iTunes Reveals "LIVING THINGS" Tracklisting

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Here's a thought: Lies Greed Misery could very well be the anti-song to Wisdom Justice & Love

2. Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

There are no instrumentals in ATS, just interludes, so no.

3. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Interludes without vocals and with music ARE instrumentals.

4. LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

I'm just in the school of thought that a title is not an integral piece to having good music.

Just for examples, Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco used to use some weird-ass titles. However, I never let that title skew my opinion on a song/album.

5. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

It's certainly not essential. But an artist who doesn't care in making his work heartfelt is only half an artist to me. If the music is great, what is the problem in taking 30 minutes more in thinking in a real fascinating name for it?
    Actually, I'm not complaining much with what you said, is more maybe a frustration to see that LP doesn't care after all to give special names to their works.
    I've seen the names Mike has given to his paintings in the booklet (genious and really deep-thought), or even Fort Minor is respectable. While in Living Things we have gone back to ground school.

6. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Two questions. First, why are all the names in all caps, and second, when is the music video for BURN IT DOWN coming?

7. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Becuz MIKE SAYS "ALL CAPS" .. Well, I don't think the caps is a big deal, actually Linkin Park has written stuff in caps for a while, I don't know.

And as for the BID video, I think it should be done in the next two weeks. Hopefully, I'm eager and wondering how it will turn out.

8. PIFRESH

PIFRESH Well-Known Member

cant wait for the music video for BID

9. ZoeLinkingal

ZoeLinkingal The Unforgiving

It's 3:30am now, woke up just for this!!

10. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

quotes unto infinity.

I am graciously lowering my expectations for this album, hopefully when it hits it will have a soft landing.

11. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Lost in Echos.. hmm. That has to be an instrumental, at least if I judge by the past 4 albums.

12. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Oh, I thought that the music video would come the same day as the release of the single.
    The all capitol letters thing is a bit odd, and BURN IT DOWN is really noticeable among the regularly capitalized songs, so I guess it will be easier to find.

13. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

14. Inferno

Inferno Firing squad or lineup?

Ummm... interludes are kinda lame, aren't they? That's why they're not called SONGS.

15. Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

I apologize, I was offended by that guy's comment about molestation. I also apologize for being sharp with Hybrid Soldier, it was just that his insensitivity to the matter rubbed me the wrong way. He didn't do anything wrong, and I'm sorry. I would like to say, for the record, that I am not a homosexual, assless chap wearing cowboy from Texas. Even though that was pretty funny. It made me laugh in class, and everyone looked at me like I was crazy.

On another note, I have heard BID on 102.1 The Edge every hour, on the hour. Glad to see LP getting some exposure.

16. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

It's not. People need to stop comparing this with older albums. This is going to be different. Also lol@ everyone acting surprised over the song titles. They're so LP, which is a good indicator that the album itself will be great.

17. Inferno

Inferno Firing squad or lineup?

I like the track listing overall, but LIES GREED MISERY is an ok title. Not terrible, just not great. And I like Living Things as a title. It's just not as cool as their previous ones.

18. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Lol calm down, it was just a suggestion. The last 4 albums have been, and the last TWO have been completely different. So it was a good observation.

19. lpfan89

lpfan89 You will pay for what you've done

People complaining about the track titles? The world is indeed back to the way it's supposed to be. For a while there people were actually excited for this album. It was freaking me out. :p

20. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Alright, I just gotta ask: why are we doing the all caps thing with this album? No less annoying than the 1337-sp33k names they used for Reanimation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.