Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. minuteforce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 19nacho19 View Post
    It all looks like they want to shock us, they don't show anything revealing, and Brad says that we will have new single in a few months, it will be an amazing shock
    I think we will be pretty shocked if a single actually comes out within the next few months :"

They're eating all my shotgun smiles ...

LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    I was talking with Todd about the musical influence The Beatles made on music, and how there will never be another band quite like them...and then I remembered this blog post from Mike:

I was just researching something online, which led me to a Beatles song, which led me to a list of their releases. Check out the year of release (UK) on these albums:

Help!– Aug ’65
    Rubber Soul– Dec ’65
    Revolver– Aug ’66
    Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band– June ’67
    The Beatles (a.k.a. ‘The White Album’)– Nov ’68
    Yellow Submarine– Jan ’69
    Abbey Road– Sept ’69
    Yes I left out a couple albums, which were re-releases of material.

These guys released seven classic albums and did a lifetime of evolving in the span of four years. We all need to step our shit up. I’m going to the studio.
    http://mikeshinoda.com/2009/01/26/th...seven-in-four/

This in no way means the band is going to ever sound like The Beatles, but I find it interesting how right around the time A Thousand Suns was beginning to be written, that post gets made. Mike's mindset could've easily changed by the next month or even within those 3 years...but what if it hasn't? In many ways LP took a very Beatles-esque surprise turn with their last album. What if the band is no longer making music they think will "sell big" but instead creating music that inspires them and makes them evolve as musicians? I can't reach inside Mike's mind, but I sure as hell hope he still has that frame of mind. What I love about Linkin Park is that ever since MTM, their music has been gone in completely unpredictable directions. I hope that mystery and surprise never fades. I love how this band challenges me to rethink my expectations with every new release.

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

HELP THE LPA:

I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter. Xero21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek The Infamous View Post
    In many ways LP took a very Beatles-esque surprise turn with their last album. What if the band is no longer making music they think will "sell big" but instead creating music that inspires them and makes them evolve as musicians? I can't reach inside Mike's mind, but I sure as hell hope he still has that frame of mind. What I love about Linkin Park is that ever since MTM, their music has been gone in completely unpredictable directions. I hope that mystery and surprise never fades. I love how this band challenges me to rethink my expectations with every new release.
    You know you mentioned in the LP/Radiohead thread that you thought LP's career is paralleling Radiohead. But to be honest, I always thought it was more paralleling The Beatles.

Both bands started their careers with very pop music to massive commercial success, but dismissed by many critics as nothing but boy bands. Then each band had a pivotal album where they were still making pop music, but started focusing more on writing better lyrics and less on making pop hits (Rubber Soul, Minutes to Midnight).

After those albums, each band released a curveball, with The Beatles releasing Revolver and arguably the beginning of Psychedelic Rock, and Linkin Park releasing A Thousand Suns (which won't be credited with starting any new musical movements, but was still very much out of left field like Revolver was for The Beatles.

After Revolver, The Beatles released Sgt. Pepper, their magnum opus and one of the greatest albums of all time. After A Thousand Suns? we'll see later this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    - Xero the twenty-first
    3/29/12 - Was the groom in the first ever LPA marriage!

Formerly known as Xero21 Brandon.

Quote Originally Posted by IISUPERXEROI View Post
    Mike is having the midlife crisis

LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Xero21, I was just thinking the same tonight. I always argued they were following the trajectory of Radiohead (like you pointed out), but come to think about it...apart from the gaps in release time, the career path between the two bands (LP and Beatles) is incredibly similar.

Comin' at you from every side!!!! Arjun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xero21 View Post
    After Revolver, The Beatles released Sgt. Pepper, their magnum opus and one of the greatest albums of all time. After A Thousand Suns? we'll see later this year.
    hope Lp's 5th album turns out be a massive hit.

Burdened With Glorious Purpose Hybrid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arjunblouria View Post
    hope Lp's 5th album turns out be a massive hit.
    "Hits" are nice and all, but as long as I'm happy with it, which a 10+ year track record has kept me, that's what matters most to me.

Waiting For A Light That Never Comes Star Scream's Avatar
    just want songs that i can listen to for years to come

This album will make people share with the world Linkin Park is one of their guilty pleasure!

Linkin Park 2012

Quote Originally Posted by 1STPKLOSER View Post
    just want songs that i can listen to for years to come
    Name one song by them that you can't listen for years and years and years and never get tired of..?
    ..the blood of innocence burning in the skies

Burdened With Glorious Purpose Hybrid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdalem View Post
    This album will make people share with the world Linkin Park is one of their guilty pleasure!
    Nothing to feel guilty about on my part.

Thread Information