Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer. LPSTer. YoMarques's Avatar
    I'm not really sure where I should leave this comment, but this thread looks the most appropriate one. While trying to pre-order the album on the warnerartists link, I got this message: Error. Parsing JSON Request failed.

The hell does this mean D:
    Last edited by YoMarques; 04-16-2012 at 05:59 PM.
    "Dream big, work hard and don't be an asshole." - Mike Shinoda

Opening
    TINFOIL's name doesn't seem to fit in with any of the others, otherwise quite excited.

Proud Venezuelan LP fan. With adorable feet. Andreina's Avatar
    For some reason I feel "Tinfoil" is not a lyric song but an instrumental, I can't imagine lyrics on that title.

Because everyone has to know

You're GUILTY ALL THE SAME / Too sick to be ashamed
    You want to point your finger / but there's no one else to blame

Quote Originally Posted by YoMarques View Post
    I'm not really sure where I should left this comment, but this thread looks the most appropriate one. While trying to pre-order the album on the warnerartists link, I got this message: Error. Parsing JSON Request failed.

The hell does this mean D:
    Not sure, give it a while and try again. Preorders aren't going anywhere and won't run out.

I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter. Xero21's Avatar
    "Victimized"

I don't like judging the way a song is by its title, but titles and lyrics can go hand in hand. Sounds like we may be heading into dark territory on this one.
    Last edited by Xero21; 04-16-2012 at 05:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    - Xero the twenty-first
    3/29/12 - Was the groom in the first ever LPA marriage!

Formerly known as Xero21 Brandon.

Quote Originally Posted by IISUPERXEROI View Post
    Mike is having the midlife crisis

I hope the album will sound better than the titles does.
    Last edited by Storm; 04-16-2012 at 05:50 PM.

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    I LOL'ed at Lies, Greed, Misery and Tinfoil. Not really digging the titles like I did with ATS when that was released. The song i'm most intrigued by is Lost In The Echo, the description of it sounds mint.

instagram & twitter: @evanfass Filthy's Avatar
    I'M JUST GLAD THEY KNEW HOW EXCITED WE ALL WERE BY PUTTING ALL THE TITLES IN CAPS LOCK ON ITUNES!!

Don't Stop Running
    So who can't wait for album 6?

Ntr/Mssion
    I'm on 44 listens of the single, aka 152 mins

Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer. LPSTer. YoMarques's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Not sure, give it a while and try again. Preorders aren't going anywhere and won't run out.
    Okay, thanks! I also realized it only happens with the CD bundle one, not with the digital one. Maybe they're just not ready yet

What's a 'Grey Daze'?
    I'm just going to be honest with myself. This track listing, with the exception of 4 songs, is just bad. "Victimized", "powerless", and "lies greed misery" highlight the list of just downright horrible names. Those names could be created by looking in a dictionary for a few minutes. I'm not a fan of one word song titles unless the one word is something creative (for example: iridescent). I just think somewhere along the way, during this process, the band went from being already bad at naming things to being just horrible. Even comparing this tracklist to Meteora is a disservice to Meteora.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek The Infamous View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. I just went a few pages back and saw some unnecessary hostility in this thread.
    Some of that hostility was started by my "funny" comment earlier today...

Quote Originally Posted by LinkinParkHotspur View Post
    I'm just going to be honest with myself. This track listing, with the exception of 4 songs, is just bad. "Victimized", "powerless", and "lies greed misery" highlight the list of just downright horrible names. Those names could be created by looking in a dictionary for a few minutes. I'm not a fan of one word song titles unless the one word is something creative (for example: iridescent). I just think somewhere along the way, during this process, the band went from being already bad at naming things to being just horrible. Even comparing this tracklist to Meteora is a disservice to Meteora.

can you please share with us, how all those songs sound? It seems you're an expert regarding your judgements.
    “We live in an age of reproduction. Most of what makes up our personal picture of the world we have never seen with our own eyes--or rather, we've seen it with our own eyes, but not on the spot: our knowledge comes to us from a distance, we are televiewers, telehearers, teleknowers.” (M.F.)

formerly known as formerly known.

I don't know what to say about the titles. They're just, uh, titles.

I missed the part where the name defines the song, the cover defines the book, the face defines the person...

If 'Lies Greed Misery' is terribly written and overuses those 3 words, then its a horrible song with a horrible title. If the song is well written with themes that relate to those 3 ideas/feelings, then the title is fine.

Jeez....
    My bloodtype is KRYLON - Technicolor Type-A

What's a 'Grey Daze'?
    I don't think the track listing is that bad, with the exception of 'Lies Greed Misery' and 'Tinfoil'... scanning through it, those were the two that made me think 'WTF'. Not sure what they were thinking there, but I'll save judgement until I hear the music, haha. Loving the name Castle of Glass, although I do think ATS had more creative song names.

Even more pumped for the album now, it's gonna be a long two months

I don't understand why people give a shit about album/song titles?

I've been a Linkin Park fan for 10+ years (like a lot of you), and never have I been so ignorant to judge an album/song by its title. Jezuz.

Not A Born Leader, I'm A Tough Act To Follow...

DISCLAIMER: Most of my posts are meant to be sarcastic.

Ntr/Mssion
    Quote Originally Posted by LPChris View Post

I've been a Linkin Park fan for 10+ years (like a lot of you), and never have I been so ignorant to judge an album/song by its title. Jezuz.
    Haha I agree, I just looked at the track listing and thought "Ok cool"...

Quote Originally Posted by LPChris View Post

A title is important because it defines the root of your sound, it has to wrap and embrace the theme, to give a direction not only to us, but to the artist himself. A song can take weeks to be completed and to give a shit title to represent it just feels as a waste, undeserved and ruins a procentage of the song itself even before it is released. Even if the procentage is minor, but the title has the ability to hype the musician himself and make him appreciate his own work, the cherry on top of the cake.
    Watch Tool's albums. They do 5 years cycles from one album to the other, but lyrics AND titles are ALWAYS incredible, transcendental as their songs are. There is no chance one of their songs can be called "Misery in Greed" or stuff like that. A title should create appeal and expectation.

I'm talking as musician here, not as fan. Sorry if I made it long. But I'm one of the believers that music takes a little piece of your soul with every new track you complete, and it must be the most perfect possible, in everything you choose to do with it.

Thread Information