LPA Monthly-Mix Up April: The Raid Remixes/Mashups

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

in mainz or do you mean germany? xD

EDIT
    i love your track :D

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
    LizziCloverman

LizziCloverman The one that ruins any sausageparty

mainz lol

thank you !

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Extremely good track!
    I want to listen to more!

LizziCloverman

Sorry! Didn't see your post.
    Thank you!! :)

Lizzi's entry gave me goosebumps. I've never seen such an impressive mashup. This is under one of my favourite entries ever.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

My entry:

[video=youtube;3khRu6w5xho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3khRu6w5xho&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I went with a narrative this time since we had to remix stuff from the soundtrack of The Raid (it was like the perfect oppurtunity).

The story takes place in a time where laws aren't as kind as they are now. When you break a law, you're sentenced to death. The people with power come across a video of Linkin Park, where Chester Bennington covers 'I Think We're Alone Now' when playing 'The Messenger' on his guitar. After that, Joe says that you can pretty much cover every song with the chord progression of 'The Messenger'. Chester then says that song is everything, it's all songs. This however breaks the copyright law, one song cannot be all songs. Therefore, Chester is abducted and what follows... Well.. who knows.

Obviously, this story is very absurd (to say the least). But to me, things like copyright laws tend to be absurd as well. Videos get taken off of Youtube because they supposedly break the copyright law. There are a lot of laws that just don't make sense to me, which is why I made the laws in my remix that extreme. You can call it a satire on some of today's laws.

I hope this experiment turned out well. I hope you guys enjoy it!

I also wanna say thanks to m_macdonald, he's been very supportive along the way. I told him about what I was planning to do, he gave me feedback and things like that so the least I can do is say this: thanks mate! :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
    travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

That was really awesome. Cool idea.

I haven't listened to any of the scoring yet, and that stuff sounded incredible. I have to check it out.

LizziCloverman

Thank you so much!!!

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Thanks man, glad you liked it!

Every entry so far has been very good, I like how they all have this distinctive feeling. I'm looking forward hearing more entries, I think a lot of people are holding back until the very end of April.

DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

Vandal

Vandal Member

Obviously im much to late reading this, however ill attempt to make one.
    But if i get it right, i can just remix the original track the way i want in any style or does it have to be a mashup?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You can make a completely new instrumental using samples of the original tracks, remix the track or do a mashup with the track. HOWEVER it cannot be "rap vocals pasted over a Mike beat", that's lazy and we urge people to go beyond that.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

LizziCloverman

!!!!!!!!!!! thank you so so much!!!!

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Should easily be the winner. Maybe saying that doesn't mean too much, since not many people were interested in partecipating this time around (due to new LP material I suppose) but your remix is really grandious. You had good inventive in setting songs together, so different yet fitting like puzzle pieces to compose a wonderful picture. How the song variets througout three times reminds me a lot to my style, where I invite the listener not to follow a chorus repetition, if not a story conjunction which is by far more interesting for my likes.
    If you accept a little critic too, when a song sounds really that good, seek perfection and get rid of clippings such as in 1:34: it helps to mantein the flow without taking the attention away from the track for that instant specially with headphones, and in case of mash-ups (or originals too) avoids to let notice the "cut" between sections or loops.

I'd really be curious to hear some original stuff from you in future, that would be great.
    Congratulations on your first submit :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
    LizziCloverman

Thank you very much man!! and yeah i know exactly what you mean. Unfortunately i have a supercrappy program. Even when i fix it in the soundracks - as soon as i convert it into one mp3 it's there again. Not trying to find any excuses but i've spent 10€ on this program, it does what it does until i finally have a real good program :)

Again thank you very much! I do have one song of mine on my youtube channel (lizzimisery) which is called "end of the world" just so you want to listen. (not hq though lol)

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

No thanks required my friend, this is all your work, all I did was give a couple of bits of feedback. Happy to help! And I have to say, your concept is great man and even though your remix is pretty dark, it's still fun. Great entry dude, it's killer! And nice touch with the end credits... I didn't expect that, but that last bit of your remix works very nicely as music for a credit roll.

Speaking of killer, this whole month has been top notch. Not even the release of a new Linkin Park single can kill the Mix-Up community. :p I'm definitely feeling LinkinPark0394, Lizzi, and DirtyBlup's mixes at the moment, but I'll have to go back through and listen to the other entries. Much respect to all the entrants and best of luck!

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Thanks man! I'm really happy with the result, it's everything that I wanted to do with this experiment so I couldn't be more satisfied. I think the hard work paid off :)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Sadly, games like Rock Band etc are on the way out so we fear the possibility that we may run out of new acapellas to use in these MMUs. Hopefully the band officially recognizes the remix community and releases an acapella pack on iTunes or something like that in the future.

Hell, NIN did it, why not Linkin Park? ;)

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Ehm... NIN is not signed, maybe?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.