Mike Shinoda Confirms "LIVING THINGS" as Album Title + Talks Linkin Park Progress

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

In a blog post from Mike Shinoda today, he finally confirmed the hugely speculative title for Linkin Park's fifth studio album as "LIVING THINGS". He also spoke a little about the progress of the band and how they approached new record. Read some excerpts and check out the full blog at the link below:

"Monday is almost here.

Early Monday morning, our new single BURN IT DOWN will be released. The LIVING THINGS album pre-sale will begin. You’ll see the album cover, the track listing, and hear about some new tour plans. My bandmates and I are very excited for this week.

In the early part of our career, we were inexperienced. We made decisions on all fronts that some of us regret (some times a little, some times a lot). And some decisions (like my fire-engine red hair back in the day) were things that I don’t really regret, but I simply wouldn’t do today. All those things spun together to create a complicated uneasiness about the past that the band wasn’t able to come to terms with for a while.

Luckily, I wasn’t the only one who felt that way. Over the course of the last year, the subject kept popping up, and we talked about how to tastefully bridge the gap between all the musical places we’ve been, to marry together all the ideas we’ve accumulated about how to make a song. And as LIVING THINGS began taking shape, the most powerful shift I saw take place was the acceptance and eagerness to use all the tools in the toolbox, not just some. Everything at once, together.

Some people have already compared our new album to the early ones. I suppose it depends on how you want to make that comparison (by the way, it’s certainly not about guitars). For me, it’s all about getting back to the real “hybrid theory” — not the album with that name, but the idea that the six guys in our band have drastically different tastes in music, and the blending of all those sounds into one is exactly what we built our band upon.

///

The single BURN IT DOWN and the album LIVING THINGS will be available tomorrow."

Read the Full Blog Post on MikeShinoda.com

"LIVING THINGS" was first determined as a possible album title after LPA members ciphered hidden code in the BURN IT DOWN Puzzle to reveal the phrase last week, it was then reaffirmed in a Tweet from Mike Shinoda and since then it has been heavily speculated in the Linkin Park community until the official confirmation today.

Get ready for tomorrow because it's going to be a crazy day for news. Keep checking back at LPAssociation for all the latest news and updates.

What do you think of the album title "LIVING THINGS"? Let us know on the LPA Forums!

Source: Mike Shinoda

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

TRACKLIST AND COVER, FUCK YEAH

mrtheory

mrtheory Active Member

"The single BURN IT DOWN and the album LIVING THINGS will be available tomorrow."

Wait the album comes tomm????

FoxxPS

FoxxPS Human centipede, budget cut.

I like it, despite what others may say about it. I think it encompasses all of the things they've done before into one

Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

:)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Well there goes our hopes of getting the tracklist first. Shinoda's gonna beat us to that. Thanks Shinoda :lol:.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Shit is getting hectic, fast.

AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Fucking awesome! I'm so pumpedddddddddddd!!!!!!!

Gust

Gust En Proceso

At least! By what Mike said yesterday I thought Living Things could be part of the album's name, but now it's clearly confirmed that it is the name of it.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

alexbism

alexbism Well-Known Member

I think he means the pre-sale :) .

Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

Just pre-sale I think.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

He also said "the album LIVING THINGS will be available tomorrow." Whether that means just a pre-order for physical copies or an actual download will be available tomorrow, I do not know. :lol:

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Thanks Joe ;). Love you too.

Sterba

Sterba Member

Just bad wording. He definitely meant pre-sale comes tomorrow, as he stated earlier in the post.

I enjoyed the read. Looking forward to tomorrow, and getting my hands on the album in June.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

If the new album hypothetically is released tomorrow, then that would be the single most epic surprise in the history of mankind.

_Depression

_Depression Well-Known Member

I don't like the album title on its own. It just doesn't hold any weight. Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Minutes to Midnight, A Thousand Suns, they all indicated some deeper meaning to the words, where Living Things just sounds straightforward. But considering the direction that LP has been taking, and the way their music has evolved, I can't help but wonder if there _is_ some deeper meaning to Living Things, something that we'll be let in on as we hear the music on the new album.

Either way, it's not the title I was hoping for, but if the music is good I'll be happy.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

By the way, we pretty much knew Living Things was the album title by the time the puzzle was finished...but we were in no hurry to beat Shinoda/LP to the official announcement like some other sites. This album is important to the band and we wanted to respect this. Judging by Mike's blog post this is one of the most important albums for them personally. I cant wait to hear it.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

You know, after reading that, Linkin Park actually would have been a decent album name for this record. But with that said I'm sure Living Things will make sense soon enough. My excitement for this album just sky rocketed.

big_bad_lukas

big_bad_lukas Well-Known Member

Amazing! I cant wait to see the album cover hear the new single etc etc. exciting as hell!!!!

RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

So, Living Things, huh? It's not bad.. I guess it may grow on me.. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.