Exclusive New Album Details: Chester Talks to Kerrang! Magazine | Full Interview

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

haha

2. kenob

kenob Member

I talk especially musically : The way that the lyrics are create with music are not mature for me (hope you will understand, sorry my english is not very good) And I make exactly the same thing as you. I make a caricature of the new LP like you makes a caricature of old LP (Metal is for teenage) That 's completely idiot.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  3. Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

am i the only one who didn't undestand this at all?
    im feeling that i dont know english anymore.............just kidding dude i understand what you feel thats why we these forums to tell are views but just think about what you just said carefully.

4. kenob

kenob Member

Sorry if you don' t understand me. I respect all opinions, I just wanted to defend the old LP. The debate is now closed for me.

5. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It's not completely idiotic to claim Meteora was written for teenagers, because Linkin Park band members have even admitted in the past that Meteora was a product of label and fan pressure. The band wanted to go in a different direction, but the label was pressuring them to make another Hybrid Theory...and thus Meteora was born. Don Gilmore said in the making of that he wanted the lyrics to be written for that "10 year old kid in cleveland". You can see at certain parts of the making of that writing Meteora wasn't fun for the band, especially when they reveal that Somewhere I Belong was rewritten for the 97th time (and coincidentally thats one of their most angsty songs ever made). The band never wanted to have their 2nd album be a carbon copy of their first, and the lyrics of "When They Come For Me" should make that super apparent.

It's not that we hate Meteora here or that we have a problem with nu-metal. No. What we have a problem with, is people who insist on commanding Linkin Park to go back to sounding like a record that they made 10 years ago. I understand that some people prefer that sound to what Linkin Park is doing now (and I even respect that), but expecting them to make Hybrid Theory Part 3 is not only unfair to the band but also putting undue pressure on them to give into expectations. Let the band explore their musical horizons. Linkin Park were never supposed to be "one sound" or "one sided". They have always been a multi-faceted band and that's why every album (with the exception of Meteora) has sounded different from the one before it. Linkin Park never intended to stand still, and their fans shouldn't either.

6. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'm just shaking my god damn head at this thread and how completely off fucking topic this discussion has gotten. Let's bury the whole "New/Old LP" discussion. I'm sick of seeing the dead horse getting beat. Now that I've said it, because somebody had to, let's talk about the new album. I, for one, am looking forward to the new album, even if it features a loop of Brad farting on a snare drum.

7. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Was it planned or just a coincidence?:ohno:

8. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Translation: Apparently in music, metal is considered more mature than rock in general, or anything electronic. Yes, all you fans of electronica, guess what?! Your music is now no longer mature!

Making a caricature of new LP like how some of us make fun of old LP isn't valid. Especially when you're talking 'musically'. Why? Because lyrics CAN be judged for maturity. Look at the subject matter of Meteora compared to ATS. Can music really be judged by maturity? Is Chopin more mature than Metallica? Is metal in general more mature than hip-hop? Music is music. But lyrics can easily be discerned as childish, angsty immature.

9. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

"Brad's contribution to this record was... unique. His vision... unmatched."

:p

10. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I agree with Hybrid! Stop, people, stop! Stop talking! Make another thread about this.. Meteora old/new LP stuff freaking.. stop!

11. Minus

[​IMG]

12. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

There's already another thread.

13. kenob

kenob Member

Look at Blink 182 or Avril Lavigne. People says that it's immature but they judge the music in first. If this artists written mature lyrics but KEEP their sound i don't think they will become more mature. I don't say that a style is more mature but the sound has an important role. If i go back to LP, A song like In Between is mature for me but songs like Numb, What I've Done, Leave out all the rest, Valentines Day are not...i respect people who like this songs but like i have already said that's make me angry when i read people who said that MTM is more mature than the old stuff(ht ep, ht, rea) because it's false.

NightOfNeptune : Me too I'm tired of this war between the fans. I just remember the time before MTM where the LP fans were like brothers and sisters. I Hope the new album will be gather us all.

14. DaveCNewton

DaveCNewton The Newtonator

I think people are excited for different things. When the album is released it obviously wont be what some are expecting (especially after reading that Kerrang article) but i guarantee that no-one will be disappointed

15. hybrid.theory7

hybrid.theory7 Well-Known Member

Okay i cannot take this anymore,
    you guys think hybrid theory and and meteora sound alike but fail to recognise that No more sorrow and given up sound the same,what ive done/new divide and burning in the skies sound the same,all those shitty m2m songs(in peices ,the little things whatever,leave out all the rest)sound similar,i dont expect another nu metal album from the band but i do encourage the use of all band members equally(joe coudnt be heard in m2m,brad coudnt be heard in ats),excuse me for my english.

16. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

A song sounding heavy doesn't make it less "mature", that's not what anyone's trying to say. It's more the fact that, at this point in the band's career, the band themselves would consider it lazy and unoriginal to create music that heavily resembles what they made on their first two albums, and a lot of us here feel the same way.

As for the old "certain band member wasn't prominent enough on certain album" thing, Hahn handled a lot of atmospheric elements on "Midnight", though they were quite understated (much like Shinoda's rapping, they weren't just thrown all over the place) and that was only part of his role in creating the album. Each band member did more than just play a single instrument during the writing/recording process, an aspect of the band's constantly-evolving methods which they've kept since then. Delson wasn't very interested in playing guitar on "A Thousand Suns", but he made strong contributions to the songs' arrangements, which are one of the album's main strengths. On those two albums in particular, every band member helped to shape every aspect of the music as part of a democratic process and, both times, that has lead to results that are very different compared to when each band member stuck to rigid roles in the studio.

17. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Respectfully, I do disagree with your last point there. In my opinion, Joe can be heard in MTM and Brad can be heard in ATS. Just not in the stereotypical way that you might expect to hear them (i.e. Joe = scratching, Brad = guitar).

Actually, perhaps it's more accurate to word it this way: on more recent Linkin Park albums, the boundaries of the traditional "roles" of each band member have broken down. You no longer nessicarily "hear" each individual band member, but rather you hear the collective efforts of Linkin Park as a whole. Perhaps you hear a guitar part that you assume was played by Brad/Mike, but it could perhaps have been recorded by Chester or Pheonix. Or perhaps you hear a beat or sample that you assume Mike produced, when it could perhaps have been Joe or Brad (who I think is pretty able on Pro Tools).

No disrespect my friend, I'm not arguing with you, I just think you'd be missing out on a lot of good music if you listen to Linkin Park and just think: "Where is Joe? I can't hear Joe!" :)

18. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Saying everything you've said before?

19. Minus

No. They judge the lyrics. You're talking about Blink 182. It isn't the music they're judging, it's the lyrics about prank-calling your girlfriend's mom to say her husband was arrested for fucking someone in the ass. The music is exactly the same, but the lyrics define whether it's mature.

Proof that the second sentence here is wrong. Adam's Song.

[youtube]2MRdtXWcgIw[/youtube]

Same music, mature lyrics. Mature song. So that whole point you made was, no offense, completely wrong.

Leave Out All The Rest is a pretty mature song lyrics-wise. It's about someone who wants to be remembered for the good things after they die. A bit more mature than "I'm tired of being someone else, so I'm going to stop caring because I know I'll fail."

20. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

It's unbelievable how much this news has spread to the mainstream music blogging sites, and all of them have completely misinterpreted Chester in my opinion. They all have headlines like "Linkin Park Going Back to Nu-Metal Roots" and "Linkin Park Dropping Electronics for Next Album", uhm, what? I completely didn't get any of that at all and to be honest, what it is going to sound like is still up in the air. They've basically listed everything every Linkin Park album has had since Hybrid Theory; guitars, electronics, big choruses, up-tempo songs, darkness and hope. EVERY fucking Linkin Park album has that, maybe in different ratios sure, but saying that Linkin Park are going back to "Nu-Metal" is ridiculous. If this album is anything like "Nu-Metal", I'll do a hand stand with my cock out in times square.

Arguing about "new" and "old" Linkin Park is also annoying to see. I know it will never end, but does anybody else just listen to any song from Linkin Park and think "yeah, this sounds like Linkin Park" regardless of the album? Because I do, and it's not going to change with this next release. Linkin Park are the six guys in the band, not the albums they release. Judging them on how the music they have made over the years has changed and applying that to how their next album will sound is redundant. Does anyone seriously think they sit at a table and think "okay, let's make it 33% Hybrid Theory, 4% Meteora, 23% MTM, 20% ATS and 20% fuck knows what". Fuck no. They just make the songs, work with the instruments that best fit the songs and stick them on a fucking album. More than any album before, that's what this album sounds like from the information they have chosen to share so far. More than anything they sound happy and excited about it and to be honest, that's all I care about. I'm excited for the new album and not because of how they describe the sound of it to the press, but because it's a new album from six guys who constantly strive to be better. My bet is, if you liked any songs off their first four albums, you'll probably like some off this one too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.