View Poll Results: Is this method useful?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is!

8 72.73%
  • Nope, not really!

3 27.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Logic way to solve Burn It Down puzzle without cheating

Hello guys! Zoe from LPU here I'm sure there are some of you would want to solve the puzzle without cheating, whether as practice or fun or whatever I have come up with a logical way in doing the puzzle. This method can be used for ANY square/rectangular puzzle from 1 by 1 to 100 by 200

Firstly, we'll use an example piece where * is the blank piece:

G L R S T
    C B Q F J
    K A D E M
    H N I * O

Step 1: solve the 1st row and 1st column, you need not care about messing up other pieces that's outside of the 1st row and 1st column, even if they are matching or whatever, you will get it eventually.

A B C D E
    F O Q S J
    K G L H M
    P N I R *

Step 2: Then you're left with a smaller grid and now you work the 2nd row 2nd coloumn WITHOUT touching the ones that you worked before. Keep in mind that you DON'T have to touch the ones that you worked in the 1st step because your border of grids have become smaller!

A B C D E
    F G H I J
    K L N R S
    P Q M O *

Step 3: A smaller grid again and it should be easy now.

A B C D E
    F G H I J
    K L M N O
    P Q R S *

Few things to note: The blank piece will always be at the corners but when you are solving it, you don't always have to make sure it's in the corners, just make sure you get your pieces in the columns and row right This method works for any puzzle.

Have fun not cheating!

Thank you for putting these up. Everyone had been asking to use the fast cheat while no one had yet posted actual puzzle solutions. You're the first that has done so.

These instructions look really obvious after you know what they are. Of course, they weren't obvious when you're figuring it out by yourself. Now I feel like a goof for not trying that pattern earlier (That is what "in hindsight" means, guys). Kudos for pointing them out.
    Last edited by Vriska; 04-07-2012 at 07:00 PM.
    In the land of TH3 bliind, the one eyed troll is Queen ♏ ⊙◡⊛
    The LPA has a wiki

Why do I not like the feel of your post? Whatever.

I posted this on the LPU first before I posted it here.

Jack
    I have the whole thing done, apart from 2 pieces in the corner, I used your method though and I've got a lot further than I have before, thanks!

Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. minuteforce's Avatar
    And what's the magic method for figuring out how to solve the first row and the first column?

Hold onto what is there ... and count the saints

Quote Originally Posted by JackF1992 View Post
    I have the whole thing done, apart from 2 pieces in the corner, I used your method though and I've got a lot further than I have before, thanks!
    No problem, I'm glad it helped you!

Quote Originally Posted by minuteforce View Post
    And what's the magic method for figuring out how to solve the first row and the first column?
    I did this because pictures of the completed puzzles are posted and that should help you. Use those pictures as a reference to get the first row and first column then just continue with the steps. That is if you don't want to keep refering to the picture for the other parts, even if you do, just solve it systematically by using these steps

Waiting for the OTHER end to come The Joesen One's Avatar
    Wow, this actually worked for me!

Thanks Zoe! And welcome to the LPA!

FORMERLY KNOWN AS PHILSFAN

Quote Originally Posted by LPphilsfan15 View Post
    Wow, this actually worked for me!

Thanks Zoe! And welcome to the LPA!
    No problem! And thanks for the welcome!!

I came here because I saw that some of you have a problem with the re-vamped cheating method so I guess, using this systematic method would be faster for non-techy Linkin Park users

because the internet
    Are you saying that going through the source code of a website, identifying specific elements and then working with what you've gathered in order to quick pass a puzzle which simply requires the pressing of the left mouse button and the will to sit at a computer screen mindlessly pressing said button for over a quarter of an hour isn't logical? Ugh.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoeLinkingal View Post
    Why do I not like the feel of your post? Whatever.

I posted this on the LPU first before I posted it here.
    Thanks for your help, just ignore it..

LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Vriska, your post came off unnecessarily snippy and unappreciative. If that wasn't your intention, I really suggest you re-read your posts and check your tone in the future.

Thanks for posting this Zoe. We appreciate it!
    The LPA is self funded. We support our hosting costs out of pocket and through ads, and although we do not expect our users to donate...any monetary contribution helps.
    To donate towards hosting costs and help support the site, please click on the Donate button below.

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

Comin' at you from every side!!!! Arjun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoeLinkingal View Post
    Hello guys! Zoe from LPU here I'm sure there are some of you would want to solve the puzzle without cheating, whether as practice or fun or whatever I have come up with a logical way in doing the puzzle. This method can be used for ANY square/rectangular puzzle from 1 by 1 to 100 by 200

Firstly, we'll use an example piece where * is the blank piece:

G L R S T
    C B Q F J
    K A D E M
    H N I * O

Step 1: solve the 1st row and 1st column, you need not care about messing up other pieces that's outside of the 1st row and 1st column, even if they are matching or whatever, you will get it eventually.

A B C D E
    F O Q S J
    K G L H M
    P N I R *

Step 2: Then you're left with a smaller grid and now you work the 2nd row 2nd coloumn WITHOUT touching the ones that you worked before. Keep in mind that you DON'T have to touch the ones that you worked in the 1st step because your border of grids have become smaller!

A B C D E
    F G H I J
    K L N R S
    P Q M O *

Step 3: A smaller grid again and it should be easy now.

A B C D E
    F G H I J
    K L M N O
    P Q R S *

Few things to note: The blank piece will always be at the corners but when you are solving it, you don't always have to make sure it's in the corners, just make sure you get your pieces in the columns and row right This method works for any puzzle.

Have fun not cheating!
    love your enthusiasm and loyalty towards the game you are awarded this :

Quote Originally Posted by Promofrog View Post
    Thanks for your help, just ignore it..
    You're welcome I care more about people who are appreciative!
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek The Infamous View Post
    Vriska, your post came off unnecessarily snippy and unappreciative. If that wasn't your intention, I really suggest you re-read your posts and check your tone in the future.

Thank you too!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    love your enthusiasm and loyalty towards the game you are awarded this :
    Truth be told, I love potatoes! They're one of my favourite foods

Btw guys, the 5th puzzle is a b*tch, it's really hard, using a reference picture for guide is a must this time!

Proud Venezuelan LP fan. With adorable feet. Andreina's Avatar
    Great post Zoe. I would've like to do one myself but my solving method is just way too random, lol.. It does have it's logic though, "the ED logic"

Quote Originally Posted by Derek The Infamous View Post

>

Or stop reading malice in posts that isn't there. Already one other person got attacked for putting an innocent question mark after helping someone. It is difficult to write tone on the internet and the reader is supposed to assume mistake before malice. I don't want that to become some regular LPA habit.

Maybe I got too used to talking to people of high education level who know what hindsight bias is, and it was 2 in the morning, but I was saying thanks and kudos. How do you get that from thanks and kudos.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vriska View Post
    >
    Maybe I got too used to talking to people of high education level who know what hindsight bias is
    Name:  freddo29107_narrowweb__300x320,0.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  18.7 KB

This is a hug of forgiveness.
    Last edited by Promofrog; 04-07-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Don't Stop Running
    Quote Originally Posted by Vriska View Post
    >

Or stop reading malice in posts that isn't there. Already one other person got attacked for putting an innocent question mark after helping someone. It is difficult to write tone on the internet and the reader is supposed to assume mistake before malice. I don't want that to become some regular LPA habit.

Maybe I got too used to talking to people of high education level who know what hindsight bias is, and it was 2 in the morning, but I was saying thanks and kudos. How do you get that from thanks and kudos.
    So from what I gather in this post... we're dumb? You're right. No malice at all evident.

Can we please try and not veer this thread into something negative. Let's try and stay on topic.

...and for the record, I personally saw no negativity or malice in your original post, Vriska. It was fine.

LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    I'll also apologize for being partially responsible for veering the thread off topic. I read your post Vriska, saw Zoe's response and took it in a similar way to what she did. I understand your intentions weren't to come off that way and in hindsight I took it the wrong way. My apologies.

So anyways... about those white spaces, AMIRITE?

Thread Information