Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

New Album Exclusive: Chester Talks To Kerrang! Magazine

Chester will be featured in the new issue of Kerrang! Magazine which will be out tomorrow (Wednesday March 21st). He will be lifting the lid on the upcoming Linkin Park album due out this summer.

"The new songs are about finding a positive twist in the darkest moments..." - Chester Bennington

What do you think this quote means? What do you expect from Linkin Park's 5th studio album? Let us know by posting in our forums!

We will be uploading full scans of this article as soon as we can!

Source: Kerrang! Magazine | danielpsoad-09

Cheetas strapped to space rockets. VorteXLP's Avatar
    I can't wait! "The new songs are about finding a positive twist in the darkest moments" if I read that correctly?
    Attended A Thousand Suns World Tour on October 26th 2010 in Dortmund, Germany [+M&G]

I don't always read news posts on the LPA, but when I do, they're posted by LPA team members based in the UK.

Stay classy, my sexy-accented friends.

Quote Originally Posted by VorteXLP View Post
    I can't wait! "The new songs are about finding a positive twist in the darkest moments" if I read that correctly?
    That's what I said.

Chester's interviews are always awesome. Looking forward to reading this tomorrow!

A nice taste of Linkin Pie...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Hmm so "Iridescent"-esque songs (lyrically) then? Nice .
    The LPA is self funded. We support our hosting costs out of pocket and through ads, and although we do not expect our users to donate...any monetary contribution helps.
    To donate towards hosting costs and help support the site, please click on the Donate button below.

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

Standing on the wall / Laughing at suns & guns Faint into Pieces's Avatar
    First thing that popped into my head from that quote were the lyrics to Iridescent, which are easily some the best the band has ever written IMO.

More positive Linkin Park is definitely an intriguing and exciting thing!

Damn, I got ninja'd lol

Quote Originally Posted by VorteXLP View Post
    Well that somewhat explains the earlier claim that this album would be political.
    Check out my blog! New post here: http://hoppedonpop.com/2014/07/27/nineties-nostalgia/

I'm a believer in the American Dream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwTDL25N4xg

I hope they describe the trama behind the lyrics well in the moment of the twist. Iridescent was lyrically perfect, beside from the fact the "let it go" sentence is a bit too simple to resolve a huge problem. I hope the twist is given with energy, something that really inspires you. Songs that can give you the nitro when you have an essential meeting or conversation to do and you listen to the song before so to be pumped for it, ready for the twist of your life. I love those kind of songs.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDude526 View Post
    Well that somewhat explains the earlier claim that this album would be political.
    *wouldn't. Mike has said at least twice that it's more of a personal record this time around.

Goodnight, Raggedy man. Pidgeon's Avatar
    I know what I'm getting tomorrow, Chester always tends to be the loud mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Derek The Infamous View Post
    *wouldn't. Mike has said at least twice that it's more of a personal record this time around.
    It's both. It's a concept album about a band trying to write political songs but their personal issues get in the way. So they suffer, burning in the fires of a thousand suns. In the end they can't be outdone and decide to ditch the political, basically leave out all the rest. Finally, they get back to where this began. They had nothing to say and got lost in the nothingness in side of me. I was confused and I let it all out to find that I'm not the only person with these things in mind (inside of me). But all that they can see the words revealed is the only real thing that I've got left to feel. Nothing to lose - just stuck, hollow and alone, and the fault is my own, and the fault is my own.

I wanna heal, I wanna feel what I thought was never real. I wanna let go of the pain I've felt so long; erase all the pain till it's gone. I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I'm close to something real. I wanna find something I've wanted all along. Somewhere I belong.

Darkish HT-lyrics with a positive twist?
    Formerly known as Ruukkz

Proud Venezuelan LP fan. With adorable feet. Andreina's Avatar
    Wow great! Can't wait to read it, especially after reading what mike said to ArtistDirect.. The album is nearing!! :'D

Quote Originally Posted by Minus View Post
    It's both. It's a concept album about a band trying to write political songs but their personal issues get in the way. So they suffer, burning in the fires of a thousand suns. In the end they can't be outdone and decide to ditch the political, basically leave out all the rest. Finally, they get back to where this began. They had nothing to say and got lost in the nothingness in side of me. I was confused and I let it all out to find that I'm not the only person with these things in mind (inside of me). But all that they can see the words revealed is the only real thing that I've got left to feel. Nothing to lose - just stuck, hollow and alone, and the fault is my own, and the fault is my own.

I wanna heal, I wanna feel what I thought was never real. I wanna let go of the pain I've felt so long; erase all the pain till it's gone. I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I'm close to something real. I wanna find something I've wanted all along. Somewhere I belong.
    The album is so much clearer to me now. Thank you.

It's Like I'm Paranoid... hybrid.theory7's Avatar

That is probably the best explanation ever.
    Mark the Graves Best Song since ever.

I don't know man... "positive message" doesn't go with heavy guitars and screaming, which I would really like to hear on this record.

Suffocating in the mess Serenity of Ashes's Avatar

Why does this make perfect sense?

Quote Originally Posted by TheZlajaZlo View Post
    I don't know man... "positive message" doesn't go with heavy guitars and screaming, which I would really like to hear on this record.
    Then do you see why LP is moving away from that sound? If heavy guitars=angst and they want to write positive lyrics then it only makes sense for the music to be more dynamic than a bunch of booming guitars.
    You overestimate the learning capabilities of the majority of the LP fanbase.

Can't wait!

Positive message? Guess that will piss some people off...

wow. it's all coming together quite fast now. good thing my neighbour is a subscriber to Kerrang! Mag, so i've gotta pay him a visit tomorrow
    And with words unspoken
    A silent devotion
    I know you know what I mean
    And the end is unknown
    But I think I'm ready
    As long as you're with me

http://www.lastfm.de/user/aSl33p

Thread Information