The Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Minus, Feb 16, 2012.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I'd like to see Dwight Howard move to Chicago to play with Rose, that could be an extremely deadly combination. The only way I see Howard moving somewhere is if he could be his usual, selfish self, and Rose is an outstanding passer. Give up Noah, Gibson, and Deng for some role players from the Magic and suddenly the Bulls are the reincarnation of the early 2000s Lakers.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Howard is way overrated. You'd be crazy to give up Noah and Deng. Orlando is winning in spite of Howard, not because of him. They'd be better off benching him.

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Y'all want another blown up Bulls team? Say fuck that, fuck that fuck that.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Knicks got told by Heat, as expected.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

My #10 Marquette beats West Virginia 61-60 and Buzz Williams trolls the WVU student section by two-stepping on the WVU logo. :trollface:

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

If you want to talk about college ball, watch the Rutgers game Thursday against Villanova and look for me in the front row of the student section!

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

I'll try to catch you if I can, man!

And Paul George should've won with that Tron dunk; Evans was very unimpressive with the exception of that two-balls dunk.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

That's the only reason I voted for Evans. Granted, I'm only 18, but never in my life have I seen somebody catch two passes mid-air, over someone, and dunk each ball one at a time. That's pretty incredible. It's getting tougher and tougher to do something unique, but I agree with what Barkley said: let's get a Griffin, James, Howard type dunk contest going with recognizable players. Not since the days of Vince Carter with the Raptors has it been truly outstanding to watch.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Honestly, as far as the Dunk Contest goes, everyone just wants to see LeBron do it. Blake Griffin did it, and while it was impressive, he shouldn't have won over JaVale McGee if we're talking about truly, difficult to do dunks. Dwight Howard did it, but he actually had impressive dunks the first time around and couldn't really match what Nate Robinson did over him the second time around. LeBron needs to join the dunk contest and make something happen.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Lebron will never do it unless he changes. He's too mentally fragile. Why do you think he hasn't done it yet in 9 YEARS?! He's afraid to lose. It's the same reason he disappears when there's pressure.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I couldn't agree more on the whole Lebron issue, but the media and fan hype around him is out of control. He came into the league with comparisons to some of the best to ever play (Jordan and Robertson) when he hasn't one anything substantial, besides a couple of MVP awards. I'm not the biggest Lebron fan, but people need to realize that he is human and will make mistakes or miss some shots. The only problem there is that he believes and lives the hype surrounding him.

jedibeaner

jedibeaner Well-Known Member

Being from LA. I go for the Lakers or Golden State. :X

Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;ZtxM2cSpTVI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtxM2cSpTVI&hd=1[/video]

Here's a Jeremy Lin mix I made in my spare time. Having grown up in SoCal I bleed purple and gold, but I've pretty much been following every Knicks game since Linsanity arrived.

I'm glad that Lin's finally getting an opportunity to shine, being Asian-American myself. After he dropped 30 on UConn at Harvard I was an instant fan.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I was at the game against the Mavericks, up in the nose bleeds, but still there and the energy in the building for this one player was incredible. Not only am I a fan of his on the court magic and charisma, but also the fact that he has an economics degree from Harvard. It gives me some hope that if this whole economics thing doesn't work out for me, maybe I have a shot in the NBA! In all seriousness, though, excellent job on the video. It captures some of Lin's best moments thus far, and I'm sure we'll be seeing much more from him to come.

Also, this is pretty funny:

[video=youtube;zExrVyTX_aw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zExrVyTX_aw[/video]

Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

Haha my co-worker plays this all the time at work. Pretty funny video. Sucks that he's out for the playoffs and the Knicks may be out by the time he gets back.

Anyways, for all the Laker fans out there, here's a video tribute I made dedicated to one of my favorite all-time Lakers, Derek Fisher. Description is down below. Enjoy!

[video=youtube;LOUgXNbVlrc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOUgXNbVlrc&hd=1[/video]

Having played 13 of his 16 NBA seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers, Derek Fisher became a fan favorite and all-time Laker great with a variety of memorable moments displaying his ability to come through in the clutch. When he was sent to the Houston Rockets at this year's trade deadline, it was a shock to most fans across the nation. Although he is now a member of the Oklahoma City Thunder, he was always be a Laker for life. This video captures the entire run of Fisher's career with the Lakers, from being drafted with the 24th pick in the 1996 NBA Draft to winning 5 championships in the purple and gold.

Inspired by the Derek Fisher video tribute edited by Paul Nankivell and played at STAPLES Center prior to the Lakers-Thunder game on March 28th, I decided to make one of my own and expand on the use of Kanye West's "Never Let Me Down" in Nankivell's tribute as a theme for Fisher's will and determination to always make a big play when it mattered. Being a lifelong Laker fan, I had a great time putting this mix together as it took me back through the three-peat I got to experience growing up as well as the team's back-to-back title run in 2009 and 2010. Derek Fisher has always been one of my favorite players and will never be forgotten as a Laker.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Basketball thread! Yes! We exist!

Western Conference: I just want the Clippers to go through. I'm from LA and I'm not a Lakers fan so...

The Spurs aren't going to get anywhere. The Lakers will obviously be a threat (with or without Kobe). I don't see the Mavs getting anywhere.

Realistically? OKC. Obviously. That team is fucking broken.

Eastern Conference: This is where it gets interesting. If the Knicks remain 7th seed, they're getting demolished by the Heat. I'd rather have 8th seed here. Knicks v Bulls seems a lot more interesting and entertaining. Hell, with Howard benched, I can see a turn of events where the Knicks find themselves in the 6th seed position.

I don't really see the Celtics going anywhere during the playoffs. Same with ATL and the Pacers. If it were up to me, I'd like to see the Bulls or the Knicks make it past the conference. Realistically, it's going to be the Bulls or the Heat.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I still have a lot to learn on Basketball, since I've been watching for only a couple of years, like NFL, but it really entertains me. Bad thing is that in my case games are a bit too late at night and I almost always miss the 4th quarter. I started rooting for the Mavs because Nowitzki is in them and he's german and I have a thing on germans :lol:

But now onto business. Mavs have been a bit crap this year, I ALWAYS knew bringing Odom wasn't a good idea (apart from the weak court performance, couldn't also stand the extra camera time for certain "ladies"), I didn't want them to let go of JJ Barea but it happened and well. I don't have much expectation on seeing them too far in the championship this year and I have no idea who could win this time. Thunder looks solid, Bulls look great, certainly Lin's injury took a bit of the magic away, hope he can be back soon, unlike Rubio whose season is already over.

I can't wait for the playoffs, those games are very exciting and I'm sure there will be some prettu tough contenders there, I wanna see some titans clash.

Pedro18

Pedro18 Well-Known Member

I didn't know Lebron was a Linkin Park Fan.

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Depends on how patched up the Bulls will be for a playoff run, but I think everyone outside of the diehards of the other six East teams would love to see another Bulls/Heat Conference Final.

It'll also be another chance to hear "Fuck LeBron!!" chanted in an arena.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

As long as Miami doesn't win the championship I'm happy.

I really want the Clippers to do well, but the team is cursed. An OKC vs Clippers Western Conference final would be fucking awesome.