How long will LP last?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lpisbaws, Feb 22, 2012.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

This may be wishful thinking, but I feel like they'll still make another 4-5 albums (unless they commit to this 18 month goal) then tour at some random intervals doing a couple shows.

Edit: I also consider myself a fairly young fan, if 18 qualifies, hahah.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I, personally don't want to put a cap onto how many more albums we will see out of the band. As long as they continue to make great music, that track record is pretty awesome, mind you, I will continue to support them. I think one this is for sure though... They will most definitely last longer than (serious answers in) this thread.

lpisbaws

lpisbaws Well-Known Member

I did it simply to see the reaction. I myself love ATS too. Apart from Blackout, the album was very well done. Every time I listened the songs, there was always a music video playing in my head made from my imagination. This might sound crazy but every time i heard When They Come for Me, I could picture Chester riding horse in the arabian desert, barely visible at first but coming ever-closer to camera as Mike rapped. Pardon my fucked up imagination but that would have made a hell of a music video.

Hybrid

Again, being on the doorstep of my thirties, I show no embarassment towards things that interest me. I am a lover of music, I am a video game and comic book nerd. Not one single tiny little fuck will be given by me about what other people think of me. I am what I am. I stay true to myself and that is all that matters to me. Linkin Park has become part of who I am. Every single person I know personally will tell you that. I have no shame what-so-ever with this, nor will I. Ever. To make a statement like that makes you look pompous and condescending about how people should act at a certain age. Homie don't play that game.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

can I get a witness!!!

lpisbaws

I was just speaking from personal experience, people jeer at me for listening to LP but ignore them. LP is the band that has a special place in my heart and I have no shame for it.

Hybrid

Being a huge fan of Linkin Park means people will look down at you. People have a huge problem with the success Linkin Park has had. Musical "purists" on their high and mighty horses look down on the style that Linkin Park had when they first came on the scene. People who liked rock and metal hated the rap. People who liked rap hated the screaming and the distortion. There was the group that loved the "Nu-Metal" breed of music which died out like a wildfire... It was only a matter of time before the band evolved from that sound and gained some fans while losing others. Which is exactly why I had to put "people" that will look down at you. Even other Linkin Park fans will put you down if they only liked a certain stage of their music. It reminds me of the "Old" Metallica Vs. "New" Metallica fans. I've come to a conclusion that most Linkin Park fans will never be happy with what the band does. That's the double edged sword that the band wields. I, on the other hand, have learned to evolve with the band and have no expectations from them. I just want them to make good music. Their over 10 years of a track record has done nothing but amazed me. I have said it before in saying that there is nothing the band has put out that I did not love. I still stand by that. With my mindset the way that it is, I am looking forward to whatever the future may bring. I am excited.

Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

How long do I give LP? 2 albums worth, so around 36 months, around 3 more years

lpisbaws

I just finished watching Pink Floyd's documentary, Roger Water said that they spent 7 albums trying to perfect their sound and on then they put out Dark Side of The Moon. I feel that LP is heading on the same path, they are building up for that one album that will blow the world apart. Amen.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

With every album they release, there will be lovers, and there will be haters. Its a way of life.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

I'll give them until PR 2055!

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I refuse to put a bottle on Linkin Park, because I don't want to think of a band as awesome as they are ever having to split up any time soon. I have loved pretty much everything they've put out, and I can't wait to see where they're going to take it next. It's a journey, and frankly, one that I don't want to see ending any time soon.

Hybrid

Great first post, Elaine! Welcome to the LPA! :awesome:

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

But if you put them in the bottle, would that make them a genie? :trollface:

I'm kidding of course. Welcome to the LPA! :D

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Calm down there, Sonic. There's nothing wrong with seeing what other people think of an album. And I really doubt that his sentence actually "pissed you off."

Also, Derek is right when talking about the vocal minority. One of the first things you learn in any statistics class is that there's always a negative bias in these situations. People simply love to bitch.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Sorry. I was in a bad mood. :lol:

EDIT: And I didn't read his sentence properly.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012

I think they can last another 10 years with lots of touring etc. Then they'll slow down but I doubt they'll ever stop making music.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

a lot of people i talk to say they like the old linkin park, i wasn't in my teens when hybrid theory or meteora came out but i loved the old and new Linkin park not because LP are trying to attract to older fans... so therefore it's all about personal taste in music, not what LP are trying to attract.

side note: cool new avatar supersonic and welcome to LPA Elaine :awesome:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
    Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Wow, I'm surprised at the pessimism in this thread. Do people really only give Linkin Park 2 or 3 more years? Harsh.

Though, to be honest, I've been kind of silently concerned that the band is in its twilight, as far as being well-recognized. Of course they will always have the hardcore fans, but I wonder if they will start to fade away from the public eye (in a negative way). As I said in the LP/Radiohead thread, the band is stuck in a rut because they don't want to make the silly pop music that much of their "hardcore" fanbase wants, but they haven't quite made something brilliant yet. I hope this in between they are in doesn't end up hurting them too much.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

As far as I'm concerned I couldn't give 2 Shits whether they stay mainstream or not. I mean I want them to have success and all that but for me its like, who cares. As long as they make bitchin music. The rest of the world is just missing out