stone sour

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by goldengoaliex910, May 23, 2003.

goldengoaliex910

goldengoaliex910 Well-Known Member

wow. i am, literally, awed by the fact that corey taylor (i think?), the lead singer of slipknot, is also the lead singer of stone sour.

stone sour is currently my third favorite band, and i have never really liked slipknot... just the fact that this amazing singer is linked to slipknot makes me want to listen to them non-stop...

theyve realeased two songs, to my knowledge, and they are all extrememly good. bother and inhale, d/l them or buy the album, stone sour, like i will as i turn not broke.

anyone got any thoughts, comments?

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Stone Sour are great, Slipknot aren't.

Did you know Slipknot is a side project of Corey Taylor's first band, Stone Sour? That's what I heard. Slipknot just became more popular.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yes. Stone Sour was the original band, and Cory decided that it wasn't going anywhere so they started Slipknot. Slipknot was supposed to be underground but it ended up being mainstream somewhat. They brought Stone Sour back to show what they sounded like before the success of Slipknot.

goldengoaliex910

Yes. Stone Sour was the original band, and Cory decided that it wasn't going anywhere so they started Slipknot. Slipknot was supposed to be underground but it ended up being mainstream somewhat. They brought Stone Sour back to show what they sounded like before the success of Slipknot. [/b][/quote]
    really?

wow... how did that happen?

i had never heard of stone sour before, like, a month ago... but slipknot, i heard of them about three years ago, i think.

amazing in the difference of sound.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Yes. Stone Sour was the original band, and Cory decided that it wasn't going anywhere so they started Slipknot. Slipknot was supposed to be underground but it ended up being mainstream somewhat. They brought Stone Sour back to show what they sounded like before the success of Slipknot. [/b][/quote]
    That's actually wrong, lol.

This will be long, but i'll give the story on how Corey ended up in Slipknot.

Long ago when they all lived in Des Monies, Iowa(hometown), there were two bands; Stone Sour and Slipknot. Everyone in the town who was a rocker was either on the Stone Sour or Slipknot side. Corey at the time, was in only Stone Sour. One day there was a battle of the bands and both Stone Sour and Slipknot were participating so this was a huge event in the town.

Both Slipknot and Stone Sour kicked ass, but in the end Slipknot kicked more ass. Slipknot won and were now finally crowned the best in the town.

Certain Slipknot members thought, however, that Corey had a really good voice and it would fit better in the mainstream-rock category than what their singer(at the time) had.

They went up to Corey after the show and literally said to him to either join Slipknot, or get the sh*t kicked out of him. Corey agreed and joined Slipknot and became the lead singer, while the former lead singer of Slipknot became a back-up. Also, a few other members of Stone Sour also later joined Slipknot in place of the former members.

Slipknot ended up making it big in the metal scene, so Corey wanted to get Stone Sour started back up, and he did. So Slipknot was actually Corey's original side project, not Stone Sour like many people think.

Also: Corey has said there will be one more Slipknot album, and then they are done.(many Slipknot haters will like that ;)) Stone Sour will still be around, however.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

That's actually wrong, lol.

This will be long, but i'll give the story on how Corey ended up in Slipknot.

Long ago when they all lived in Des Monies, Iowa(hometown), there were two bands; Stone Sour and Slipknot. Everyone in the town who was a rocker was either on the Stone Sour or Slipknot side. Corey at the time, was in only Stone Sour. One day there was a battle of the bands and both Stone Sour and Slipknot were participating so this was a huge event in the town.

Both Slipknot and Stone Sour kicked ass, but in the end Slipknot kicked more ass. Slipknot won and were now finally crowned the best in the town.

Certain Slipknot members thought, however, that Corey had a really good voice and it would fit better in the mainstream-rock category than what their singer(at the time) had.

They went up to Corey after the show and literally said to him to either join Slipknot, or get the sh*t kicked out of him. Corey agreed and joined Slipknot and became the lead singer, while the former lead singer of Slipknot became a back-up. Also, a few other members of Stone Sour also later joined Slipknot in place of the former members.

Slipknot ended up making it big in the metal scene, so Corey wanted to get Stone Sour started back up, and he did. So Slipknot was actually Corey's original side project, not Stone Sour like many people think.

Also: Corey has said there will be one more Slipknot album, and then they are done.(many Slipknot haters will like that ;)) Stone Sour will still be around, however. [/b][/quote]
    I was close. :lol:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Oh yes, if anyone want's to read a real detailed version of what I just said about how Corey ended up in Slipknot, check out http://www.black-goat.com.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think Bother is a great song but I haven't listened to anything else by them ^_^

goldengoaliex910

you should definatly check out inhale, its a great song.

much more heavy than bother, but still a great song.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

you should definatly check out inhale, its a great song.

much more heavy than bother, but still a great song. [/b][/quote]
    Ok I will ^_^

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I like Slipknot and Stone Sour. I like Slipknot a lot more though. Slipknot should make more then one more album :p .

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Corey said he doesn't want to ruin a good thing. But who knows, he may have just been talking about himself, Slipknot may do more albums just with another singer.