Linkin Park Announces Second Russia Show in St. Petersburg

Discussion in 'News' started by Benjamin, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Earlier in the day, we reported that Linkin Park will play in Moscow, Russia on June 10th as a part of the Maxridom Festival. Now, it looks like the band will play a second Russia show in St. Petersburg where they'll headline a show at the SKK Arena on June 14th. For ticketing information in regard to this show, go to linkinpark.com.

As of now, Linkin Park is scheduled to play in the following places this summer:

May 30th - Skive, Denmark (Skive Festival 2012)
    June 1st - Nürburg, Germany (Rock am Ring 2012)
    June 3rd - Nuremberg, Germany (Rock im Park 2012)
    June 8th - Nickelsdorf, Austria (Nova Rock Festival 2012)
    June 10th - Moscow, Russia (Maxidrom Festival)
    June 14th - St. Petersburg, Russia

As one can see, it looks like this is turning into a full blown summer tour. Be sure to keep checking back to see if more tour dates are announced! Also, be sure to let us know in the forums if you plan on attending any of these shows!

Source: Linkin Park

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

So is this St Petersburg show a festival show or just an LP arena show? So far the other 5 confirmed dates have been festival dates. If they start announcing a full on LP tour with non-festival dates then I think the new album will be coming out before the tour and this summer tour will be the new album support tour! I hope the new album drops within the next three months...

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

This all seems so soon! I haven't had time to really digest what this could mean in terms of album news, but I think you're right. With the addition of more and more shows, I'm starting to get the feeling an album is possibly coming before the announced festivals.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Yeah, I kinda don't know what to think anymore. The next three months seems to soon but all the touring would suggest it

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

It does seem too soon with the lack of info currently coming out of the LP Camp. We don't have any clue or any hints for a single, how can we have an entire album out in three months. I guess Linkin Park could pull something crazy and have the album out without any puzzles or hints along with a single a week before the album if it comes down to it (timing wise)

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

It's not a part of a festival.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

It seems crazy knowing we could possibly have a new album with in the next few months. With all these tour dates, with more to follow, I really think we could get an album announcement next month. Along with a single in April and then the album release in May.

It seems crazy I know but with more tour days coming in... It almost seems possible at this point.

We shall see! :WTF:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
    Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Just give us the big album update already!!!

Lady Pink

Lady Pink Member

Well, as nca.ru said, the fans brought LP to St. Petersburg.
    Nca.ru is russian concert agency, which is able to invite bands to our country. To do so, they have to know, that there's enough people to come to this concert. They held "Nca.ru friends club" and there were to places for concert to choose: Moscow or St. Petersburg. There were more than 6,5k votes for Moscow and a bit less than 6k votes for St. Petersburg. I guess, they chose St. Petersburg, as Moscow was already announced x)
    Anyway, it's really great for us to have two shows after "Transformers" premier and it's really difficult to decide what flashmob to do after last year "W, J & L", lol

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I wish my city had enough organization to do a flash mob. That'd be incredible!

Lady Pink

Lady Pink Member

Just use social networks ;) Now, almost everything done by russian fans is doing via vk.com - russian social network ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.