View Poll Results: what would you prefer apple or android?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Android

13 68.42%
  • Apple

5 26.32%
  • both

1 5.26%
  • neither

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Ummmm.... Have a looky-loo: http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoz...ogles-android/

I think you're really out of your element in this discussion. You can't own an iPhone for a week and suddenly become an expert on it. This is evidenced by the fact your arguments in this thread have more holes in them than a dump truck filled with donuts.
    It's true though, especially not after a week.

Never actually directly claimed to be an expert on iPhones. And Im pretty damn sure I can point out a few flaws in Android as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    Never actually directly claimed to be an expert on iPhones. And Im pretty damn sure I can point out a few flaws in Android as well.
    Then stop explaining and claiming as to why your "preferred" OS is the better of the two in question. Why can't we roll with what we're happy with?

Quote Originally Posted by Snackman View Post
    Then stop explaining and claiming as to why your "preferred" OS is the better of the two in question. Why can't we roll with what we're happy with?

You do realise every time there is Android vs iOS thread create there is always a debate? I am not going around saying "you should only have Android cos it's flawless!!!" if you want to support iOS that's alright BUT imho like the OP had asked, I prefer Andriod and I exaggerated. It's a debate, not Android or iOS propaganda. I am almost tempted to add "hurr durr" to that previous quote but I won't. Unless I need to point out the obvious again to specifically you for the third time in two pages. No offence intended.
    Last edited by Gloomy Mushroom; 04-28-2012 at 01:11 PM.

You do realise every time there is Android vs iOS thread create there is always a debate? I am not going around saying "you should only have Android cos it's flawless!!!" if you want to support iOS that's alright BUT imho like the OP had asked, I prefer Andriod and I exaggerated. It's a debate, not Android or iOS propaganda. I am almost tempted to add "hurr durr" to that previous quote but I won't. Unless I need to point out the obvious again to specifically you for the third time in two pages. No offence intended.
    I am aware the original poster/post asked which one was better, but I posted what I thought was better and someone asked me how I think iOS is better than Android, I replied with one of the reasons as to why I believe so, and then you join in as if you know about each and every operating system, how they compare, their strengths, flaws and what-not.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackman View Post
    I am aware the original poster/post asked which one was better, but I posted what I thought was better and someone asked me how I think iOS is better than Android, I replied with one of the reasons as to why I believe so, and then you join in as if you know about each and every operating system, how they compare, their strengths, flaws and what-not.
    It's an age old (not literally) debate against rivals. That's what happens in debates you have to compare facts, the flaws, the strengths and non traditionally your opinion. I fail to see what problem we have here. And why assume I know it all when more then two people have come up with evidence to rebute me?

It's an age old (not literally) debate against rivals. That's what happens in debates you have to compare facts, the flaws, the strengths and non traditionally your opinion. I fail to see what problem we have here.
    This "argument" is a branch off from what Mark said, so head back there.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPOWitsCHRIS View Post
    I didn't want to post here before in the fear of starting something, but since it's already began...

I just wanna address the new iPhone every 6 months. Here is the iPhone release history this far.

July 2007
    July 2008
    June 2009
    June 2010
    October 2011

Now forgive me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't look like every 6 months to me.

Anyways I love my iPhone and iOS for these few reasons

No Fragmentation
    No malware
    Simple and easy to use
    Good, quality apps
    Good battery life
    An all round solid OS that isn't beta software

But yeah, cba with arguing, I mean, it's a phone... just a phone.
    What were we saying about every 6 months? Now, let me add to that with one of the most popular Android lines. The Samsung Galaxy.

Samsung has released at least 21 different versions of its Galaxy series across the world. That is just counting primary builds, without all the iterations within different builds. For instance, the original Samsung Galaxy S had five different versions in the U.S. among the top five carriers. It was the most successful Galaxy phone at the time, to be eclipsed later by its big brother, the S II.

A Timeline of the Galaxy

June 2009
    Samsung Galaxy (i7500)
    Carriers: Multiple international
    Released: Android 1.6 Donut

November 2009
    Samsung Galaxy Lite/Spica/Portal (i5700)
    Carriers: Three, T-Mobile
    Released: Android 2.1 Eclair

June 2010
    Samsung Galaxy S Captivate/Vibrant/Fascinate/Epic 4G/Mesmerize etc. (i9000)
    Carriers: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular and almost
    every other international carrier

July 2010
    Samsung Galaxy 3/Apollo/Mini (i5800)
    Carriers: Orange

July 2010
    Samsung Galaxy Beam/Halo (i8520)

August 2010
    Samsung Galaxy Europa/550/5 (i5500)

February 2011
    Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830)
    Released: Android 2.2 Froyo

February 2011
    Samsung Galaxy Fit (S5670)

March 2011
    Samsung Galaxy Gio (GT-S5660)
    Released: Android 2.2.1 Froyo

March 2011
    Samsung Galaxy Mini (GT-S5570)

April 2011
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820)
    Carriers: Boost Mobile

April 2011
    Samsung Galaxy Pro
    Carriers: Three (UK), multiple international

May 2011
    Samsung Galaxy S II, SkyRocket, Captivate Glide, Epic Touch 4G (i900 with several variations)
    Carriers: AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, multiple international
    Released: Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread

June 2011
    Samsung Exhibit 4G
    Carriers: T-Mobile
    Released: Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread

June 2011
    Samsung Galaxy Z
    Carriers: Three (Sweden)
    Released: Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread

November 2011
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carriers: Verizon, Sprint (U.S.), Virgin Mobile, Rogers, Fido, Bell, Telus (Canada), Three, Orange, O2, Vodafone, T-Mobile (UK), multiple international
    Released: Android 4.0.1 Ice Cream Sandwich

January 2012
    Samsung Galaxy Pro Duos
    Carriers: International Unlocked
    Released: Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread

May 2012
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Carriers: ?
    Released: Android 4.0.1 Ice Cream Sandwich
    2013 Concerts:
    Imagine Dragons (Orlando House of Blues, 15 Feb 13)
    Imagine Dragons (St. Augustine Amp, 11 May 13)
    Boyz II Men, 98 Degrees, NKOTB (AMWAY Arena, 21 Jun 13)

The Original @LP2K12
    www.InkedUpMess.com

Does anyone on LPA own an iPad by any chance?

Okay so I got butt raped on my six months comment. I got it.

Also I love how Apple co founder has admitted Android is better then iOS. And he holds some pretty valid points on the iPhone 4S.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...er-iPhone.html
    Last edited by Gloomy Mushroom; 04-28-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Does anyone on LPA own an iPad by any chance?
    Yes

Also I love how Apple co founder has admitted Android is better then iOS. And he holds some pretty valid points on the iPhone 4S.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...er-iPhone.html
    He does have valid points, but I don't know why this is -worthy. Both OSes have their strengths and weaknesses. And the guy hasn't worked for Apple in 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by @LP2K12 View Post
    What were we saying about every 6 months? Now, let me add to that with one of the most popular Android lines. The Samsung Galaxy.

Samsung has released at least 21 different versions of its Galaxy series across the world. That is just counting primary builds, without all the iterations within different builds. For instance, the original Samsung Galaxy S had five different versions in the U.S. among the top five carriers. It was the most successful Galaxy phone at the time, to be eclipsed later by its big brother, the S II.
    A point always well-missed by iOS haters who use the release schedule for their "offense."

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Yes

He does have valid points, but I don't know why this is -worthy. Both OSes have their strengths and weaknesses. And the guy hasn't worked for Apple in 25 years.
    In your opinion, how well do you get reception? (This is more of a personal curiousity then an argument)
    Does it let you choose your hardware?
    Does it let you mount your iPad to your computer?
    Do you have a menu button like the iPhone or a desktop?

Doesn't dismiss the fact that he co owned and was Steve Jobs' second man and shows how little faith he has in the products nowadays.

iPhone users on the other hand. This is what you call (to me) user friendly menu:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	430246_199678393469349_100002815691541_281037_263172611_n.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	4372
    Last edited by Gloomy Mushroom; 04-28-2012 at 02:54 PM.

In your opinion, how well do you get reception? (This is more of a personal curiousity then an argument)

Doesn't dismiss the fact that he co owned and was Steve Jobs' second man and shows how little faith he has in the products nowadays.
    I wouldn't say that's fair. If you re-read the article and research, he still is waiting outside at the launch of every new iPhone. The iPhone is still his main device. He's just saying there are capabilities that the Android gives him that the iPhone doesn't, but only after he tinkers with it.

I wouldn't say that's fair. If you re-read the article and research, he still is waiting outside at the launch of every new iPhone. The iPhone is still his main device. He's just saying there are capabilities that the Android gives him that the iPhone doesn't, but only after he tinkers with it.

I know it does. I just percieve saying that your rival company has a better OS then yours says something about the products he waits inline for.

I know it does. I just percieve saying that your rival company has a better OS then yours says something about the products he waits inline for.
    I suppose so. I'm a store manager for T-Mobile USA. I've worked for them for three years. I have a Sprint iPhone 4S. It doesn't mean I don't support T-Mobile, it just means they weren't offering the product I wanted. So, I see where you're coming from.

I suppose so. I'm a store manager for T-Mobile USA. I've worked for them for three years. I have a Sprint iPhone 4S. It doesn't mean I don't support T-Mobile, it just means they weren't offering the product I wanted. So, I see where you're coming from.

Like me. Working for the Vodafone network once and yet I had an Optus networked phone.

It's Like I'm Paranoid...

iPhone users on the other hand. This is what you call (to me) user friendly menu:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	430246_199678393469349_100002815691541_281037_263172611_n.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	4372
    I fail to see how that is a easy to use UI. There is so much going on. The menu bar has several icons, there's widgets, app shortcuts all on one screen. Give that to a non techy person and they won't know where to begin.

iOS you can give it to an elderly person or a young child and they are generally able to just use it and pick it up instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPOWitsCHRIS View Post
    iOS you can give it to an elderly person or a young child and they are generally able to just use it and pick it up instantly.
    True that. On the day my mom got her iPhone, she was so clueless she thought the app store was a physical store that you had to go to to buy apps. 3 days later, she's surfing the web, checking her e-mail, texting, listening to music, Facebooking and playing Angry Birds on it. She even put her grocery list in the Notes app before she went to the store, and did that all by herself, because it wasn't something I showed her. I was quite impressed. No way could she do that on that Android UI, there's just way too much going on. Even my dad was playing with her phone and he's more computer illiterate than my mom.

Don't get me wrong, I like widgets. I wish I could have widgets on my iOS home screen, it's one thing I miss from Android. But there's no denying that iOS wins usability hands down.

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    True that. On the day my mom got her iPhone, she was so clueless she thought the app store was a physical store that you had to go to to buy apps. 3 days later, she's surfing the web, checking her e-mail, texting, listening to music, Facebooking and playing Angry Birds on it. She even put her grocery list in the Notes app before she went to the store, and did that all by herself, because it wasn't something I showed her. I was quite impressed. No way could she do that on that Android UI, there's just way too much going on. Even my dad was playing with her phone and he's more computer illiterate than my mom.

Don't get me wrong, I like widgets. I wish I could have widgets on my iOS home screen, it's one thing I miss from Android. But there's no denying that iOS wins usability hands down.
    Same with my mother. She can pick up my iPad and she can use it fairly well. She is very untechnical minded, and I am forever having to help her out when she uses a real computer but not with my iPad.

Okay, I'm set to concede about everyone's points about iOS. It's not for me though.

I really hate Apple's closeness and "clean"ness and how they operate as a company and try to sue people over the most mundane and stupid of things.

Thread Information