The Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Minus, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

I just went full-out "betrayed fan" mode and took down my Nash posters and threw all my Suns jerseys on the bed (they were all either Nash or Marion).

I just hope our signings of Goran and Beasley (and probably E-Gordon) work out. But I now know how Cleveland and Boston felt when LeBron and Ray-Ray left to join the enemies. :(

2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

So NY is trying to spin Lin's probable signing with the Rockets as a betrayal... BULLSHIT.

You guys were so "sure" that Lin was going to stay that you allowed him to find his own contract deals so you could match it. Instead of making him your first priority (what other PGs do you have? And really? Felton? Good job on that. Not.), you didn't pay any attention to him at all and secured ridiculously loaded contracts with everyone else. And now you suddenly can't afford Lin? That's YOUR fucking fault.

3. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Hey, that Jason Kidd guy is not THAT bad. I mean, it's not like he'll do something that'll make NY regret signing him and not Jeremy Lin, right? [/DWI]

4. Minus

Ah, Jason Kidd. Just another victim of "Post-Dallas Stress Disorder."

5. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

NY will crash and burn with Melo and Amar'e. Lin is going to be a lot happier in Houston.

6. Minus

We'll see. I haven't paid attention to the Rockets' roster so I gotta see how he'll do chemistry-wise.

7. Fuse

Fuse Member

I don't watch basketball too often and don't pay too much attention but i think that the dallas maverick will suck in the next years.

8. Minus

They won't SUCK, but I don't see them getting past the Playoffs.

To the untrained eye, the Mavs are losing a lot. But they've got an above-decent starting 5 at this point.

Dirk, Kaman, Mayo, Collison, and Jones? Yeah, they've still got a great line-up. Looking at the roster, they're not as deep as I'd like to see (being unbiased, as I'm living in Dallas but not a Mavs fan) but still enough to be competitive in this ridiculous Western Conference.