Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    can't shake the shock soun'wave's Avatar
    i like the ATS art for the lack of writing on it, just the eerie picture on the cover .

i love the Meteora book though, the art style suited the sound i think

Five Star General Infantry Controller JESEFF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lpisbaws View Post
    Can someone give me any theories about the ATS album art, it looked like an eclipse to me.

i would laugh myself to death
    Quote Originally Posted by arjunblouria View Post
    i want the cover of the new album to be a little more artistic like the HT one.

true

LP do a lot of thinking be4 putting out the artwork. each one is different and special in its own way.

what would be ur reaction if the artwork of the 5th records looks similar to this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Go...lbum_cover.jpg
    Please be careful not to multi-post. If you need to quote more than one person, there's a button on the bottom right of each post that allows you to quote multiple posts. Or if you have anything to add to your reply, just use the Edit Post button. Thanks!
    R.I.P. Taylor Weir 1993 - 2013

Runnin this thang / Money insane / Busy getting brain like Krang / What, what's my name in the woods got these people usin' MapQuest / Man, fuck a backpacker

Formerly known as Zombie Jeff

Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta Hybrid's Avatar
    I would agree to that quote if the artwork was blank (just white). I will never understand this modern art phenomena, its like rich people want an excuse to stare at crap and get a meaning out of it and spend $5000. This artwork might not be "modern art" but it is as dead to me.
    I strongly suggest taking an art appreciation course in college. It seems like you're terribly misinformed.

Take it how you take it, I'm the opposite of vacancy

>.<
    HT>MTM>Meteora>ATS

Comin' at you from every side!!!! Arjun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Please be careful not to multi-post. If you need to quote more than one person, there's a button on the bottom right of each post that allows you to quote multiple posts. Or if you have anything to add to your reply, just use the Edit Post button. Thanks!
    that was by mistake. i wasnt aware that i was quoting more than 1 person at same time....sorry...ill keep that in mind next time.

if they make an artwork 4 the next record like limp bizkit's gold cobra i would die laughing.

that was by mistake. i wasnt aware that i was quoting more than 1 person at same time....sorry...ill keep that in mind next time.
    if they make an artwork 4 the next record like limp bizkit's gold cobra i would die laughing.
    You multi-posted again.....
    happy technology.

damn!!!

i think we should have an artwork designing contest for lp's 5th album. i know it wont be used anywhere but just for creativity's sake and for some fun.

A Thousand Suns.

Hey arjunblouria, you multi-posted again.
    Last edited by Robert; 03-04-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Ntr/Mssion
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I strongly suggest taking an art appreciation course in college. It seems like you're terribly misinformed.
    It really depends on how you define art. Modern art, made up of blocks and lines is, imo, a disgrace to art. But I really like the modern psychedelic art, that is some trippy stuff.

It really depends on how you define art. Modern art, made up of blocks and lines is, imo, a disgrace to art. But I really like the modern psychedelic art, that is some trippy stuff.
    As defined by dictionay.com:

Art

- noun

1. the production of something beautiful or extraordinary
    2. paintings, drawings, sculptures, etc.
    3. skill; ability
    4. subjects other than the sciences

The beautiful thing about art is that it is subjective to the audience. Not everyone sees/hears the same thing. To you, it may seem meaningless, but to others, it may be something extraordinary. It actually might mean something to us. To sit back and disrespect an entire form of art is kind of tasteless. While I respect that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I feel you don't quite have a concept about what you are talking about. Interpreting art is the best thing about it. It is called using some imagination. That's why I like and respect all forms of art. it enables you to think about something and fill in the meaning that the artist skillfully laid out for you. Not everything in this world is cut and dry in black and white. thank god for that, because that seems like a shitty place to be in.

Ntr/Mssion
    Yes art is very subjective but like all things there are limits. I read once that at an art gallery, the cleaner accidentally left the the mop and bucket in the open. So when people came to gallery, they thought it was an art piece and they praised it. People just want an excuse to find meaning in everything, i know rich bored people love doing that. Thats what I'm against, art that is not worth being called art. But then again, that contradicts the idea of art being subjective. Anyways, I will hate on it either way and nothing anyone can ever do about it,

As for cover art, Hybrid Theory has to come first for me. The only album artwork booklet I have is for A Thousand Suns, and I really like the "glitchy" and distorted pictures and graphics. Meteora has a really interesting cover, too, which gives the album a really cool feel. Minutes To Midnight are both simplified and are supposed to represent something else, perhaps what is happening with the music. I'm the furthest thing from an art major or someone who really understands the meanings of these things, but I have an appreciation for it, regardless, and for the people that can comprehend all these abstract thoughts.

Yes art is very subjective but like all things there are limits. I read once that at an art gallery, the cleaner accidentally left the the mop and bucket in the open. So when people came to gallery, they thought it was an art piece and they praised it. People just want an excuse to find meaning in everything, i know rich bored people love doing that. Thats what I'm against, art that is not worth being called art. But then again, that contradicts the idea of art being subjective. Anyways, I will hate on it either way and nothing anyone can ever do about it,
    I am neither rich or bored and I love art. Yes, there are some artist's who I just don't get, but I cannot discredit an entire art period for it. The fact that you are is very unfair. Modern art is more than just boxes and lines.

It seems to me like you have more of a problem with rich people (since you keep bringing it up) more so than you do with art. I am not jealous of anyone. I am happy where I am financially. If people can make more money than me, that's good on them. I'll let them be them and I'll keep being me.

I also read somewhere that Emma Stone was supposed to come over yesterday dressed in a French maid outfit, but that didn't happen...

Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. minuteforce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Sonic View Post
    Yeah, or do one like Kanye West's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy"
    The Special Edition (or whatever it is) that I bought allows me to choose from several images to use as the front cover art by flipping the booklet around - it was an effort to cater to people who didn't want to sell the album with its intial cover, I guess, but I thought it was a cool idea

Hold onto what is there ... and count the saints

Hybrid Theory for me.

[n20]

Quote Originally Posted by El Muerto View Post
    HT>Meteora>ATS>MTM
    this

Banned
    I hope their next art is about girl's asses... girl's asses + good music = impossible fail.

I Can't Resolve This Empty Story Star Scream's Avatar
    meteora... when i just heard dont stay at the start it just suits the artwork

Thread Information