Page 91 of 394 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 7876
    I personally love the "Burn It Down" single cover artwork. It's some of the most interesting art Linkin Park have had for any cover IMO. Can't wait to see how the artwork surrounding the new album will look.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I personally love the "Burn It Down" single cover artwork. It's some of the most interesting art Linkin Park have had for any cover IMO. Can't wait to see how the artwork surrounding the new album will look.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by the cool kid View Post
    its definatley different in linkin park form, but the way mike was talking, if he was talking bout the single art too, it just doesnt seem so "mind blowing", but i get what your saying too, and i think its pretty awesome looking
    Right, but everyone keeps acting like he just said it's going to be "mind blowing". If you read everything else around it, it makes more sense.

"...there is a tech aspect to the actual art of the album that is very cutting edge and to me it’s mind blowing. This is stuff that without giving it away at this point, I know I have not ever seen this done anywhere and maybe it’s too subtle for most people to get. The average person is not going to be able to look at it and go, I understand that that’s completely new, like not just the image but the way they made the image is totally new. "
    Last edited by NateH.89; 04-08-2012 at 07:54 AM.

So the bottom row was awful on the 8th piece, that white part could have been anywhere I tried 2 places before finally getting it in the correct spot! sigh got it in the end, didn't take that long either, I'm getting good at this

Glad it wasn't the all-striped piece I'm so tired I don't think I could handle the all-stripe piece xD well until later today, 9th piece! Goodnight.
    Twitter: @lpfmfan
    02/29/08 - Oklahoma City, OK [Minutes to Midnight World Tour] 05/17/08 - Dallas, TX - Met Chester Bennington
    08/24/08 The Woodlands, TX [Projekt Revolution 2008] +M&G 09/14/10 New York City, NY [A Thousand Suns Release Concert]
    03/02/11 Dallas, TX [A Thousand Suns World Tour] 03/03/11 Houston, TX [A Thousand Suns World Tour]
    06/04/11 Irvine, CA [KROQ Weenie Roast 2011] +M&G 03/12/12 - Austin, TX - Met Mike Shinoda
    08/15/12 - Wantagh, NY [Honda Civic Tour 2012] 08/17/12 - Camden, NJ [Honda Civic Tour 2012 + 6th LPU Summit]
    08/27/12 - Dallas, TX [Honda Civic Tour 2012] 08/28/12 - The Woodlands, TX [Honda Civic Tour 2012]

Fuck at least linkin park has album artwork. Most bands dont even have artwork, all they have are pictures of the band, which is boring as hell.

It's Like I'm Paranoid... tripleh3lix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thor View Post
    Fuck at least linkin park has album artwork. Most bands dont even have artwork, all they have are pictures of the band, which is boring as hell.
    Hmm... I am tired of these Japanese mind games. I want my fucking clips, NOW! This is probably so hilarious to Mike.

It's Like I'm Paranoid... rusa162's Avatar
    i have missed pieces 6 and 7, is there any possibility to solve them?
    Linkin Park Estonia

Quote Originally Posted by NateH.89 View Post
    Right, but everyone keeps acting like he just said it's going to be "mind blowing". If you read everything else around it, it makes more sense.

"...there is a tech aspect to the actual art of the album that is very cutting edge and to me it’s mind blowing. This is stuff that without giving it away at this point, I know I have not ever seen this done anywhere and maybe it’s too subtle for most people to get. The average person is not going to be able to look at it and go, I understand that that’s completely new, like not just the image but the way they made the image is totally new. "
    i totally forgot that, yea i remember him saying that too. now im curious as to how this got made, and more importantly the album art

Quote Originally Posted by NateH.89 View Post
    Right, but everyone keeps saying that he just said it's going to be "mind blowing". If you read everything else around it, it makes more sense.

Exactly.

You have to to remember that Mike said that the creation process was something new. Sure, the results could probably be re-created using other methods and software, but they probably did it from a more organic source to begin with. Truth is, we don't know as this is the only art we've seen from this cycle and it's only a tiny percentage of the body of work there will be for the new album. Although this may not be visually interesting to some, I'm sure there's more to come and just because it's not a complicated image aestheticly doesn't mean the way it was created wasn't complicated. There's also the fact that what is considered "mind blowing" for Mike may not be for others, but that just comes down to personal taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Exactly.

You have to to remember that Mike said that the creation process was something new. Sure, the results could probably be re-created using other methods and software, but they probably did it from a more organic source to begin with. Truth is, we don't know as this is the only art we've seen from this cycle and it's only a tiny percentage of the body of work there will be for the new album. Although this may not be visually interesting to some, I'm sure there's more to come and just because it's not a complicated image aestheticly doesn't mean the way it was created wasn't complicated. There's also the fact that what is considered "mind blowing" for Mike may not be for others, but that just comes down to personal taste.
    agree

i love linkin park even more cause they go above and beyond when it comes to stuff like this, like the fan experience, the art work, their a great unique band, and i hope they dont stop

What's a 'Grey Daze'?
    Okay so 2 quadrants were released while I was sleeping -.-

Ive solved the 8th, but is there anyway to go back and be able to solve the 7th?

this is going back a bit, but it almost looks as if the white "hole" in the center of the chest is sort of an explosiany type thing, from that point all the lines begin, and then fan out to sort of form their own sort of pattern, the bits of flame etc, are just coming of it sort of in rings, it reminds me of what an explosion would look like from a birds eye view, minus all the smoke etc, which, is actually kind of similar in a weird sort of way to the ATS cover and the Catalyst cover, almost as if they put two and two together, and formed a completely new concept. or maybe they just thought it would look cool as a single cover and we are just trying to read into it too much, and trying to find something that simply isn't there.

There's no one else to blame... RazorEye's Avatar
    when's the 9th piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Clifford View Post
    this is going back a bit, but it almost looks as if the white "hole" in the center of the chest is sort of an explosiany type thing, from that point all the lines begin, and then fan out to sort of form their own sort of pattern, the bits of flame etc, are just coming of it sort of in rings, it reminds me of what an explosion would look like from a birds eye view, minus all the smoke etc, which, is actually kind of similar in a weird sort of way to the ATS cover and the Catalyst cover, almost as if they put two and two together, and formed a completely new concept. or maybe they just thought it would look cool as a single cover and we are just trying to read into it too much, and trying to find something that simply isn't there.
    Art is made to be read into.

"There is no such thing as a good painting about nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by RazorEye View Post
    when's the 9th piece?
    I think... 06:00PM GMT / 01:00PM EST / 10:00AM PST? Someone else might want to confirm.

How long till the next one comes up?

Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts Robert's Avatar
    I'm loving the cover so far!
    Last edited by Robert; 04-08-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Oh yeah.. We've got the bottom part which it has the name BURN IT DOWN....its the single cover after all... Puzzle #9 ? What time if GMT+8?

YAY I missed the 7th piece!

10:00 AM in California, United States on the 8th.
    12:00 PM in Chicago, Illinois on the 8th.
    01:00 PM in New York, United States on the 8th.
    06:00 PM in London, United Kingdom on the 8th.
    01:00 AM in Manila, Philippines on the 9th.
    03:00 AM in Melbourne, Australia on the 9th.
    Last edited by hawk.; 04-08-2012 at 09:04 AM.
    yawk yawk

Thread Information