Justin Bieber's Mixing Engineer is mixing (destroying) Linkin Park's new album.

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Promofrog, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

Accept the truth, discuss, anyone who insults me in any way shape or form in their reply will have their opinion cast aside and ignored, you are not ready yet.

[​IMG]

"Then they introduce me to Manny, the mixer. He just finished that new Bieber “Boyfriend” single."

http://thehundreds.com/blog/2012/04/19/in-the-mix/

Mixing is the most important part of music today, Dr Dre and Kanye West realise this, not even writing much of their new material and simply mixing the material brought to them by other producers to put on their new albums.

The fact they've put a guy in charge who was involved in Justin Bieber's single where he says "swag" is beyond me, this must be a joke.

This man obviously has no respect for himself, regardless of the other artists he has worked with, he has contributed and mixed with Bieber's negativity, which can only leak into LP's work.

Dynamics, presence and space are the most important aspects of music today, and this guy is in charge of that, the way the new album sounds will be at least 30% Manny "Sell-out" Marroquin.

On top of this disgrace, why the fuck isn't Mike mixing his own music by now? I thought he was one of the top 10 music producers on earth, everyone else on his level (or so I thought) are mixing their own material.

Say hello to the new Linkin Park ladies and gentleman, frog out.

[video=youtube;xYoxBQ03wUQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYoxBQ03wUQ&ob=av2e[/video]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
    Oliver

Oliver Spela Shoreline!

Why would he destroy it?

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

Trollfrog :facepalm:

Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

By remixing it to appeal to little girls.

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

This thread made me laugh because of how ridiculous it is.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

This is really just a thread to get us to listen to this awesome new Bieber song since it's got really great guitars

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

You haven't even heard the album though..

Oliver

Oliver Spela Shoreline!

It's still Linkin Park who wrote and recorded the songs, and how would he mix it to "appeal to little girls". And I doubt that girls listen to Justin Bieber because of the mix...

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

This thread is so ridiculous, hes done great work Including 2Pac, Kanye West, Mariah Carey and lots more. And has won grammys. Check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_Marroquin

So much ignorance these days :facepalm:

He has mixed every Kanye West album except MBDTF. If you think the mixing on that is bad than I have no idea what to say to you....

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Are you kidding me? Please tell me this thread is your poor attempt at a troll, because otherwise you really are the definition of ignorance.

He is NOT Justin Bieber's mixing engineer. He's a legend, and is a FOUR TIME grammy winning mixer. He did ONE song for Bieber. He's worked with these artists:

Nas, Lupe Fiasco, U2, Jay-Z, John Mayer, Kanye West, Common, John Legend, Dilated Peoples, 2PAC, Biggie, Warren G, Mobb Deep, to name a few.

Several of those artists are incredibly great musicians, gifted, or even considered INFLUENTIAL in their genre. To call him Bieber's mixing engineer and automatically trash an album you haven't heard is not only immature, but also makes you a shining example of everything that is wrong with the LP fanbase. This thread is so unbelievably ignorant it's almost lock-worthy. I should be locking this thread. This is the most ridiculous and ignorant thread I've read on here in a long time.

Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

Goodbye LP, it was a great 11 years :(

Then the guy should have enough dignity and respect for himself not to work with such a manufactured symbol of the music industry's downfall, with spoilt brats boasting about how much better they are as individuals than other human beings, it's too late, Bieber's negativity has already spread into Linkin Park's work.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
    Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

:rofl:

Geki

Geki >.

I could give a FUCK if he produced Justin's new song. Look at all the other people he has mixed for?!? Also, Burn It Down's mixing sounds fucking amazing, way better than the mixing on ATS. MTM had amazing mixing, though. Wait until you hear the album. Also, the songs are made by LP and Rick Rubin, he only fucking mixes the tracks, he doesn't change the music. LOL.

Blake

THIS!

Some pole these days, seriously :facepalm:

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

There are so many logical fallacies and stupid shit in this thread that I cannot even begin to fathom.

OP, you realize that the songs were written BEFORE the mixing started right? which is to say that Manny HAS ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING INFLUENCE ON THE SONGS THEY WROTE. MANNY DID NOT MAKE JUSTIN BIEBER SAY "swag" NOR DID HE MAKE LINKIN PARK DO ANYTHING.

You're being a revisionist. They picked a mixer after the songs were done, therefore the songs are bad? If they picked Neal Avron again, would the songs be good? The songs are already good or bad regardless of who's mixing them.

I hope to fucking shit this is a troll.

^ tl;dnr version of my post.

Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

Dynamics, presence and space are the most important aspects of music today, or at least will be in a couple of years, this guy is in charge of those aspects.

Geki

Geki >.

Think what you want... But know that you are wrong, and the album will sound amazing, and you know you'll love it, despite the fact that someone that mixed a Justin Beiber song has mixed the album. Please tell me this is a troll?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You're so melodramatic over one song that it's actually giving me a headache. I'm having trouble understand if you're serious, or attempting and failing at a massive troll.

Justin Bieber isn't manufactured for your information. He was found on YouTube playing covers. He has writing credits on the majority of his music, is deeply involved with his merchandising and even plays instruments on his songs. And he can actually sing live and isn't heavily reliant on autotune.

I might totally hate the kid's music but even I know he isn't manufactured. He was already known on YouTube before he made it big.

And even so, Manny doesn't have to refuse shit. If someone came up to you and offered you a couple hundred thousand to mix a song, you'd do it to. And don't even pull this artistic integrity crap and claim you'd refuse it on those bounds. In any job, money talks.

Blake

dafuq+did+i+just+see+_363ef5fa4507a77d1fe8b549ef705049.jpg

Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

I agree with both of you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.