Mike Shinoda Discusses Direction of LIVING THINGS with NME

Discussion in 'News' started by Benjamin, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mastae

mastae Some Honky

So basically... it'll be a Linkin Park album :p

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Touche! :lol:

3. $treet$oldier

$treet$oldier I run untill the silence splits me open

So... Did anyone notice that track number 5 on A Thousand Suns is called "When They Come For Me" and track 5 on Living Things is "I'll Be Gone"... :p

4. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Yeah, it has been mentioned many times in other threads. :lol:

5. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

You're lucky you got here first.

6. $treet$oldier

$treet$oldier I run untill the silence splits me open

Ooh haha. Well nevermind then I'll return to my corner and listen Burn It Down. xD

7. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

This fan base is so worried right now, and rightfully so. I'll be disappointed if each song is almost the same length. We'll see.

8. Derek

You guys do realize that even if you all hate this album, the next one probably wont sound a thing like this right? This band changes their sound (*almost*) every album. :lol:

9. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

I don't think so, if anything Burn It Down is more ATS than anything, mostly because of the synths etc. If anything I think it will bring back lost fans. Then again, who cares! Everyone on these forums likes their new style so it shouldn't be a problem for us....

The awesome crew :awesome:

10. Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Yeah but from where this album seems to be going, it looks like they aren't continuing the experimental spirit of ATS (Just based off of the interviews thus far. Not saying it will be that way). That will most likely be the divisive issue for Living Things.

11. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

It's okay, I've only been glancing over the threads until now, so that was news to me. Mind=blown. Take that as you will.

12. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I agree with Keaton.

13. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Yep. That's why I'm not sweating it as much. I'm worried but I'm not angry about it. An upbeat catchy album won't be the end of the world. I'm sure I'll find something about it to enjoy.

I'm just sad we have to wait so long for the album to come out.

14. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am thinking right now that would the band continue to experiment new sounds [same as ATS] after LT era? because this album is a mixture of HT-ATS...

15. mastae

mastae Some Honky

People seem to be misinterpreting Mike's comments imo...

It's going to be a more electronic MTM... (shorter, more compact songs. Overall, each song is individual and separate of each other).

16. Derek

Today I realized I don't care if LIVING THINGS sounds a little familiar.

Why? Because I'm realizing right now, as I replay BURN IT DOWN for close to the 50th time that I am completely in love with it and that it gets better for me with every listen. I'm realizing as my friends text me saying "I usually don't like Linkin Park but that new track aint that bad" that the song is actually better than it's being given credit for. Everyone put incredibly high expectations on the band to recreate ATS, and when you put that type of pressure on the band, of course they're going to fail. I really don't care if it sounds like a dancy version of New Divide, or if people claim you can pretty much sing Poker Face etc over it....it's a good song. It's heavily in line with the type of music I've been listening to lately, and fits very well in my playlist. Maybe I'll hate the song in a month or two (hey I certainly overplayed The Catalyst for a while), but for right now it's getting heavy rotation.

I don't get why a band has to constantly be groundbreaking to be good music. At least this doesn't sound 100% like a Linkin Park song we've heard before, or worse...a carbon copy of an older album/Meteora Part 2. The Beatles certainly made some songs early in their career that were nothing "unique" and yet they're still very good songs and people love those songs. What's different here?

And besides...who's to say the band won't go completely bonkers on album 6 again? Nobody knows what this band is going to do. They change their mind with every album and have been doing so since 2007.

17. Ace31

Ace31 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who finds it kind of funny that the same people who want another ATS-like album are the same ones who bash Meteora for being too Hybrid Theory-ish? Just an observation...I was one of them :)

And Derek, strongly agree with your big wall of text above me! I'm really interested in seeing how the band incorporates the best of their 'tools' to make an awesome album. Haven't been disappointed by them yet.

18. mastae

mastae Some Honky

Completely agree Derek

19. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Not sure if it was mentioned in another thread or not, but judging Mike's recent tweets their still mixing the album. I'm sure some people here saw it.

20. Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Another ATS would not sound like ATS though. We want them to keep pushing so they never sound the same. I don't think that's the same as the HT-Meteora situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.