Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Linkin Park Talk New Album in Rocksound Magazine

Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park is featured in the March 2012 issue of UK publication Rocksound Magazine where he goes into some detail about how the band's fifth studio album is shaping up, including how the recording is going, what it sounds like and what the audience can expect when it eventually drops sometime this year. Check out the full interview in the scan below.

Thumbnail

Source: Rocksound Magazine

Cheetas strapped to space rockets. VorteXLP's Avatar
    Whoopwoop!
    Attended A Thousand Suns World Tour on October 26th 2010 in Dortmund, Germany [+M&G]

Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. minuteforce's Avatar
    Sounds exciting. How do "edited sounds, loops and atmospheres" differ from "samples"? ;P

They're eating all my shotgun smiles ...

I am liking the impression I am getting.
    yawk yawk

all hail the sassy pug-ape Decay's Avatar
    Is it only this scan? Because you say scans yet there's only one to click on.

What I've read so far is quite interesting. Especially (like minuteforce said) the mention of 'digital elements' and them being different from samples... I can't really tell how they're different from samples either but MS must know what he's talking about. I mean, it's not like the guy doesn't know what samples are right?

So far, so good. I think it's gonna be more different from ATS than I expected.
    Last edited by Decay; 02-29-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LinkinPark0394 View Post
    Is it only this scan? Because you say scans yet there's only one to click on.

What I've read so far is quite interesting. Especially (like minuteforce said) the mention of 'digital elements' and them being different from samples... I can't really tell how they're different from samples either but MS must know what he's talking about. I mean, it's not like the guy doesn't know what samples are right?

So far, so good. I think it's gonna be more different from ATS than I expected.
    Yep, just the one page.

Fight the tyranny of the LPA staff! Pidgeon's Avatar
    Oh boy, i think this has be the most exciting development so far

Voted LPA's Best Writer for 2013

Nice, but it does not say anything new but I am still excited for the new album!!
    Ow and LP is officially be anouncend for PinkPop 2012 on sunday 28 May IT IS OFFICIAL! http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/3380/...pop-2012.dhtml (source, its dutch )

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    Nice, but it does not say anything new but I am still excited for the new album!!
    Ow and LP is officially be anouncend for PinkPop 2012 on sunday 28 May IT IS OFFICIAL! http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/3380/...pop-2012.dhtml (source, its dutch )

Thanks! *looks for translator*

Linkin Park 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Vdalem View Post
    Thanks! *looks for translator*
    Linkin Park is set to play on Sunday the 27th at the 43rd edition of Pinkpop, which takes place every year in Landgraaf (The Netherlands). They're one of the headliners of the festival and will play alongside Chase & Status, The Wombats, Soundgarden and many others. Other famous artists/bands who will play at the festival are Anouk, The Cure, Bruce Springsteen, The Hives and the list goes on and on.

It's not the whole article I translated obviously, more like a summary of the more important stuff that's in it ;D. So yeah, here ya go ^^
    Last edited by Decay; 02-29-2012 at 12:09 PM.

hahaha trust me (A)
    There playing with Soundgarden on the same day so maybe there is going to be a collaberation or somtehing, you'll never know!

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    hahaha trust me (A)
    There playing with Soundgarden on the same day so maybe there is going to be a collaberation or somtehing, you'll never know!
    Ninja'd

I don't think LP's gonna do collabs anytime soon. Their new album's coming our way so it would just take our eyes off of that. Or maybe we'll have collabs on the new album, that would be something different. But I doubt it haha.

LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Actually, I consider this the most important of the album updates we've gotten to date. Some say it offers nothing new, but I disagree completely. In this article, Mike gets rid of the idea that album sounds like Hybrid Theory (which was a common misconception from the "mix of old and new" article) and also reveals something interesting: the lack of samples and electronics. Granted some may argue that "digital elements" are essentially the same thing, but what I think Mike is trying to say by "edited sounds, loops and atmospheres" that the album is going more of an analog route which is certainly a big step for the band. A lot of their samples and loops in the past were generated virtually by computer programs/plugins which gave their albums a distinctly electronic sound. If they're using real instruments for loops, this could be the most natural/organic sounding album they've ever made. I didn't think it was possible to top my excitement for ATS, but Mike has officially made me geek out. Can't wait to hear the first single.

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

HELP THE LPA:

Burdened With Glorious Purpose Hybrid's Avatar
    Mike clearly says in bold on the article "We be trail blazin wif da new shiz." Such a strpped down and polarizing statement.

You can so tell that mike has japanese genes

Linkin Park "Burn It Down" Live at Billboards HD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naY7gkiBD-s
    Wolflink on getting his copy of Living Things
    wolflink: i preordered through LPA so im screwed

Atmospheric music + loops/edits has me REALLY intrigued. I sense the band moving in a brave new direction.

Also digging the idea of writing more personal lyrics. This is exactly what I've been wanting them to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent O View Post
    Atmospheric music + loops/edits has me REALLY intrigued.
    Could it be something with Ambient-like music? COOL!

Each word gets lost in the echo... Bruno's Avatar
    Amazing read, can't wait to hear the new single asap!

offtopic: LPSpain just tweeted that PinkPop radio announced Fort Minor to play in the same day as Linkin Par on the Festival! you think it's an error or can really be true?

For such a small article, I feel it gives us the best idea of what we can expect from album 5.

Awesome read!

Thread Information