LPA Monthly Mix-Up February: "Burning In The Skies" Free-For-All

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Get ready to boot up your music production software of choice, and put your skills on the line because it's once again time for...

[​IMG]

FEBRUARY

But first, for those who don't know...

What Is the LPA Monthly Mix-Up?

LPA Monthly Mix-Up is a new and ambitious concept intended to showcase the massive amount of musical talent currently unheard among the Linkin Park fan community. Every month, we here at the LPA will be challenging fans to compete and show off their musical skills, using any and all tools available to them to create their entry. At the conclusion of each competition period, our staff will then go through each entry submitted, and pick our absolute favorite to be featured on the site as the "Winner Of The Month" with the next round of competition starting the moment the winner from the previous month is chosen. To promote fairness, runner ups will also be shown, but only one Linkin Park fan will walk away with the honor of being featured as the "Monthly Winner"

So, How Does It Work? (Official Rules)
    In order to make the contest more interesting and more challenging for those who enter, every month we will be posting a theme that all entrants are required to abide by to be considered for feature on the site. There will be no limitations on key, BPM or length (so go ahead and make a 10 minute entry!), but each submission MUST adhere to the genre (or genres) provided by us to be eligible for the competition.

Users must submit their entry as a reply to the this thread, and may use SoundCloud or YouTube to host their works. All SoundCloud submissions must feature THIS GRAPHIC as the album art, and likewise all YouTube videos must contain the aforementioned graphic in some format with the words "LPASSOCIATION.COM Monthly Mix-Up Entry:" appearing somewhere within the video/soundcloud upload title. This is done to help spread word about the monthly competitions so that more submissions can be made possible.

[Note: Including the above graphic in your submission (as either soundcloud album art, or somewhere in your youtube video) is a requirement. Failure to do so will make your entry unable to be considered in the competition. ALSO IF YOU USE SOUNDCLOUD, PLEASE ENABLE DOWNLOADS OF YOUR TRACK AS WELL AS EMBEDDING.]

ALSO ALL ENTRIES MUST BE COMPLETELY ORIGINAL, AND MAY NOT CONTAIN BACKGROUND MUSIC FROM ANOTHER ARTIST. THIS IS YOUR OWN WORK, APART FROM THE LINKIN PARK VOCALS.

The Linkin Park Association will NOT be providing links to legit instrumentals/multitracks at this time (due to licensing/copyright restrictions), so it is the sole responsibility of the entrants to obtain the files needed to create their entries. It is possible (and very easy) to find these tracks via a search in Google, however; to protect ourselves we will not be hosting these files until we one day hopefully receive permission from Warner Brothers to do so.

How Can I Enter?
    Easy! Just upload your submission to Soundcloud/YouTube following the rules above, and submit it via a reply to this thread. One month from today's date (March 1st, 2012) we will go through every submission and pick our favorite(s) for feature on the front page of the LPA. We encourage everyone to submit their entries (regardless of technical/musical/vocal proficiency) as we really would like this project to become something that every fan feels welcome to become involved in. The staff here all agree that the music community for Linkin Park has for the most part (apart from official competitions) gone completely unnoticed, and this is our way of giving attention to fans out there looking to get their talents heard!

Now That We Have That Out Of The Way...

Our official theme for the month of FEBRUARY is:

Burning In The Skies Free For All

(FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER: YOU PICK WHICH GENRE TO DO!)

We used a contest to make the tempo rise, the LPA Monthly Mix-Up: Burning In The Skies! Yes that's right folks, you read correctly. Using any genre you like (with the exception of mashups), create your own amazing remix of Burning In The Skies for entry in this month's competition. Entries must contain all original music, and may not sample or use the background music of any other artist (although you may use instruments from Burning In The Skies if you wish). The only requirement is that you remix Burning In The Skies. The genre, BPM, length etc...is all yours to choose! We've never done this before, but with February marking the 1 year Anniversary of the BITS music video, we thought there would be no better way to celebrate than making BITS the focus of this month's competition. Here is your chance to show off your true talents, by remixing in a genre you feel most comfortable with: your own. May the best remix win!

This is going to be very interesting. Btw what about the results of the Janurary one?

It's going to be hard remixing this song. The time signature changes throughout.

I'll be skipping this one :p

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Good luck everyone! We hope that this theme will result in a lot of entries!

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Hmmm....it should be all Valentines Day themed!

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I like the idea!

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

There aren't any multilayers for Valentine's day.

Derek

Results now posted. And also, of course it's going to be challenging. You didn't think we'd make it TOTALLY easy did you? ;)

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Ben, I meant the actual holiday, not the song :lol:

True true.

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Looks like this could be another cool month of remixes!

Hoping I might be able to enter this month if I can finish a couple of other projects in time.

Just a quick clarification - even though we have free choice of genre, does it need to adhere strictly to one particular, recognizable genre, or can we inject a mixture of influences/styles? This all seems rather exciting old chaps :)

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Sick theme! Let the creative juices flow.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

This month's theme is trash - gives no one any creative freedom at all.

:trollface:

Derek

Go ahead and go fucking nuts ;).

Classic Sonic

Classic Sonic Active Member

I'm in
    THIS time i read everything so i can't make anything wrong xP
    sry by the way for the last contest

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

And now you pay.........Take it Derek!

Ginger

Ginger Orangutan LPA VIP

Interesting, very interesting.

Classic Sonic

Classic Sonic Active Member

Just asking to the hosters
    Are we allowed to sample stuff like a kick or so of another song like paper planes or stuff?

UncertainSound

UncertainSound Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how this fits in with the rules. I guess it's technically a mashup but the background music is actually my own song that I made myself. There's also a LTGYA ending. I can do something else, though, let me know! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6HB7kALIg8

Yurieff

Yurieff Meow. :3

What is the time signature of the song ? 6/8 in the verses and 4/4 in the chorus or ?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
    UncertainSound

UncertainSound Well-Known Member

3/4 (or 6/8, whichever makes you happy) for verse, 4/4 for chorus. tricky song to mash-up :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.