Exclusive New Album Details: Chester Talks to Kerrang! Magazine | Full Interview

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I appreciate the optimism Derek, but come on. "Familiar territory," "big choruses," "firecracker," "embracing the old us," what is it that Mike has said that is so contradictory to what Chester said?

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Not that different if you ask me!

Mike has said :
    - the album would somehow reconnect with the past and with the "old them" (without sounding like HT)
    - that there is a refreshing energy to it
    - that the album sounds more like a rush, "firecracker" record
    - lyrics will be more personnal
    - would use digital elements (no samples!)

Chester have said:
    - the album would be more familiar than ATS ( = reconnect with the past?)
    - that there trying to keep things uptempo ( = refreshing energy?)
    - big chorus, heavier electronic elements, wall of sound (= rush, firecracker?)
    - lyrics will be more personnal
    -??

Seriously, I see a lot of similarities in what they've said ( and I like what they've said!)
    :)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
    kenob

kenob Member

Hey Guys ! I read LPA since a long time and this time I wanted to react. To be honest i don't really like your community. It's funny to see some guys like Minus who bitching about the old LP. Meteora is not a great album i agree but it's definitely better than the mainstream LP "pop". Old LP is not a simple nu-metal band it is much more than that but probably you didn't understand the real concept of their music. And i don't classify album in "old" or "new" LP, I classify the songs. For me numb is more "new LP" and When they come for me is more "old LP". You understand that i mean ? I recommend to you to re-listen (listen ?) Hybrid Theory EP. That's probably the most artistic stuff that they made in their career.

To go back to the Chester's interview, it's a great news. I can't wait for this album.

Qwerty19

This makes me laugh because at first, I also registered on LPA to protect old LP records against the hate ! ahah

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I don't care if they return to their old sound, as long as it's not the last time we hear them pushing the envelope, and as long as the reason they do so is because they want to and it inspires them and not because of fan pressure.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Yeah, but it says it will be released in Summer, which is not official at all.

Welcome. I think Meteora is like a modern Hybrid Theory which sounds great. Some think it's awful although they love other stuff from Linkin Park. So that probably wasn't necessary. People are different and they will never think the same way.

BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

Reading this gets me pumped! ATS was wayyy too boring to me. Despite the hot or miss W&K, WFTE. I need that old LP energy back! To me Chester is right, guitar in LP is just right.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Listen son. Nobody (including Minus) is bitching about "old LP"... They're bitching about Meteora. There's is a HUGE difference between Hybrid Theory and Meteora, that not everybody understands. It may seem because HT and Meteora have same elements (heavy guitars, rapping, screaming, scratching) that they are on the same level... HT was unique when it came out (and still is), lyrics are amazing, the style of rhyming on it is ridiculous (not just A-B, A-B type of rhymes like on Meteora) etc... Meteora is just an attempt to make something like HT... Songs like Don't Stay (One Step Closer) and Easier To Run (Crawling) are evident example of that. And they all deal with similar themes and are full of clishes (and not to mention that they all use the word "pain" in them)... It's not a bad album, but compared to HT, it is. I could go on and on, but...whatever.

HT EP is epic, everybody knows that.

and btw: Welcome to the LPA :)

Zenixuz

Zenixuz New Member

"This will be a lot more familiar to people than ATS was, where we were like, "Fuck it, we're just gunna go bonkers"
    Damn :(( I liked ATS. Kinda will miss that sound. But have a feeling I still like next record anyways ^^
    But I would not have mind if they kept some of the ATS sound.
    I like when LP is going 'bonkers' =P
    But who knows.. maybe that will happen some time in the future with another album again ^^

LP hurry up with the next album... I want it all And I want it now!!! ^^

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I welcome you to the site, and thank you for giving your opinions, but you have to realize that what makes us special here is that we are honest. We do not kiss the band's ass, and we freely state when we disliked a certain song or album because we feel the band trusts our website/our community as an accurate and honest gauge of how the fanbase in general is feeling. Now sure, some people take Meteora and hold it up on a pedestal, but to many of the fans that have been here for a while: the album just really wasn't all that great. It was a near carbon copy of the band's first record (with some songs following the same tempo/key/song structures as older songs) and it didn't evolve the band's sound enough to be really considered on it's own merits. The fact that some critics put down the album in 2003 for being "too similar" and too "polished" should be a sign that the album just wasn't risky enough, and was viewed to many as a safe album that didn't step out of the box or cross any new boundaries.

And that's why some fans here criticize it. I'm sorry if that makes you not like our community, but if there's one thing we're not going to do here it's sugarcoating. We're honest with the band, and we hope they appreciate our ability to tell it like it is.

hybrid.theory7

hybrid.theory7 Well-Known Member

OMG!!,guitars are back!!!,yay this is the best day of my life.

Zenixuz

Zenixuz New Member

Amen to that! I totaly agree ^^

Qwerty19

If we're going to debate on Meteora, I will just say just one thing: what would have happened if Meteora was the first album, and HT the second one? I'm almost sure some people here would say "Meteora is a masterpiece...HT is just its bad copy, what a shame! F*ck HT!!!". An album should be judged for what it is, not for what it is in regard of its predecessor. Sure you can make the link between the 2, but only judging a record on that criteria is maybe not the right thing.

Anyway, I've figured out we still don't know anything about the vocals style which will be adopted for the next record. Lot of singing? More rapping? Agressive vocals? Soft vocals? At the moment I think they havent talked about it at all.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Good things are on the way.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Amen.
    You know what Derek, I may start reading those essays of yours after this.

28thART

28thART The Hard Way

That's what im talking about !
    Also hope LP Change the logo to something more cool, back to spray pain and splatters, i get enough from the broken pixels things :( !

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I feel these quotes have been taken horribly out of context. I doubt after publicly stating they're done being nu-metal, chester saying "I hope so" in response to "is nu-metal dead", and Mike practically making a song on ATS that deals with label pressure to make another HT that they're going to revert totally to their old sound. Mike's been cautious to say it sounds nothing like Hybrid Theory, and even Dave said it wasn't "metal" in a recent chat. All the band is saying is that the sound is not as much of a curveball as ATS and that the album will feel more familiar to fans of the old Linkin Park. Doesn't mean they're de-evolving as a band it just means this album has a touch of the "old spirit". I really doubt they're going to make HT Part 3. The band isn't stupid, and they know that for the "ATS SUCKS" people, there'd be 3 times as many people criticizing them if they went back to their old sound. Relax guys, the band knows what they're doing.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I don't think it's about going "back to nu-metal" as much as it is trying to make newer stuff have a more classic, for lack of a better word, sound. There are thousands of varieties of music, they can easily pull a little bit of what worked in the past and try a different version of it without it necessarily being a nu-metal retread.

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

lolwut.jpg

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Yeah I'm thinking this one will be self-titled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.