Fuck Yes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KICKSTARTER.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	536.3 KB 
ID:	3676

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rocky-palos-ev

So I totally edited this thread to say that a DJ gave my music/ phone number to Amp Live(Plc. 4 Mie Hæd) and a guy that works at Record Plant Studios in Hollywood. ( http://www.recordplant.com/rpstarshots1.html )

So I don't like begging, but for the love of god or no god, please help me!!! Even if it's $1! I'm excited and am losing hair at the same time!!!

Thank you!!!!
    Last edited by Rocky; 02-23-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Steve Perry, you gotta get the fuck out of here Pidgeon's Avatar
    Wow dude that's rad, I'll do what I can

That's pretty fucking awesome man.

I'm going to go ahead and move the thread to Recording Studio though.
    R.I.P. Taylor Weir 1993 - 2013

Runnin this thang / Money insane / Busy getting brain like Krang / What, what's my name in the woods got these people usin' MapQuest / Man, fuck a backpacker

Formerly known as JESEFF.

I think you'd be crazy to spend $10k to use a studio. In this day and age you can build your own for less than that without compromising on sound quality. Buy/build a really nice computer, a nice mic, a nice midi keyboard, and you're set. Even if you don't feel like pirating VSTs you can be under $10k. You'll have this home studio the rest of your life and you can use it whenever you want.

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by travz21 View Post
    I think you'd be crazy to spend $10k to use a studio. In this day and age you can build your own for less than that without compromising on sound quality. Buy/build a really nice computer, a nice mic, a nice midi keyboard, and you're set. Even if you don't feel like pirating VSTs you can be under $10k. You'll have this home studio the rest of your life and you can use it whenever you want.
    The studio won't cost $10k. That's about 2k if I record everything in a week, and I'm playing 90% of the instruments, so I'll be busting my ass. Also, I'm only temporarily living in Los Angeles, so I'm not investing in building a studio yet. The 10k is studio time, mixing/mastering, cd pressing and distribution, all of the BS legal that I have to do, and last but not least, pay my co-producer. I actually pirate all the time lol...that's why I'm practically giving the album away if I get the funds

There's something to be said for bigger studios as well. Bigger studios are going to have access to multiple sets of pre-amps, instruments, amplifiers, etc. They will also typically have treated rooms with the best possible acoustics. Gear is ungoldy expensive when you start getting into higher end stuff. Plus, you also get a hopefully really good engineer. I'm not trying to sway away from the learning to do it yourself thing, because that's how I started and then decided to pursue an education in audio engineering and plan to own my own studio at some point. I just think there is arguments to be made for using a professionally built studio.
    Formerly known as Darkspine Sonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspine Sonic View Post
    There's something to be said for bigger studios as well. Bigger studios are going to have access to multiple sets of pre-amps, instruments, amplifiers, etc. They will also typically have treated rooms with the best possible acoustics. Gear is ungoldy expensive when you start getting into higher end stuff. Plus, you also get a hopefully really good engineer. I'm not trying to sway away from the learning to do it yourself thing, because that's how I started and then decided to pursue an education in audio engineering and plan to own my own studio at some point. I just think there is arguments to be made for using a professionally built studio.
    My friend who is help producing/engineer this album works there, and I swear I have only seen him 1 day since because he loves it there. It's the old Chiquita Banana House.

You have to look at this thing.

http://wavaflow.net/wavaflowstudios/contact-2/

Thread Information