Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Makin' you all say "woah" StaticOnTheWay's Avatar
    IMO High Road is one of the better written songs on Rising Tied
    Picking up the pieces, now where to begin, the hardest part ofending is starting again...

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Black View Post
    Mike's best lyrics in fort minor was Where'd you go hands down.
    Just read thread and I agree. Where'd you Go had best lyrics easily in my opinion. For a long time, it was one my favorite songs of all time. Everything about it is Amazing
    2013 Concerts:
    February 8th- VoxNora, Atlas Genius, and Imagine Dragons. (Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ)
    April 18th- The Postal Service. (Comerica Theatre, Phoenix, AZ)
    June 6th- Hillsong United. (ShoWare Center, Kent, WA)
    September 7th- Chivalry is Dead, Always Right, Monhagans Dixon, Straight Til Morning, Visions of the Martyr, To Each His Own, and Romance Mechanics. (Pub Rock, Scottsdale, AZ)
    December 3rd- Get Dead, Masked Intruder, Anti-Flag, and Less Than Jake. (The Nile, Mesa, AZ)

2014 Concerts:
    February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega. (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    August 31st- Ed Sheeran (Jobbing.com Arena, Glendale, AZ)
    September 5th- Blake Shelton, The Band Perry, Dan+Shay, and Neal McCoy (Ak-Chin Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ)
    September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    October 13th- Empire! Empire!, Free Throw, Cave Sounds and Glencove. (The Underground, Mesa, AZ)
    November 26th- Modern Baseball, Knuckle Puck, Crying, Somos, Sundressed (Club Red, Mesa, AZ)
    Formerly known as Bliss / Dementia

Right Now is the best song on the album imo, in terms of everything starting from lyrics, beat, concept and emotional appeal. Black Thought whipped out a cracking verse for that!
    Formerly known as Agent O

Quote Originally Posted by StaticOnTheWay View Post
    IMO High Road is one of the better written songs on Rising Tied
    This.

No, Kenji was not poorly written. It's incredibly difficult to write a rap based on chronological events and stories, especially when the entire rap has to revolve around an uncommon theme (internment camps).

It's an excellent song.

As for my favorite Fort Minor song, that has to be "Be Somebody" feat. Lupe Fiasco. I FREAKIN LOVE THAT SONG!

Not A Born Leader, I'm A Tough Act To Follow...

DISCLAIMER: Most of my posts are meant to be sarcastic.

It's Like I'm Paranoid... Babali's Avatar
    I like all the unique and interesting phrasing, I don't find any of it awkward or poorly written.

Also, I agree that High Road and Be Somebody are two of the better songs. Although I think John Legend and Lupe Fiasco lend a lot to that. Where'd You Go, Believe Me, Remember The Time and Petrified are more pop oriented tracks. I enjoy almost all the songs for different reasons, it's a lot easier to pick out my least favorite which is Cigarettes.
    Ooo-wop.

Quote Originally Posted by Babali View Post
    I like all the unique and interesting phrasing, I don't find any of it awkward or poorly written.

Also, I agree that High Road and Be Somebody are two of the better songs. Although I think John Legend and Lupe Fiasco lend a lot to that. Where'd You Go, Believe Me, Remember The Time and Petrified are more pop oriented tracks. I enjoy almost all the songs for different reasons, it's a lot easier to pick out my least favorite which is Cigarettes.
    Cigarettes is awesome in my opinion.

Steve Perry, you gotta get the fuck out of here Pidgeon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Babali View Post

No way dude, cigarettes is a masterpiece compared to kenji. The writing is so much better.

I hate when I listen to Kenji, and I think of a better rhyme than the one used in the song...

Banned
    Well not every song on an album will be a masterpiece. I thought it was OKAY.

Then again, a good song with a war-ish tone is Hands Held High.... Even though it's an LP song, and not just a Mike song. :p
    Last edited by rundown228; 07-13-2012 at 01:23 AM.

Thread Information