a different view of what "white" is than most. For example, White people from Argentina aren't considered white over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Ah, I forget that Americans have a different view of what "white" is than most. For example, White people from Argentina aren't considered white over here.
    I think that's kinda off. - I'll drop it right now so I don't go off-topic here.

I used the term "white guy rapping" only because of his subpar, "generic feelings" approach to it. I had no idea if he was actually a caucasian individual or not.

He's still not that great though.

LPAssociation.com ᴧdministrator Minus's Avatar
    You know who deserves
    The title "Next Linkin Park"?
    Fuckin' Linkin Park.

Quote Originally Posted by + / – View Post
    You know who deserves
    The title "Next Linkin Park"?
    Fuckin' Linkin Park.
    Amen. The dude must've got tones of views on his YouTube video just by the mere (and lame attempt of) comparison to LP. Way too much credit.

It's Like I'm Paranoid... Scott D's Avatar
    This sounds more of a mix of P.O.D. and Hollywood Undead. Yeah, I've heard them before this. I don't like either P.O.D. or Hollywood Undead so I'll pass on these guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMU View Post
    Recipe for a Meteora song:

1 tablespoon metal screaming
    1 teaspoon awkward slow rap (optional)
    1 cup of context-free pronouns, chopped
    2 cups of mind-numbing drop-D power chords
    1 cup of milk

Pour into a bowl pre-battered with self-loathing, stir into a fine paste. If assembled correctly, can feed a million teenage boys from Cleveland. If not assembled correctly, start over - may take a hundred tries before you successfully pair "feel" with "real."

Thread Information