Which LP record has the best album artwork??

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Arjun, Mar 3, 2012.

soun'wave

soun'wave can't shake the shock

i like the ATS art for the lack of writing on it, just the eerie picture on the cover .

i love the Meteora book though, the art style suited the sound i think

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Please be careful not to multi-post. If you need to quote more than one person, there's a button on the bottom right of each post that allows you to quote multiple posts. Or if you have anything to add to your reply, just use the Edit Post button. Thanks! :)

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I strongly suggest taking an art appreciation course in college. It seems like you're terribly misinformed.

Geki

Geki >.

HT>MTM>Meteora>ATS

Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

that was by mistake. i wasnt aware that i was quoting more than 1 person at same time....sorry...ill keep that in mind next time.

Arjun

if they make an artwork 4 the next record like limp bizkit's gold cobra i would die laughing.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

You multi-posted again.....

Arjun

damn!!!

Arjun

i think we should have an artwork designing contest for lp's 5th album. i know it wont be used anywhere but just for creativity's sake and for some fun.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

A Thousand Suns.

Hey arjunblouria, you multi-posted again.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
    lpisbaws

lpisbaws Well-Known Member

It really depends on how you define art. Modern art, made up of blocks and lines is, imo, a disgrace to art. But I really like the modern psychedelic art, that is some trippy stuff.

Hybrid

As defined by dictionay.com:

Art

- noun

1. the production of something beautiful or extraordinary
    2. paintings, drawings, sculptures, etc.
    3. skill; ability
    4. subjects other than the sciences

The beautiful thing about art is that it is subjective to the audience. Not everyone sees/hears the same thing. To you, it may seem meaningless, but to others, it may be something extraordinary. It actually might mean something to us. To sit back and disrespect an entire form of art is kind of tasteless. While I respect that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I feel you don't quite have a concept about what you are talking about. Interpreting art is the best thing about it. It is called using some imagination. That's why I like and respect all forms of art. it enables you to think about something and fill in the meaning that the artist skillfully laid out for you. Not everything in this world is cut and dry in black and white. thank god for that, because that seems like a shitty place to be in.

lpisbaws

lpisbaws Well-Known Member

Yes art is very subjective but like all things there are limits. I read once that at an art gallery, the cleaner accidentally left the the mop and bucket in the open. So when people came to gallery, they thought it was an art piece and they praised it. People just want an excuse to find meaning in everything, i know rich bored people love doing that. Thats what I'm against, art that is not worth being called art. But then again, that contradicts the idea of art being subjective. Anyways, I will hate on it either way and nothing anyone can ever do about it, :)

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

As for cover art, Hybrid Theory has to come first for me. The only album artwork booklet I have is for A Thousand Suns, and I really like the "glitchy" and distorted pictures and graphics. Meteora has a really interesting cover, too, which gives the album a really cool feel. Minutes To Midnight are both simplified and are supposed to represent something else, perhaps what is happening with the music. I'm the furthest thing from an art major or someone who really understands the meanings of these things, but I have an appreciation for it, regardless, and for the people that can comprehend all these abstract thoughts.

Hybrid

I am neither rich or bored and I love art. Yes, there are some artist's who I just don't get, but I cannot discredit an entire art period for it. The fact that you are is very unfair. Modern art is more than just boxes and lines.

It seems to me like you have more of a problem with rich people (since you keep bringing it up) more so than you do with art. I am not jealous of anyone. I am happy where I am financially. If people can make more money than me, that's good on them. I'll let them be them and I'll keep being me.

I also read somewhere that Emma Stone was supposed to come over yesterday dressed in a French maid outfit, but that didn't happen...

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

The Special Edition (or whatever it is) that I bought allows me to choose from several images to use as the front cover art by flipping the booklet around - it was an effort to cater to people who didn't want to sell the album with its intial cover, I guess, but I thought it was a cool idea :)

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

Hybrid Theory for me.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

this

19nacho19

19nacho19 Banned

I hope their next art is about girl's asses... girl's asses + good music = impossible fail. :rastamike:

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

meteora... when i just heard dont stay at the start it just suits the artwork