"BURN IT DOWN" Released In Full On Linkin Park's Official Site | Available on iTunes

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LPSerbia

LPSerbia Active Member

Have to take my word back... they stopped writing "personal" songs after MtM. ;)

2. evlab12

evlab12 Heh...

oh wow...
    oh wow...
    oh wow...

love the rap and the last minute of the song is amazing...
    after many listens... still.. oh wow...

and LOVE the Living Things album cover!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  3. Kameiko

Kameiko Ketchup Face

I really love this!!!

Mike's rap part "I played solider, you played king. And struck me down when I kissed that ring." is my favorite lines 8). But really the whole thing is great. It's been on repeat for the past three hours lol.

Really I just love it all, and the melody is great.

4. starchild

starchild Well-Known Member

I don't know if you guys can notice it, but I really love the background vocals of Mike in the 2nd verse.

5. milkshake227

milkshake227 Well-Known Member

didn't notice until now but awesome!

6. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Safe

7. EsauL.09

EsauL.09 Active Member

what about the music video ? when is is suppose to see light ? :)

8. Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

I agree. The last time it seemed he actually pushed his voice was for MTM. ATS vocals at times seemed a little lazy. This i hope is an indication of more to come.

I hope there is a really long 7min + rock ballad in this album. A really dark rock ballad something akin to black from Pearl Jam, with an electric twist.

9. Kameiko

Kameiko Ketchup Face

Don't know yet.

10. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

The song is like a 4-minute "I put my trust in you/Pushed as far as I can go" segment.

11. Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

its damn good..and the best part is..its enegetic..makes you kinda get out of your chair and jump and sing..

lyrically- not so good, pretty much predictable,something mike and chester cud write easily...not impressed as such..

the end rap along with chester ..i didnt like it...the little bridge rap cameo is gud..but the end..na...the catalyst is bettter by quite a margin IMO ...

12. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Partially agree, but It's hard to top this with The Catalyst since TC has grown on me a hundred times over these 2 years, give BID some time I would say.

13. hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

I... really enjoyed the song. I went into it feeling very skeptical, but a smile lit my face during the transition between the first verse and the chorus. I really like the electronic blips going on in the background during the second verse, it made the song feel a little less predictable. The same goes for the backing vocals during the second verse. I didn't get the whole "call and response" thing, sure, it technically was, but it wasn't exactly the bridge of "By Myself" or "Figure.09." That's not necessarily a bad thing, that's just what I thought of when I heard that "call and response" comment last week.

My complaints about the beat a couple days ago are kind of void now. The beat sounds great with headphones and I'm sure Rob will do this justice (and more) live. I think this song will actually sound better live than it does here. Loved the layering of the guitars/synths in the chorus... Lyrics were better than I anticipated in the verses... Mike's delivery was great...

All in all, better lead single than "What I've Done," but after "The Catalyst," leaves a little something else to be desired. Eagerly waiting for the whole album. I am going to avoid the rest of the songs off of "Living Things" until June 26th 2012.

Also like to say, congratulations and well done to LP. They said they were going to start releasing albums faster and true to their word, here's another, less than two years after A Thousand Suns. Not a lot of bands stay true to their word. And from BID, it doesn't seem like the quality was sacrificed with a faster turnaround between albums.

14. Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

Well said.. and to the point..

15. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

This. Wonder why nobody mentioned this before the #144th post. They sound sick, should have been developed even more to a longer phase.

16. Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

I think the song is pretty cool, loving Chesters vocals. I don't see what people mean about Mike going back to his old/usual rapping voice, he sounds like he did in ATS.

17. Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

i hated catalyst initially but later its one of my most fav LP songs..i hope the reverse doesnt happen with BID....

drums/??rob you sleeping???

18. Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

I think Mike sounds more natural these days. HT era seemed like he was really trying to fit the whole emcee niche. What i like about the style he uses in this song is he raps with authority. I found a lot of his older verses were easily forgettable mainly because of how much Chester overshadowed Mike's verses.

19. hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

I really like that Mike does not cover parts of his verses with effects nowadays. Going back and listening to HT and Meteora, this really bothers me. Especially on songs like In The End, With You, and Faint.

I'm really hoping Mike has a presence on all of the songs this album, whether it be singing/backing vocals/rapping.

20. wilson_r

wilson_r Member

It's definitely better than the snippet and overall it's a pretty good song but LP have always struggled picking a lead single that absolutely kicks you in the nuts and grabs your attention!! I do like it though - can definitely tell structure-wise it's a return to pre-MTM with verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge etc. and then with Chester and Mike alternating in the last section. It's a definite grower - but I prefer this on first listen than I did the Catalyst and I ended up think ATS as an album on a whole was brilliant! Excited to see how the other songs turn out - especially as Mike said the songs were well-described in the SPIN article which made them sound unreal! A little guitar here and there wouldn't go amiss though! Lyrics-wise I do find it a bit weak - more like some of MTM and before but hopefully this will be catered for in other songs on the album. The drum breakdown at the end is great and MAYBE when they play it live it may be extended a bit which would be awesome! Album cover is pretty cool as well - most interesting since Meteora, potentially even Reanimation! Think it's supposed to depict a shedding of skin/layer/armour whatever you want to call it to show they're no longer afraid of their previous sound influencing their new sound and being the band they want to be. No doubt someone already said words to this effect but I could not be arsed reading through 11 pages :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.