Video: Mike Talks New Linkin Park Album & Addresses Kerrang! Article

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

So you infer, I am using the vocabulary to search manufactured? :dino:

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

First Chester says that they're shooting video and then Mike says that album is half year away... da faq?

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Ahhh, the pre-album threads. How I've missed thee.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I wouldn't invest much stock into Mike's uncertainty over the release date. He's just covering the band, incase an unforeseen delay happens or they take longer than anticipated to finish it. I reallly expect new music by the summertime.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Somebody should have really asked him if they actually did film that video last week. :lol:

shinformant

shinformant Banned

In all fairness they do seem to contradict each other and themselves often... it's no surprise that confusion is caused along the way. That said, I'm trepidatiously looking forward to hearing their new music.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Not sure, probably they didn't.. Remember that website which used to give information about new videos from artists being filmed, who the director was, etc? (kind of like this, think they reported about The Catalyst video shoot,) If they had shot it, probably that site or similar ones would have posted something about it.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Not if it wasn't a music video. They could've very easily been filming some promos (like they did for ATS with the random shots of members talking through static etc) for the new album to be played during the summer tour.

However if it IS a music video for the first single, it's very likely they filmed the video just to get it out of the way. They may just have finished it early so that way they can release the single/video simultaneously, kind of like what they did for What I've Done.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I think it is most likely that the band was filming the video for the new single. I wouldn't understand why Chester would decide to tease us by saying they're filming for promo videos. Seems too far of a stretch. I honestly think the band is far enough on the album to be prepping more for album art and promotional stuff now. They're most definitely done with the first single and several other songs by now and from the sounds of it, they've already begun discussing album titles and possibly song titles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.