LPA Monthly Mix-Up March: Hip-Hop

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

One of the dopest remixes I've heard in a while! The end blew me away. I really dig the live vocals of Papercut at the end, not many remixes actually have live vocals in'em so kudos for making that work. The energy in this remix is also phenomenal. It's rather lengthy but y'know, it doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I didn't even notice it took over 8 minutes to listen to. Very nice job man!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  2. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot dude, it's much appreciated! I'm particularly relieved that you "didn't even notice" just how long it was when you were listening - that's what I was hoping for! Some people will probably find it too long for their taste, but I'm glad you found it interesting enough to keep your attention for that length of time.

Great to see you managed to get your Blackout remix finished - I remember you had some trouble earlier in the month with a demo version of FL Studio? Great work getting it done man, it's an awesome, awesome entry. The Wretches and Kings mix was cool too, but I think you were right to pick Blackout as the better mix!

Edit: Oh, by the way, I must apologize for not getting back to you about that PM you sent me a few weeks back - I'm terrible with replying to emails. Replying now :p

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Absolutely. Fucking. First. Class.

Excellent job macdonald. Love the new "beneath my skin" melodies.

4. m_macdonald

You're too kind my friend! Glad you enjoyed my entry. Thought I'd try and make something cool this month after my last minute anti-climax last month :p

5. alexbism

alexbism Well-Known Member

Wow , macdonald , your mix is fuckin' awesome !

6. Derek

You still haven't posted that BITS remix either :p.

7. m_macdonald

Thank you, means a lot! :)

I know, I've been hilariously disorganized over the past couple of months. It will see the light of day, I promise. In other news though, I'm finishing a non-LP related remix at the moment which is... different. It's a remix of a Scottish/UK band called Twin Atlantic, a song called "Free". I'll PM you the link on Monday when it's uploaded dude.

8. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Yeah, I enjoyed it all the way through. I do hate lengthy songs at times but that's because they don't keep my attention, it becomes rather boring after a while. But your remix is different all the time. Different sounds, different voices, live vocals at the end. Also kudos for the nice intro!

Thank you! Glad you liked both of them! The reason why I thought of changing entries is because I had the feeling I added/changed a bit too much in my Blackout remix. But like I said, I put way more work in that one, tweaking everything etc. The WaK was made in less than a day so yeah.

Anyways, can't wait to see who wins, this month had so many awesome entries, simply amazing. I can't even pick a favorite remix just because there the remixes are so good this month. I'm really happy that I joined this month's contest, I learned a lot working on these remixes. Thanks LPA for doing these contests every month!

It's true, you didn't reply yet!!! :WTF:

Haha, don't worry about it man, I'm like that too at times :lol:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  9. MajiksMonster

MajiksMonster Producer/Musician

10. m_macdonald

Thanks very much for your kind words! No need to rule yourself out though, I really enjoyed your In The End remix a lot. The melody that the synth in the background plays (it has almost like an 8 Bit "chime" to it) sounds like a melody from some of the darker/dungeon themes from the old Pokemon games. I'm not just being clichéd and saying "Oh, it sounds 8 Bit, so it MUST sound like Pokemon." I do actually mean that, the melody has a very nostalgic, slightly dark feel. And then when Chester's chorus comes over the top of that melody - that was really beautiful. Kind of melancholy. The "Raindrops" verse is a great choice too, I really like that old Crawling verse. Overall, nice work, I've downloaded it!

11. MajiksMonster

Wow. Thanks man. I really appreciate it. No need for you to be modest though. I understand that people like my remix, but yours was quite literally 'MADE' for this contest, pardon my pun.

12. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Just to give everyone a heads up: We'll announced the winners in the next day or so. With how hectic it has been the last few days, this got pushed to the background slightly.

13. Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Great remixes guys I finally got to listen to everyone elses. I personally don't have much chance but its great to see some cool talent here maybe some of us can do a collaboration on something sometime soon.

14. DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

hey guys, i'd like to know if i can enable the download and the "creative commons" on my track

15. MajiksMonster

Any idea when the winner will be announced?

16. Derek

Sorry, things have been a CLUSTERfuck with Burn It Down. We've already decided that we're going to make this month easier because of less time for entries. Expect a winners post within the next hour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.