Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Social Assassin Agent Sideburns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,996

    Exclamation J.K. Rowling is to publish a new novel for adults

    http://www.jkrowling.com/

    J.K. Rowling is to publish a new novel for adults.
    Further details will be announced later in the year.
    J.K. Rowling’s official website is currently being refreshed and
    redesigned, and will be relaunched later this Spring.


    omg omg omg omg!!!

    *faints*
    "When’s the last chicken you heard about come home from work
    and beat the shit out of his hen, huh?
    Doesn’t happen, ’cause chickens are decent people.”

    Formerly known as Agent O

  2. #2
    Sexy in a really weird way Pidgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    8,349
    Very interesting, I'm actually excited to see what she comes out with

  3. #3
    or there and back again
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,888
    I'm guessing the majority of her fans think it's going to be a new series of Harry Potter novels, when in all reality it's not going to have a damn thing to do with that universe in the slightest.

    Although, if it does end up being new Harry Potter books, I'll be at first surprised, then happy.

  4. #4
    Social Assassin Agent Sideburns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I'm guessing the majority of her fans think it's going to be a new series of Harry Potter novels, when in all reality it's not going to have a damn thing to do with that universe in the slightest.

    Although, if it does end up being new Harry Potter books, I'll be at first surprised, then happy.
    It clearly says on the site that the new novel will be very different from the Harry Potter series.

  5. #5
    or there and back again
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent O View Post
    It clearly says on the site that the new novel will be very different from the Harry Potter series.
    I didn't bother going to her web site. That said, her fan base is full of 13- to 14-year-old girls who will look at that and claim it's all a conspiracy to cover up her intentions to write a series of novels about Harry's kids fighting Voldemort and Snape's love child.

    She has the worst fucking handwriting...

  6. #6
    This goes out to everybody still hatin' Bennington_Hahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Upminster, Havering, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,219
    Sweet, hopefully it'll proove to the haters she is indeed a good writer and not just an author of "kids books".





    Formerly known as 1996_LP

  7. #7
    @TheReeknd Ree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dubai, India
    Posts
    7,674
    I think she's an amazing writer so I'm looking forward to this.

  8. #8
    Into the abyss. Oberyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Guilin, China.
    Posts
    10,407
    Stephen King said she was a good writer, and that basically Stephanie Meyer was shit.

    I loved all the HP books, especially the last but I am really happy to hear that Mrs. Rowling is going for an adult audience this time around.


  9. #9
    LPA team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN, USA
    Posts
    6,356
    I hope that it involves vampires. WE NEED MORE VAMPIRES.

  10. #10
    Sexy in a really weird way Pidgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    8,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    I hope that it involves vampires. WE NEED MORE VAMPIRES.
    Only if they sparkle!!! If they don't sparkle I'm fuckin burning that shit

  11. #11
    Five Star General Infantry Controller JESEFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida, United States
    Posts
    17,833
    R.I.P. Taylor Weir 1993 - 2013

    Runnin this thang / Money insane / Busy getting brain like Krang / What, what's my name in the woods got these people usin' MapQuest / Man, fuck a backpacker

    Formerly known as Zombie Jeff

  12. #12
    Muscle Museum travz21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,670
    What kind of 'adult' novels? I like where this is going. If Harry Potter was written like a porno it would have ended so much better than it actually did. The whole series might have been more fulfilling.

  13. #13
    because the internet hawk.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,486
    'arry Potter? The porno?
    happy technology.

  14. #14
    Social Assassin Agent Sideburns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,996
    http://arts.nationalpost.com/2012/02...t-adult-novel/

    Although I’ve enjoyed writing it every bit as much, my next book will be very different to the Harry Potter series, which has been published so brilliantly by Bloomsbury and my other publishers around the world. The freedom to explore new territory is a gift that Harry’s success has brought me, and with that new territory it seemed a logical progression to have a new publisher. I am delighted to have a second publishing home in Little, Brown, and a publishing team that will be a great partner in this new phase of my writing life.

  15. #15
    My perversion power is accumulating Pugnacious Baby Timmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dubai, India
    Posts
    6,880
    Quote Originally Posted by travz21 View Post
    What kind of 'adult' novels? I like where this is going. If Harry Potter was written like a porno it would have ended so much better than it actually did. The whole series might have been more fulfilling.
    Or just more filling.

  16. #16
    Social Assassin Agent Sideburns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,996
    A neighbor of Rowling's in Edinburgh, author Ian Rankin, tweeted Thursday that he thinks Rowling has written a mystery novel.

    "Wouldn't it be funny if J.K. Rowling's first novel for adults turned out to be a crime story set in Edinburgh?" Rankin wrote. "My word yes."



    Goddddddddammn I can't wait! I'm a sucker for mystery!

  17. #17
    or there and back again
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,888
    I've never understood how people classify books. There are obvious ways to classify books as "children's books," but in my opinion, the Harry Potter books (save maybe the first two) aren't "children's books" in any way. Because there's magic? That's a lame qualifier. The only reason anyone considers them as children's books is because mostly kids read them. That'd be like saying Stephen King was a children's author if the same audience read his books and no one else (which is kind of what Harry Potter is like).

  18. #18
    Wiki Staff Vriska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cloud .09
    Posts
    1,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I've never understood how people classify books. There are obvious ways to classify books as "children's books," but in my opinion, the Harry Potter books (save maybe the first two) aren't "children's books" in any way. Because there's magic? That's a lame qualifier. The only reason anyone considers them as children's books is because mostly kids read them. That'd be like saying Stephen King was a children's author if the same audience read his books and no one else (which is kind of what Harry Potter is like).
    They're children's books because that's the audience the author had in mind while writing it. Every artist worth their salt targets an audience. There's no such thing as an "everybody" book, so they'll pick a broad category and write for that.

    If you want the tell signs of a kids book: for one the book is about children who are in a children's setting full of other children who are given much more responsibility than real children would ever have. In short, it has qualities that appeal to children.
    In the land of TH3 bliind, the one eyed troll is Queen ♏ ⊙◡⊛
    The LPA has a wiki

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •