Mike Shinoda Talks "LIVING THINGS" and Ranks His Top 5 Rappers

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

Dope interview...

I just saw something weird...mike didn´t mentioned Jay Z in his list of rappers!!! Weird...

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

I was waiting for someone to post a comment like this. :lol:

Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

What a great interview!!! More rapping...awesome, but I would like to hear some singing too like in Iridescent, BITS and Blackout.

Also, I hope this record have at least one song with a rap chorus like in POA demo. That would be perfect for me.

merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

One of the most amazing things I've ever read Mike say "It’s definitely feeling like there was a thirst for a certain thing that is very “Linkin Park,” and we wanted to give them that. We’ve been holding it back for a long time and we felt like now is a good time. We’re excited about doing it. We’re excited for people to hear it.". All I needed to hear regarding this album it's so cool to know the band still enjoys "what they started" and are comfortable enough as a band now after the last 2 albums to not make "nu-metal" but at least not shy from what LINKIN PARK is at it's core. Since METEORA an album I still love and yes I know that alot of people on this forum don't but heres why I do, in music usually when a band debut's an album it's that "sound" that defines them and the industry and the general public labels them as "this" type of music so HYBRID THEROY was fresh and exciting unlike any of the other "nu-metal" bands that I remember for me LINKIN PARK has always been their own genre unable to label what they do because no one before or since has made music so diverse. Besides the "B sides" HYBRID theroy was just 12 tracks and usually a follow up album sounds like the first because you use what people know and like to stay in the buisness so naturally METEORA was a very simmilar album but 13 tracks so even when you add up all the actual fully fleshed out songs of their first album including "B sides" the sound they orginated and not since then been replecated has no more music that original "hybrid" of styles has been no more. Obviously LIVING THINGS wont be HYBRID THEROY PART2 but to know that the band will be putting out an album with the most rapping since METEORA is just proof that they still enjoy the original "hybrid" of different styles and want to recapture some of the LINKIN PARK that they themselves have been denying fans for years. I LOVE all of this bands work and every album has made them impossible to pigeonhole this band can do anything any style anytime so I'm just AMPED for the fastest:awesome: LP album release EVER!!!!! JUNE 26TH cant come fast enough!:awesome::awesome::awesome:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
    LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

It's clear that Mike is a better rapper than singer, i dont like him singing it's not him and sounds weird, tho i do like no roads left awesome song.
    Mike is a very underrated rapper he deserves more credit

Calvin

Calvin The rhythm projects 'round the next sound... LPA VIP

+1

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

This isn't trolling. But what I'm going to do here is format your post in a way that people will actually read. Here goes nothing:

---------------------

One of the most amazing things I've ever read Mike say. "It’s definitely feeling like there was a thirst for a certain thing that is very “Linkin Park,” and we wanted to give them that. We’ve been holding it back for a long time and we felt like now is a good time. We’re excited about doing it. We’re excited for people to hear it."

This is all I needed to hear regarding this album. It's so cool to know the band still enjoys "what they started" and are comfortable enough as a band now to not make "nu-metal" but not shy from what the band is at it's core.

Meteora is an album I still love (and yes, I know that a lot of people on this forum don't), and here's why I do: in music, usually when a band debuts, it's THAT sound that defines them. The industry and the general public labels them as THIS type of music. Hybrid Theory was fresh and exciting, unlike any of the other "nu-metal" bands that I remember. For me, Linkin Park has always been their own genre; they're unable to label what they do because no one before or since has made music so diverse.

Besides the b-sides, Hybrid Theory was just 12 tracks. Usually a follow-up album sounds like the first because you use what people know and like to stay relevant in the business. So naturally, Meteora was a very similar album stylistically. When you add up all the actual fully-fleshed-out songs of their first two albums INCLUDING b-sides, the sound they originated hasn't been replicated but rather are two parts of the same album (EDITOR'S NOTE: I have NO IDEA what the hell he/she's trying to say here so I took creative liberty).

Obviously Living Things won't be Hybrid Theory Pt. 2, but to know that the band will be putting out an album with the most rapping since Meteora is just proof that they still enjoy the original hybrid of different styles and want to recapture some of the LP that they themselves have been denying fans for years.

I love all of the band's work and EVERY album has made them impossible to pigeonhole. This band can do anything. Any style, any time. So I'm just AMPED for the FASTEST LP album release to date. June 26th can't come fast enough.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
    deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Thank you.

THANK YOU.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Wow. I didn't know Minus was capable of forming that sentence, even if it was just from someone else's massive WALLUVTEXT.

On topic though, rap is definitely sounding more and more prominent in this album, which hopefully is going to translate into a truly energetic balls-to-the-walls album on steroids.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

We thought about that the minute we reported the story. Shame on you Mike :lol:.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

THANK YOU Minus.. That was actually unreadable for me but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to sound like a bitch, but you handled it pretty well : D

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

:trollface:

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

More rap, Fuck yeah! And heavy rap at that, double-fuck-yeah!!
    I think every artist’s “new album” is their favorite one. That is so fucking true. Often even each new song you do, you think is your best so far until you hear it for a couple of weeks more and realize if your feeling is confirmed or not.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Meteora had all but 4 tracks have rapping, so I'm expecting that i may have been right with my 6-7 songs with rapping assumption

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

All I hope is that at least one of the "rap tracks" goes back to Mike's old style of wordplay (It's Going Down, High Voltage etc) as I felt Mike was always at his best when he did more cerebral raps then emotive rapping. Here's to hoping.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Ohh gawd yes! Those two are some of this best works IMO

P.S. I am now D-rock. Get over it! Biotch!

Minus

To be completely honest, I have no idea who the fuck you were earlier.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

I probably should put something in my sig. I dont know who I am neither nor, how I got here....

Minus

Easier To Run had rapping, as did From The Inside. Arguably, also Numb.

LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

Like i say many times Mike is prob one of the most underrated rapper's of his generation and he deserves way more credit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.