Evanescence on 05/22.

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Will, May 24, 2003.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Thursday I had the pleasure of heading up to Cleveland, Ohio, for the annual Tops Great American Rib Cook Off. Admission for myself was free as I won the tickets. I received an e-mail from Roman, the Evanescence e-team coordinator, telling me about the contest (I wasn't the only one who got the e-mail though). It said that my entry had to be in by the next day at noon, so I entered, not thinking I'd win. The next day, around 4 p.m., I got an e-mail saying that I won the tickets! I was pretty excited, and begged my dad to take me. I finally confirmed the e-mail without a second to spare the next day and Roman e-mailed me on Monday telling me that the tickets were on their way and would be here by Wednesday.

My dad and I only went for the bands, so we didn't leave real early. We got there about an hour before the first band came out. Reach 454 is a great opening act and they got the crowd pumped up. The lead singer was really getting into the songs and was having a great time. I didn't like them all that much but they're decent for an opening band, and they played 4 or 5 songs. Next I was expecting The Juliana Theory to come out and play, but when I saw the 12 Stones drum I was a little mistaken. 12 Stones came out and ripped the place apart. They were great, and they played a new song called "Shadows." Altogether they played about 7 or 8 songs. Then The Juliana Theory came out and played a nice half-hour set. It was awesome. They really rocked the place, playing about 8 songs. Then it was time for Evanescence. The place was packed for them. The Amphitheater was filled to the rim, there was probably close to 10,000 people there. Not only was it the last day on tour, but according to Amy we were their biggest and best crowd so far. Evanescence played 12 songs in total, here's the setlist:

[01] Intro
    [02] Going Under
    [03] Haunted
    [04] Taking Over Me
    [05] Everybody's Fool
    [06] My Last Breath
    [07] Farther Away
    [08] Even In Death
    [09] Zero
    [10] Bring Me To Life
    [11] Tourniquet
    [12] Imaginary
    [13] Encore
    [14] Whisper

Evanescence blew the place apart. It was amazing. They are much heavier live than they are on the album and all of them really get into the show. Amy was having a ball (and she looked really hot too). At one point she stopped and said, "Oh my God, I don't know what to do! I've never seen so many people! I don't say this often but you guys are our best crowed ever!" A few songs later she stopped and said, "Wow, I guess you guys aren't just here for the corn dogs! The corn dogs are excellent by the way, give it up for the corn dogs!" It was great. The highlights for me were "Everybody's Fool," "Farther Away," "Even In Death," their cover of Smashing Pumpkins' "Zero," "Bring Me To Life" (without Paul McCoy ;)), "Tourniquet" and "Whisper." The band is WICKED live. They are so great. I wasn't able to get autographs after the show because you had to have permits because there were so many people, but it was okay. I got to see my second favorite band play live right in front of me. I can't complain. :D

I ended up leaving with an Evanescence hoodie and a 12 Stones shirt and 12 Stones album, all well-worth the 75 bucks I paid.

If you ever get the chance, see Eva live. They'll rock your ####### socks off.

goldengoaliex910

goldengoaliex910 Well-Known Member

:(

i wish i could see evanescence live... they're my favorite band right now... i would have gone to see them at the river rave, today i think, but my parents wouldnt let me go.

probably because i would have been killed, because everyone would be 10 years older than me (i'm 12)

youre so lucky. sounds like a great time.

:(

osctotheedge

osctotheedge Banned

I does not bug me that I did not see them live. I would wait until sanitarium to see some real rock music

Sludge Factory

Sludge Factory Well-Known Member

Cool, it sounds like you had a really good time. Im not really into Eva. but, they sound ok.

osctotheedge, I want to see sanitarium too. But they arent coming to my state, and I dont drive (even though im old enough).

Magick

Magick Ambient

Cool, glad you had a great time. :) Hmm, now I'm interested in what they're like live. :teehee:

LPxchicaxMKS

LPxchicaxMKS Well-Known Member

I went to Buzzfest two weekends ago..and i got to meet Evanescence...they are cool i missed them live tho because i was not soo into them then as i am into them now..i am just realizing how GOOD there music is..they are an awesome band!

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Awesome Will :) You take pictures (you better have! lol)?????

Anyone know where I can get live Evanescnece mp3s? I want to see them live soooo bad....They actually played here a few nights ago, but naturally I didn't find out until the day before the show :p

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

:eek: You are so lucky! It would be awesome to see all them bands live!! Evanescence should come to Australia... that would be really good!!

Did you get some pictures? If you did, post them!!

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

That was really rude...
    But I'll admit: it made me laugh. :lol:
    Although, keep those negative thoughts away from here. I'll give "Eva" a shot another day. I'm busy with some other bands I'm getting to like. So much music, wowie!

Will, you sound like you had a ####### blast!!! Glad you had fun, homie!! :)

Freelancer

Freelancer New Member

I know what u mean! They'll be coming to Aus sometime on July :) Sounded like u had a great time Will :)

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I know what u mean! They'll be coming to Aus sometime on July :) Sounded like u had a great time Will :) [/b][/quote]
    REALLY?!?! That is awesome! How do you know that? Just wondering... :eek: :D