LPA Monthly Mix-Up March: Winner

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Our apologies for the delay in announcing a winner this month. With the surge of recent "5th album" news and information, and the recent wave of new members we've encountered (hello everyone!) our time has been stretched thin. Hopefully we'll be able to post this month (April's) winner a lot faster, till then...here are the winners for March:

WINNER: m_macdonald - Papercut Remix (Rap Cipher)
    CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

M_macdonald's talent in the Linkin Park fan community is simply indisputable. Coming in as a surprise unknown during our "Electro-Pop" month with his outstanding remix of "Given Up", m_macdonald has continued to make his presence known, submitting quality remixes every month and becoming a force to be reckoned with in the Linkin Park fan remix community.

March was of no exception. For this month, m_macdonald submitted not only one of the best hip-hop remixes of Linkin Park we've ever heard, but also one of the most creative. From his own words: "In creating my track, I was inspired by various hip hop tracks in which numerous rappers come together to collaborate. Examples would be: DJ Premier - Classic, Busta Rhymes - Touch It (Remix), Tinchy Stryder - Game Over, and also “cyphers”, where rappers get together to freestyle rap. I wanted to to make a track as if Linkin Park were hosting one of these rapathons. Who would I like to see on the track, and what would they rap?"

The end result is a rap masterpiece that gives tribute to the true spirit of hip-hop, and we applaud m_macdonald for a job well done.

RUNNER UP: The Prototype - High Voltage (Remix)
    CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

A frequent contender in our LPA Monthly Mix-Up contests, The Prototype continues to hone his skills and impress us month over month with his improvements and submissions to our remix contests. In his High Voltage remix, The Prototype plays tribute to the glory days of hip-hop submitting a great track that feels reminiscent of old school hip-hop, giving the Hybrid Theory EP/One Step Closer B-Side track a whole new feel, that accentuates Mike's flawless rhymes while paying homage to the real roots of hip-hop.

RUNNER UP: DirtyBlup - Wretches & Kings (DirtyBlup Remix)
    CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

Here's another great entry that thought outside of the box. Featuring Ambient synths over an almost industrial hip-hop beat, DirtyBlup's reinterpretation of Wretches & Kings gives the song an even harder feel than it's ATS counterpart, which offsets the mood of the lyrics perfectly and makes this track certainly worthy of a mention in our runners up.
    ------

While some of our very talented members were left out of the picks above, we should state that this was an extremely difficult month to judge, and that we feel every entry submitted was worthy of respect and were all potential candidates for winners. This was a great month for entries and we applaud you all, so please don't be disappointed if you didn't feature. We loved ALL of your entries!

Also, the William Shatner April post, while an April Fools joke is actually a legitimate MMU and will be going on until April 8th so please get your entries in. The true April theme is being announced tonight, and we will run both competitions simultaneously, with the true theme ending on April 30th.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Congrats guys! Really great remixes ^^

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Wow! Man, thank you LPA for the kind words. That means a lot, you have my thanks!

I’ve said something similar to this before, but LPA’s achieved something very cool with the Monthly Mix Up contests - it’s a great community and seems to grow in size and talent every month. Long may it continue.

Congratulations to The Prototype and to DirtyBlup - well deserved!

Hope to see you all again in future months.

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

m_macdonald's remix evokes some Reanimation feelings for me. Props, my man.

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Congratz to m_macdonald and DirtyBlup! The totall deserved to be here
    and i am very happy to be there too :O
    Thank you guys ;D
    Of course i will practice every day - more and more :D
    thats totally worth it :)

Congratulations to both again! :D

Nutt

Nutt Member

Great remixes, congrats !

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Holy shit m_macdonald... what you did is an "unforgettable sound" just to stay in topic. Fantastic choose of rappers, incredible rythms, additions of instruments, climax... you have a way to twist a genre into something unexpected and experimental and that is your strongest point and something I recognize myself in.
    The Live addition in the end is genious.
    You deserved it.
    Congrats to everybody else too.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
    Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Cognrats to everyone! I'm happy that I entered this month, learned so much while making my entry so also a big thank you to LPA for doing these monthly mix-up contests!

DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

thank you all and congratulations to m_macdonald and The Prototype for your remixes. Thanks LPA for your kind words! it's been a pleasure, i hope to be present in the next contests :)

roBot

roBot Well-Known Member

congratulations!!! The tracks are amazing... m_macdonald you totally deserve it. Your 8 minutes 40 seconds have totally blown my mind :D
    I also really enjoyed the prototype's old school high voltage and W&K by dirtyblup...

just had an idea:
    would it be possible for the "jury" of the mix up contests to write a short text about the pros & cons of your favorites into the comments of youtube/soundcloud?
    think it would be interesting for the remixers - especially for beginners - to know what could be made better and what can be kept...

just an idea, so... what do you think?

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Wow, thanks man! That means a lot. Hope to hear stuff from you soon (maybe some more soprano parts too!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.