Exclusive New Album Details: Chester Talks to Kerrang! Magazine | Full Interview

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

All our words, they make no sense.

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

A lot of the lyrics on "Midnight" were about learning to accept change and were kind of positive while perhaps still being kind of dark, which, I feel, make them more mature than songs like or "One Step Closer" or "Don't Stay".

As for this upcoming album, I think, lyrically, it will be their most mature work yet. :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  3. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I find bliss in ig-GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

4. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

OBEY.
    [​IMG]

5. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Yoga: you're doing it wrong. XD

6. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

7. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Besides What I've Done and New Divide, those songs don't sound the same. Whether or not they're "good" is another story entirely, but In Pieces and Little Things have pretty unconventional structures. You're reaching here.

8. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Great interview with a lot of interesting points.

As with most discussion involving Linkin Park, it seems "old v. new" is a common topic. With Hybrid Theory and Meteora, I look at it in a similar way to the band: those albums were great in their own ways. The band, and myself, are proud of those works and each hold a special place in my heart. I think Pidgeon84 had hit the nail right on the head with his comment in the Meteora thread:
    From each album to the next, the band changes the sound. Maybe not always as drastic as Meteora to Minutes To Midnight, but even A Thousand Suns is vastly different from anything preceding it. I was saying yesterday in the LPU chat room how, for this album, I think the band is going to make music they truly like and won't abandon any ideas that come through for the first time since Hybrid Theory. In the past decade, they have become one of the biggest bands in music with a very trademark sound, scraped that for a different approach with Minutes To Midnight proving that there is more to the band than "nu-metal," and displayed how artistic and complex their songs can be on A Thousand Suns while still breaking away from all the boundaries that the media and fans put on them. Judging by all the comments and snippets of information we've gotten from the band throughout the months, it seems they feel completely comfortable with themselves and all the elements of their songs. This time around, I don't think the band is trying to sell another diamond record or prove that they could do more than nu-metal, but rather just write and play what they want. This seems like the perfect time for them to make this album self-titled and simply call it, "Linkin Park," because like it or not, that's what they're going to give us.

9. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

10. lpfanhun

lpfanhun Banned

Congratulations! With this sentence, you made me cry and laugh at the same time.

11. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

What the hell happened in here?! Old Linkin Park Vs. New Linkin Park? And did I read someone HATES pie? Fuck... :dino:

Seriously, I'm taking what I read as just a way to excite me for an album I have no clue what it will sound like. Words can't describe what the music will sound like for me or anyone else.

12. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yes, I've noticed that too, and it's very....embarrassing. But at the end of the day, I don't mind what medias says. I just want to hear the record :)

13. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Oh, yeah, sorry - I think I made a mistake there :*

On the other hand, you could interpret it as being intentional and, thus, conclude that I'm bringing my A-game on the sarcasm front ;P

14. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Jesse's going on my ignore list until he posts a public apology. After he accepts what most of us consider fact (that pie is awesome), he's going on a 6 month probationary period. If he posts any pejoratives about pie during this period, he's dead to me.

15. lpfanhun

lpfanhun Banned

Ok everybody, we don't know how the Album will be sound like, but I'm sure it will be better than Mass Effect 3 Endings. :WTF:

16. Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

Spoiler alert. Its is "rubbish". In fact you may have found the best word to describe it yet. Simple, true and to the point.

17. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

A 6 minute song with a unique song structure and odd time signature, not to mention a soulful 1 minute guitar solo, is shitty compared to everything on HT/Meteora?

You listen to the radio alot don't you..

18. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Just because you disagree with someone or are annoyed with them joking around with you doesn't make it okay to attack them in response. Please refrain from doing that in the future.

20. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Overall, it'll come to this: (before new album) "Dude what is wrong with them? Why are they such sellouts?!?" to (after new album) "This is the best they ever did!! Why did we diss them soo much!!" Face it rugrats, they guys are growing up and finally are comfortable in their own skins.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it! *crawls back under desk*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.