Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 181 to 194 of 194
  1. #181
    I'MA ROBOT BOY! Figure.2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    122
    Guys we shouldn't be judging an album that's not even out yet. Give it time, this is EXACTLY what happened with ATS. Chillax, and hopefully you'll find something you like on the album.

    As for Meteora, I think its LP's best album IMO. I honestly don't understand how people can hate it, it evolved on HT's sound. Interludes, slow songs, deeper lyrics. Frkin hell, even flutes are in it!

    And Burn It Down, IMO fits as a perfect single. Its catchy and easy to listen to. Basically for people who aren't really "fans" but casual listeners. Again, just putting my two cents out there...
    You've become a part of me, you'll always be right here
    You've become a part of me, you'll always be my fear
    I can't separate, myself from what I've done
    Giving up a part of me, I've let myself become YOU!

  2. #182
    Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. minuteforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Farrell View Post
    There is almost nothing organic to Burn It Down.
    Not sonically, no. The writing process might have been, um, organic, though


    Hold onto what is there ... and count the saints



  3. #183
    DunkCity Blake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure.2012 View Post
    Guys we shouldn't be judging an album that's not even out yet. Give it time, this is EXACTLY what happened with ATS. Chillax, and hopefully you'll find something you like on the album.

    As for Meteora, I think its LP's best album IMO. I honestly don't understand how people can hate it, it evolved on HT's sound. Interludes, slow songs, deeper lyrics. Frkin hell, even flutes are in it!

    And Burn It Down, IMO fits as a perfect single. Its catchy and easy to listen to. Basically for people who aren't really "fans" but casual listeners. Again, just putting my two cents out there...
    I totally agree with what you said about Meteora
    2013 Concerts:
    February 8th- VoxNora, Atlas Genius, and Imagine Dragons. (Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ)
    April 18th- The Postal Service. (Comerica Theatre, Phoenix, AZ)
    June 6th- Hillsong United. (ShoWare Center, Kent, WA)
    September 7th- Chivalry is Dead, Always Right, Monhagans Dixon, Straight Til Morning, Visions of the Martyr, To Each His Own, and Romance Mechanics. (Pub Rock, Scottsdale, AZ)
    December 3rd- Get Dead, Masked Intruder, Anti-Flag, and Less Than Jake. (The Nile, Mesa, AZ)

    2014 Concerts:
    February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega. (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    August 31st- Ed Sheeran (Jobbing.com Arena, Glendale, AZ)
    September 5th- Blake Shelton, The Band Perry, Dan+Shay, and Neal McCoy (Ak-Chin Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ)
    September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    Formerly known as Bliss / Dementia

  4. #184
    The rhythm projects 'round the next sound... Calvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss View Post
    I totally agree with what you said about Meteora
    I second that. And its not that I have limited diversity in my music taste that I love Meteora. My playlist consists of Usher, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Odd Future, Nickelback, Blink 182, Sum 41, The Goo Goo Dolls, Sean Paul, Shaggy, Coldplay, Maroon 5, D-12, Breaking Benjamin, Drake, Ed Sheeran, Eminem, Olly Murs, Adele, Meg Myers (thanks to Mike ;D), Saving Abel, The Script and many many others...

    I just feel Meteora took the experimental sound from HT and perfected it with more meaningful lyrics and still had that metropolitan clarity about it... Hybrid Theory was definitely the more angsty album but they refrained it a bit in Meteora, in my opinion (though I still love HT ;D).
    But in the end we were meant to be apart, like separate chambers of the human heart...

    "The best lyrics are the ones that describe those emotions in ways you always wanted to say but could never find the words." - Mike Shinoda

    Formerly known as Epiksha.

  5. #185
    Never Forget. Never Surrender. KillerUndies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    3,766
    Meteora had interludes? I don't recall this at all, but maybe it's because I haven't listened to it in years.
    And as we walk out through the cords, into the webs
    Our blood thrashing to a different cask
    We will see a square to hold us all, that carries out all eagerness
    In light and in pastures, in sound and space
    In perspiration and in ache, in coil and blaze
    In respect and in futility, in peace and quality
    Everyone will claim their place, together.
    Eternally.

    12.24.2008

  6. #186
    Firing squad or lineup? Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by 11:54 View Post
    Meteora had interludes? I don't recall this at all, but maybe it's because I haven't listened to it in years.
    If you count Foreword and Session, then it did.

  7. #187
    Satisfaction is the death of Desire Ben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cameron Park, CA
    Posts
    836
    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    If you count Foreword and Session, then it did.
    ...no. No.

    Did I mention no?

    Come on. Foreward was an intro leading into Don't Stay, and Session was an instrumental song. There are no interludes in Meteora. And, there are no slow songs. I don't know what you're considering "slow", but by no standards are any of the songs on Meteora slow. Easier to Run is probably the slowest, and it still has huge power chords and aggressive vocals on it.

  8. #188
    DunkCity Blake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Epiksha View Post
    I second that. And its not that I have limited diversity in my music taste that I love Meteora. My playlist consists of Usher, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Odd Future, Nickelback, Blink 182, Sum 41, The Goo Goo Dolls, Sean Paul, Shaggy, Coldplay, Maroon 5, D-12, Breaking Benjamin, Drake, Ed Sheeran, Eminem, Olly Murs, Adele, Meg Myers (thanks to Mike ;D), Saving Abel, The Script and many many others...

    I just feel Meteora took the experimental sound from HT and perfected it with more meaningful lyrics and still had that metropolitan clarity about it... Hybrid Theory was definitely the more angsty album but they refrained it a bit in Meteora, in my opinion (though I still love HT ;D).
    great music taste tbh. Usher, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Blink-182, Sum 41, Goo Goo Dolls, Sean Paul, Shaggy, (some) Coldplay, Maroon 5, D-12, Breaking Benjamin, (some) Drake, Eminem, (some) Adele, Saving Abel, and The Script are all great. I think we would get a long haha just based on music choices haha.

    I've never heard of- Ed Sheeran, Olly Murs, or Meg Myers

    I hate Nickleback and Tyler the Creator is overrated by Fank Ocean is my man. I love him (the rest of Odd Future is ok, i just dislike Tyler and really love Frank)

  9. #189
    I'm Not Obsessed!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    380
    Another big fan of Meteora here.

    Although it was seemingly an attempt to recapture the same awesomeness as HT, you could hardly blame LP for doing so. We ALL know how great HT was, so as a fledgling band trying to make it in the massive world of music, they thought growing on the success of their previous album was a good idea. It was a decision that may have needed to be made, or they may not still be together and successful today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    ...no. No.

    Did I mention no?

    Come on. Foreward was an intro leading into Don't Stay, and Session was an instrumental song. There are no interludes in Meteora. And, there are no slow songs. I don't know what you're considering "slow", but by no standards are any of the songs on Meteora slow. Easier to Run is probably the slowest, and it still has huge power chords and aggressive vocals on it.


    I only give Meteora credit for getting me into Linkin Park.

  11. #191
    Firing squad or lineup? Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    ...no. No.

    Did I mention no?

    Come on. Foreward was an intro leading into Don't Stay, and Session was an instrumental song. There are no interludes in Meteora. And, there are no slow songs. I don't know what you're considering "slow", but by no standards are any of the songs on Meteora slow. Easier to Run is probably the slowest, and it still has huge power chords and aggressive vocals on it.
    I'm not saying that I consider those songs interludes, but maybe that's where the other guy was coming from.

    Quote Originally Posted by Epiksha View Post
    I second that. And its not that I have limited diversity in my music taste that I love Meteora. My playlist consists of Usher, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Odd Future, Nickelback, Blink 182, Sum 41, The Goo Goo Dolls, Sean Paul, Shaggy, Coldplay, Maroon 5, D-12, Breaking Benjamin, Drake, Ed Sheeran, Eminem, Olly Murs, Adele, Meg Myers (thanks to Mike ;D), Saving Abel, The Script and many many others...
    YES! Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, I love them!

    Quote Originally Posted by Figure.2012 View Post
    Guys we shouldn't be judging an album that's not even out yet. Give it time, this is EXACTLY what happened with ATS. Chillax, and hopefully you'll find something you like on the album.

    As for Meteora, I think its LP's best album IMO. I honestly don't understand how people can hate it, it evolved on HT's sound. Interludes, slow songs, deeper lyrics. Frkin hell, even flutes are in it!

    And Burn It Down, IMO fits as a perfect single. Its catchy and easy to listen to. Basically for people who aren't really "fans" but casual listeners. Again, just putting my two cents out there...
    This. Except about interludes and slow songs. I think that Meteora is an improvement on Hybrid Theory, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You don't have to change your sound entirely in order to be creative. Almost every single band/artist stays somewhat similar to their original stuff. In fact, LP is probably the only band that I can think of to go through that drastic a change.

    About BID, I agree. They won't release the heaviest song on the album, as it will only cater to people who like heavy stuff. This song, I think, is the best possible single. It has soft vocals, rough vocals, rapping, electronics, some heavy bass stuff, and catchy hooks and tunes. It is a casual but not simple song, albeit the perfect single.
    Last edited by Inferno; 04-23-2012 at 02:14 AM.

  12. #192
    >.<
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss View Post
    i still get the MTM feel listening to it
    Me too. For some reason, this album sounds like it will be a more up tempo MTM to me. Which is a good thing, MTM was my favorite era.

  13. #193
    DunkCity Blake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Inky View Post
    Me too. For some reason, this album sounds like it will be a more up tempo MTM to me. Which is a good thing, MTM was my favorite era.
    MTM wasn't my favorite album but I love the era and the progression they did and i thought those types of songs were epic and i liked it better than ATS. great era and this album will be more up tempo which will be amazing

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure.2012 View Post
    Guys we shouldn't be judging an album that's not even out yet. Give it time, this is EXACTLY what happened with ATS. Chillax, and hopefully you'll find something you like on the album.
    I agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Figure.2012 View Post
    As for Meteora, I think its LP's best album IMO. I honestly don't understand how people can hate it, it evolved on HT's sound. Interludes, slow songs, deeper lyrics. Frkin hell, even flutes are in it!
    Instrumentally, the album delivered. Lyrically? It's a disaster; childish and watered down. Also, there were no interludes. Pure and simple, people dislike it because the content took away from the band's credibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by Figure.2012 View Post
    And Burn It Down, IMO fits as a perfect single. Its catchy and easy to listen to. Basically for people who aren't really "fans" but casual listeners. Again, just putting my two cents out there...
    It's catchy and easy to listen to, but I feel absolutely no passion from the track. A standard, unimpressive single that fails to soar.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •