Limp Bizkit signed to Cash Money Records

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Agent, Feb 25, 2012.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/02/24/limp-bizkit-signed-to-cash-money-records/

The perfect recipe for a shitfest is here.

[​IMG]

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I don't even have to say anything.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Lol I think this is great. They're right where they belong. A shitty group signed to a shitty label filled other shitty groups and people

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

I want to feel sorry for Wes Borland, but he keeps coming back.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Yeah, wes is awesome. His side band black light burns is really good. I really don't understand him going back

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

You guys are schmucks, I think this is hilarious and will probably result in a pretty great new LB album.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Let the musical hilarity ensue.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You said it better than I could've ever said. Gold Cobra was embarassing, and to see Durst still faking his thug mentality when he's in his mid-30s is hilarious. Nobody believes Durst is the gangsta he convinces himself he is.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

FAMILY VALUES 2012

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Durst is a better rapper than Tyga so whatever

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

This whole thread is full of lollersauce.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

While I totally agree with you in every way, the worst part about your statement is that he's actually 41. Like I said... that just makes it worse. :lol:

Derek

I mean look, limpbizkit used to really good. Their first 3 albums with Borland were highly enjoyable and are still good. Then Durst became even more of a dick than he started out as (if that was possible) and the music forever suffered after that. Results May Vary had some okay moments, but the rest of the albums since then have been awful.

Hell, if this label switch can bring back quality limpbizkit then I'm all for it, but as of right now...Fred and his false bravado overstayed it's welcome almost a decade ago.

This Gold Cobra review I wrote sums up my opinions: http://silent-hope.com/archives/351

Blackee Dammet

Horrible review, if for no other reason than you clearly went in expecting it to be bad. You consistently chastise the album for not being able to reclaim mainstream attention or breaking boundaries when even a year before it's release it was billed as a nostalgic party rock album, a significant part of your problem with DJ Lethal comes from not contributing enough, in your words, but make more favorable comparisons to later Linkin Park albums despite their notorious underutilization of Joe Hahn. You do point out that Joe's contributions, if not as apparently, come in a variety of ways that Lethals roles in LB never reach, but others can just as easily argue that much of that is a product of Mike Shinodas ProTools fascination as opposed to Hahns own musical output.

A major theme of this review seems to be some a disappointment that Fred and friends didn't follow a Linkin Park style genre-evolution, but completely ignore that they in fact did try a similar, if less extreme, new style and that the end result was one of the most wildly derided (fairly or otherwise) albums of the decade, despite your professed appreciation for it.

Derek

I'll give you credit on everything except the first part. I didn't go into it expecting to to be bad. I had hoped that the return of Borland would be a good thing, but it wasn't. I went in optimistic, and came out disappointed.

And I still do not get why Results May Vary was hated on so much. I feel sometimes like I'm the only person who appreciated the record.

Blackee Dammet

It had a handful of really good songs, and then a lot of genuinely terrible ones.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Results May Vary was a step in the right direction, similarly to Minutes to Midnight, but Minutes was perfectly executed and helped usher in Linkin Park's "new" sound, whereas Results was all over the place and had no cohesion whatsoever, and ultimately lead to Limp Bizkit's downfall. I mean, c'mon, Limp Bizkit named the record accordingly to how people would feel about it: the results may vary. :lol:

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

My literally first reaction to this: Yup, they went even beyond suck. Wayne and Durst = recipe for music avoidance to my ears.

I think Fred wants a LB-Wayne collabo album, just like Linkin Park did "Collision Course" with Jay-Z, only it's going to be less successful and unintentionally hilarious.

And as for Wes, he's the only reason I make it through at least the first 20 seconds of a Limp Bizkit song until the Durst machine starts.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I love Limp Bizkit but I was very disappointed with Gold Cobra. If the band feel this is what needs to be done in order to regain some former glory then so be it, but I just wish they'd realise that they have the potential to be a really awesome band without the rapping. It's become almost embarrassing to watch and listen to Fred Durst still calling people douchebags and saying he's gonna kick some ass when he's now in his 40s.

I've always thought the songs that were actually sung were better than the ones that had rapping in them. Walking Away was pretty much the only part of Gold Cobra that really stood out, the rest just sounded like they were stuck in 99. I don't hate the album but I think it's finally time for the band to grow up.

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

and still they put on one of the best live shows out there, when it comes to partying und having a lot of fun. their fans are a lot more enjoyable, judging by their behaviour at shows, than most fans of other bands whose music implies to not just stand around and watch a show. the musical output is surely debatable, but you won't find many shows which are more fun.