Mike Shinoda Confirms "LIVING THINGS" as Album Title + Talks Linkin Park Progress

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

Loads of people already asked him if it was, but no response. Why wouldn't he correct it to stop causing confusion.

2. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

^^^ LOLOLOLOL!

Well tbh I don't mind it but I don't agree with your statement. Of course the album title of an album MATTERS. Thats stupid saying that it doesn't matter.

3. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Perhaps because there's an official announcement coming tomorrow?

Sometimes taking a step back and letting the masses debate is the best form of viral marketing. ;)

4. Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

Almost most feels like I'm reading comments direct from a Youtube video :O

5. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Ooooohhh shit...

I'm already picturing it. I'm in my car driving, my iPod connected to the car stereo. I turn on the iPod. "Artists"...scroll down..."Linkin Park"...keep scrolling, pass Hybrid Theory, and click on "Living Things". What's that? There's already a song in that album. Click "Burn It Down" and let the fucking rock commence.

Tomorrow will be one of the best days of the year so far.

6. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

I like how some people are getting butt hurt because other people dont like the album title. Its like they have to like and worship everything the band does. I despise the Burning In The Skies video, so what?

7. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Joe's tweet... Living things-what?
    Is this one last troll?......

8. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I forgot a whole bunch of people were advocating self-titled. They are bad and they should feel bad.

This album title is so much better than self-titled. Pretty much anything is better than self-titled.

9. SKaRR*oKi

SKaRR*oKi Everything.Falls.Apart

its just twitter thats messing with my head right now :p otherwise i'd just deal with it and accept it as a name

Monday News: Burn It Down, Release Dates, The Album, and a Toolbox.
    Burn It Down. Tomorrow. Watch out! Living things-what?

is all i've seen on twitter, and that is what is making me doubt it, along with mikes well-known ability to troll. i refuse to believe it is the name no matter what people say :p sorry if this is annoying all you guys, i wont make another comment on this thread, promise :)

10. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

It's fun kinda how he wrote the whole novel so heartfelt and then, there is this little last sentence right at the end, the very last one with an italic effect and expressing eventually with such an ambiguous way "and the album will be avaiable tomorrow".
    As far as you can already order Diablo 3 for the 15th of May it doesn't make it avaiable for me today...

And about Living Things, even if I really don't like still the word "Things" to be used at all, I guess it explains what Mike wrote, about moving on and improving, going through evolutions that "life" gives you through "things" in general, whichever might be destiny, people, fate or simply a choice of yourself.

11. Eliot227

Eliot227 Well-Known Member

Here's a thought: maybe the album cover and, in some crazy, alternate universe, the MUSIC will make us all forget about the album cover, regardless of opinion.

I can't say I think "Wow, A Thousand Suns is such a great album name" every time I pretend to scream my head off while listening to Blackout. I just enjoy the music. Since that's all we have at the moment, I can understand the uproar, but there's lots more to come. Let's wait and see.

Speaking of which, who's listening to ATS over and over again tonight in preparation? *raises hand*

12. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Exactly. You don't have to love everything just because you're a fan. You think people who grew up listening to The Beatles liked everything the band put out? Not at all.

13. DRGL

DRGL Member

They really should have named the album "Mmm...Cookies Sweet Hamster Like Jewels From America!" to make the haters learn they can do whatever they want with their own music and still sound good :)

"Living Things" after reading and hearing everything chester and mike have said seems to have a WHOLE lot of meaning to it and im sure the songs will give it even more meaning.

14. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Why?

15. Kmid24

Kmid24 Well-Known Member

It's a little ironic how Burn it Down is coming out tomorrow when tommorrow is supposed the hottest day of the year so far here in CT

16. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Clearly you're not a big enough fan - I'll be listening to EVERYTHING Linkin Park related. :trollface:

17. Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

Just a thought for the people that don't believe the album title...

If you people want to pre-order the new album of Linkin Park tomorrow and all you see in the list is an album called "LIVING THINGS", will you guys be sure enough to transfer that money for an album that in your opinion doesn't exist? :D

18. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Same in PA. Almost 90 degrees, when we've been used to 60.

LINKIN PARK ARE GONNA CAUSE GLOBAL WARMING UP IN THIS BITCH. :WTF: #BURNITDOWN

19. Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

wow, this is very exciting news!! tomorrow is gonna be BIG, all the News that are gonna pop in will (hopefully) make my head explode in joy ;) I really like the Album Name "Living Thins". It sticks with you, and the more i say or read it, the better it gets.

20. TrantaLocked

TrantaLocked Active Member

Haha, certainly not about guitars. At least he admits it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.