LIVING THINGS: Song Descriptions So Far

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Ree, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

If you go to the actual link and search for the word "electro", it shows up 7 times. Even when the article is in French.

2. -NodA-

-NodA- Well-Known Member

Thanks...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  3. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Until It Breaks: It's a UFO.

4. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm thinking that electro should have been translated to electronic.

5. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Hey, who knows? There could be significant Afrika Bambaataa influences. It's a lot more likely than someone using the name of a specific genre as a catch-all term for anything less organic than banging rocks together.

6. LAMY

LAMY Professional Lurker

French review of the album

Hi, I'm new in the forum.
    I just wanted to say that a french tv have described a little bit the album.
    http://www.m6.fr/m6music/news-m6mus...c_linkin_park_et_review_de_living_things.html

Here my translation :

Lost in the Echo : Big intro. Mike Shinoda is omni present. The ambient is electro !
    In My Remains : Another song with electri. Very heavy, and melodic. The chorus is catchy!
    Burn It Down : first single, between new wave, rock, métal et électro.
    Lies Greed Misery : Still an electro song, could sound like Skrillex a little bit.
    I'll be Gone : calm song mid-tempo and definitely epic.
    Castle of Glass : In the pure line of ‘A thousand suns'
    Victimized : Very électro and up tempo. The most heavy of the album.
    Roads Untraveled : nice piano ballad.
    Skin to Bone : Epic song, with refrain very year eighty, that evokes – musicaly – cartoons of the 80s. Original.
    Until it Breaks : Complex and dense piece. It pass from dub to hip hop. Many changes of rhythm and climates. An UFO!
    Tinfoil : musical interlude, calm and electro, intro for ‘Powerless'
    Powerless : Power ballad in the "Linkin Parktradition". Ideal to conclude the album.

They also say that the ballads arn't as good as Shadoy of the Day or Leave out all the Rest. :ohno:

Sorry for the bad english :rolleyes:

7. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Wanna know what ELECTRO really is?

THIS IS ELECTRO.

[THUMB]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/35/Electro.png[/THUMB]
    [THUMB]http://images.wikia.com/villains/images/c/cb/Electro_cartoon.jpg[/THUMB]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  8. Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Undeniably Funky Object

9. Cho1408

Cho1408 Member

Everything is so fucking good. Though some description are... inaccurate.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  10. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

MySpace:UIB One of the softer tracks on the album, centered on synth melodies. Includes lyrics: "You woke the devil that I thought you’d left behind FAIL

11. OmarAbaza999

OmarAbaza999 Active Member

This review is an exact impression of how the songs are in this album. I will give similar songs to each song and how much i think each song gets out of 10 from an unbiased point of view

Lost In The Echo - 10

This song will be by far the best song in the album from an objective point of view. It has everything an "old" and "new" linkin park fan would want. Its speed is perfect the melodiy is as catchy as a song can get. The transition into drums and guitars from the electro sound at the beginning is perfect and LinkinPark trademark. The mike raps are at its peak. Chester's voice is absoulte perfection and the chorus is GENIUS and VERY catchy. At the end chester screams with some electro sound with some joe scratches and scratching chester's scream then mike delivers one of the most direct to the point verses and one of the most geniune he has ever made but its a short one but has as much content as a 16-32 liner could have since as i mentioned before "it is the most direct to the point verses i ever heard" which is similar to the last verse sung by chester on breaking the habit and the last verse on hit the floor.

In My Remains - 10/10 (up'd after repeated listenings)

This song is a mix of a gr8 ol lp and m2m-esque sound. To be honest the first 12-13 seconds are like an exact copy of burn it down but with a scratch and somewhat bits of dubstep to it but then guitars and drums come into the song in the same way as LP always do and then the heavy soun fades away giving chester room to sing a gr8 verse with a very lovely voice like the one on leave out all the rest. then the chorus comes in which chesters sings to starting with the songs title and then impressively singing on of the best choruses on the album before mike starts repeating "like an army falling one by one by one" and then chester joins on the bridge which when i say it doesnt sound that much but when u hear the song i promise you, you will be BLOWN AWAY!! absolutely a single no flinching similar songs are evanesence - bring me to life + crawling

Burn It Down - 8

i will give a review for this song so that people know that iam not sayin bs about the other songs. This song starts of with a very catchy electro sound before a very good transition into electro+ guitar and drums. The sound fades to leave room for chester to sing a verse which is ok lyrically, the second verse and 3rd verse (sung by shinoda) are much better. The verse is catchy and is perfect for chants but lyric-wise is not LP peak. Shinoda's lyrics are perfect and direct to the point of the song. The last minute of the song is perfect with shinoda combining with chester. similar songs numb + tbh this song is unique and numb is the only song somewhat close to it structure-wise. In my remains is a bit like it but much MUCH BETTER!

Lies Greed Misery - 9

I gave this song a 9 and i know many people disagree with me but my belief is that this song will not be easily forgotten and is a slow grower on people. This song starts with a catchy electro song before it transits into mike rapping. This is definetly one of mike's best raps i ever heard because it is genius and attacks the person who thinks he/she is in control and delivers the punch lines that can be written down as best rap punches ever. Chester yells his LIES GREED MISERY punch lines in a gr8 way and his sound is uniquely fit to the songs theme. The chorus is one to be remembered and is perfect to chant in live shows. The "you did it to yourself" line sang repeatedly by chester before screaming it with the chorus is absolutely heavy and one of the moments of the album. This song as a whole is great to listen to while driving and is very catchy and i wont be surprised if the company decides it as a single eventhough there are better songs imo in the album. similar songs include faint + wretches and kings.

I'll Be Gone - 10

This one is an absolute rock classic like lost in the echo. It has everything and will always be remembered by fans like "in the end" even though its structure is nothing like it. This song starts with a very catchy melody before the LPesque transition into guitar + drums with melody in the background. As a side note this is without doubt the best song for brad on the album and one of his best performances ever tbh. Chesters vocals are one of the best and the lyrics are very catchy and the structure in which he sings is perfect and his transition from verse into chorus is beyond amazing and the chorus is one of the most catchiest on the album. "I'll be gone" was used many times on songs before even by linkin park themselves but this is by far the best use for the song and the song at the end starts fading with brad guitars and chester singing the chorus before he bursts "Ill BE GONE!!! " and the melody starts fading and the song, unfortunately ends but i play it again One of linkin park's best songs ever with lost in the echo. similar songs are lost in the echo and maybe in pieces and pushing me away

Castle of Glass - 7

I honestly dont get the much hype about this song being a heartbreaker. The tempo is very fast eventhough the melody is catchy and mikes singing is good and the so are the lyrics eventhough they are not very clear. The chorus dissapointed me A LOT and eventhough the line "iam only a crack in this castle of glass" was genius to make it was used very VERY badly and i think Linkin Park with all their creativity could come up with better lyrics for the chorus and the whole song because i really believe the song title could have been marked as a landmark song for all music listeners of different genres like candle in the wind but unfortunately Linkin Park imho failed to impress with this song. The tempo was high for the songs direction and i thought if they took the tempo down this song would have sounded much better and the chorus would have been open to change lyric-wise. I blame rick and mike (the producers) for making this song fail from my point of view because this song could have been a single and a HUGE one if it was produced better than done. Many people will disagree with me but the reason i gave it a 7 is because they song was destroyed by the ok lyrics and the high tempo. similar songs, and this might sound weird, but i could swear its structure and tempo were exactly like mumford and sons' "Little Lion Man" eventhough the instruments used are completly different. every1 watch out LINKIN PARK have STOLEN song structure LMAO just joking or not

Victimized - 9

The closest thing this song can be described as, is very heavy punk rock. This songs tempo is highest linkin park has ever done. The song starts with some scratch noise before fast drums and guitar are played in a punk rock manner before fading suddenly into some1 talking with an african accent, i cant understand anything being said because its not clear and it sounded like it is being said through a microphone then it stops at once and a verse is sang which is not very up-tempo like the song beginning with very good lyrics and great melody with low sounding fast drum beat before chesters bursts and screams the livin shit out of VICTIMIZED and then a weird transition is made into mike rapping one of his best rap verses on the album and then an LPesque transition into chester screaming the livin shit out of the FUCKIN SPEAKERS til the song ends. On a side note this song was cut way too short and could have been made much longer (its only 1:51). maybe they think chester wont be able to handle all that screaming for longer on live shows ok everyone kill me now if you want It was hard to find a song like this one but maybe given up is a bit similar in its up-tempo and some of the throat-fuck screams are like on given up and blackout.

Roads Untravelled - 8 (up'd after repeated listenings)

This song was to be a landmark like catle of glass but it was ruined a bit by wanting to conclude this song fast. The lyrics that are on this song are magnificent and the song starts and is like my december in structure. after the each verse finishes comes a heavy transition into drums and guitars which is brilliant playing but it is only sung over by the following word " WHOHOHOAHOAHOAHOA" !!! The song could have been made this way to be used in a game or movie or trailer but nobody knows. This song if it used a good or great chorus could have made it to my top 20 LP songs but it doesnt and thats why i gave it an 8 eventhough some people mighjt not be bothered by the 2 minutes of wohaoaho and give it a 9 or 10. similar songs are somewhat the beginning of my december and this song has a western theme in it and i can picture a western epic clash between cowboys occuring while the song is played.

Skin to Bone - 9

Starts off with a very weird but catchy melody and enters with a verse which is lyrically genius and sets off the song with the theme of "skin to bone" and "ash to ashes, dust to dust". The melody of the song is brilliant and the melody and sound builds up as the song progresse in a very consistent way and the vocals are amazing and mike does some beautiful singing in this one and his voice is a perfect match to this song. The song as a whole is very beautiful and the theme, singing, melody and lyrics all complete each other in the most beautiful of ways. I can really picture this song being put for folk dancing groups and the band has done this song justice more than can be imagined. some people will say this song is weird and not like linkin park, but so is half the songs they make. Thats what makes them LInkin Park, its because they dont have one certain genre but they make art at its best whatever the genre. This is a beautiful piece of art and thats why i gave it a 9. i couldnt find any similar songs or even anything close to it so this will keep you wondering how does it sound

Until It Breaks - 8

Linkin parks weirdest song transition-wise. The song at first 3 seconds feels like a classic rock song will start before transition weirdly into mike starts rapping raps like most of his tracks on Fort Minor's The Rising Tied. Then some turntable play by joe is demostrated in the track before it transitions in a very impressive and creative moment and chester starts singing very brilliant lines and then mike continues rapping before transitioning in a very messed up way to brad singing like he's in a choir and his voice was so weak and not in anyway confident. In my opinion this ruins the song a bit eventhough many people are excited he is singing. He could have done it in a mixtape or an underground track but they allowed it in the album which hints at more experimentation eventhough they promised no more experimentation. This song was gr8 at first before being ruined by a weird transition and the stubborness to keep experimenting on this album even though they said they are done. This was another song that had potential but was laid back a bit due to bad production.

Tinfoil/Powerless - 6 (lowered after repeated listenings)

Some people describe powerless as the best album close everdone by LP. TBH this is completely wrong, its just wrong and overexcitement from them. Noway is this song the best closing song in an LP album. In my opinion i think this is one of the weakest songs of the album. Tinfoil was promising with the way it built up during its first half and i thought i was going to hear a track like the overwhelming wake but instead the song stopped building up and stayed flat and then faded away which made me very dissapointed. This song was ok lyrics-wise and the melody was okay and not that imprssive and it continued building up and then falling suddenly and building up and so on which was ok but due to its weak premise and melody i couldnt rate this song more than a 6. I cant find a song resembling this but comparing this to other linkin park closers i would rate it lower than puching me away, numb, the little things give you away and even the messenger which was more catchy than this song and chesters vocals were much better on the messenger eventhough they were good on powerless too.

Overall i give this album an impressive 9/10
    I thought that we had a tie between this album and meteora but now that i have carefully listened to the album it has some negatives that werent apparent and it took a lot of listenings to make a full assessment of each song and the album as a whole. This album is by far better than A thousand suns and is a tad better than minutes to midnight, a tad worse than meteora and hybrid theory but as a Linkin Park fan since the early beginnings i can say Linkin Park are starting to go back to their rock roots while maintaining some of the modern electro sounds in an EPIC SMASH of sounds while keeping their TRUE and GENUINE IDENTITY. Iam 100% sure all linkin park fans, old and new will at least be okay with this new album as a whole and noone will keep saying shit about the "new" LP sucking ass because this album shuts up all critic mouthes.

Hope you liked my review and if you have any comments or questions please feel free to tell me
    LINKIN PARK FANS....... ROCK ON

12. CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

This review should be in the LT section of the forums. Most of it is TLDR but, LITE is the best song on the record from an objective point of view? Wtf? By whose decision? & Bits of Dubstep? Dude... Basically, I stopped reading after the third time I saw the word "gr8."

13. OmarAbaza999

this thread is about song description and i find i have described most of songs from my point of view in my post. i said lite is the best song from an objective point of view because thats what most of people on the forum has written and if you look at the poll you will find that LITE is the most favourite track in the community. I dont even think it is the best song and iam for ill be gone as the best song but i wrote "objectively" because i tried not to be unbiased. You might not think its the best track but most people do. Iam sorry for my "gr8" but excuse me english is not my first language. Thanks for your feedback :D

14. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Omar - This thread is more for song descriptions that we have obtained before the leak from critics, magazines, etc. Not fan reviews. I think you should post your review in one of the many fan review threads or start your own thread. :)

15. NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

Honestly I give each and every song on this album a 10/10. I love it so much, it's got the difference between HT to MTM with the vibe of ATS.
    It's just beautiful, lyrically, vocally, instrumentally (if they are even words)...I'm loving the direction LP is taking!

16. OmarAbaza999

well, i found some people doing the same like me and no1 complained so i posted my review here. anyways sorry if this bothers any1, it was just an opinion

17. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Do we need this thread anymore?

18. dafne513

dafne513 New Member

Wow!
    Great job Ree :awesome:

19. ald_

ald_ Intensity 6

Decided to come to this after reading The Hunting Party reviews. I will hold all reviews with a grain of salt from now

20. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Closed this thread because it's been dead for almost two years and there's no point bumping it up.

I was going to start a similar thread for THP but haven't had much time to do it. Someone else can start the thread in the THP subforum if they want to and make sure it gets updated with new info regularly. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.