Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    I'm studying abroad in Europe this semester with a bunch of friends who (somehow) can't stand Linkin Park. Yet I play these remixes and everyone loves them!

Making new LP fans, one LPA Monthly Mix-Up at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by katten_julbrev View Post
    Long time since I made a post here =)
    My submission: http://soundcloud.com/kattenjulbrev/...burning-in-the

Good luck everyone!
    TUNE! Love it.

Well Done.

LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Choco View Post
    My Submission:
    Burning In The Skies (D.W.T.S. Remix 2012)
    Soundcloud Link

Feedback is welcomed
    Returning to this remix for a moment, what I like about this is the feeling the background synths give the chorus when it comes in. It feels very dramatic .
    The LPA is self funded. We support our hosting costs out of pocket and through ads, and although we do not expect our users to donate...any monetary contribution helps.
    To donate towards hosting costs and help support the site, please click on the Donate button below.

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

Quote Originally Posted by Derek The Infamous View Post
    Returning to this remix for a moment, what I like about this is the feeling the background synths give the chorus when it comes in. It feels very dramatic .
    Thanks Derek for the comment.
    Also thanks to all the people who took the time to check out my remix.
    So near the speakers at the moment, so I though I give some comments to rest of the entries.
    @katten_julbrev - I really like the dance interpretation of the mix. Good use of piano at the last bridge
    @theblackdonut - Really good remix man, I like how you did the vocal cutting and implementation throughout the song. Especially like the drop with "deadwood" part.
    @raulgabi - I dig the idea tu cut and distribute parts of the guitar throughout the song, so that really good stuff.
    @Storm - I really liked the industrial sounding beat, and the backing female vocals, I've also found the bridge pretty awesome.

"My pep talk turned into a pep rally." Jason's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackdonut View Post
    Here's my submission: http://soundcloud.com/theblackdonut/...g-in-the-skies

Good luck to all the other participants!
    THIS. IS. GREAT. My favorite by far. And your best entry to date. Amazing.
    To listen to my Monthly Mix-Up "Dance-Pop" Runner Up Entry, CLICK HERE

Formerly jas0n39

Thanks Mr Choco, Jason and everyone who commented about my remix. I appreciate it.

@Jason: Too bad you aren't participating, I loved your BITS dance/pop remix!
    @Mr choco: Great remix! I love the instrumental parts.

My tracks > Click Here

"My pep talk turned into a pep rally." Jason's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackdonut View Post
    Thanks Mr Choco, Jason and everyone who commented about my remix. I appreciate it.
    @Jason: Too bad you aren't participating, I loved your BITS dance/pop remix!
    Thanks man, it just didn't work out for me this month. Every time I sat down I just couldn't get it to come together. Enough about me though. Good luck! You have my vote.

Thanks Mr_Choco for your feedback
    And to theblackdonut, your final version is amazing. Just in the first verse of Mike, IMO his voice is just a little too slow for the beat but other than that really a significant work in the LP remix world.
    By the way, many remixes along these monthly contests are miles better than ALL the "official" ATS remixes, already this month I found 3 or maybe 4 better than official stuff.

Hey guys, Here is my entry: http://soundcloud.com/lukevandall/va...g-in-the-skies
    Went a little nuts on the break,
    Good luck all!

Nice, you got a little bit of glitch in there I see. Welcome to the LPA! Great entry.

If I can suggest one thing though, the vocals seem a little too slow for the beat. If they could be a little faster, they'd ride the beat a lot better. But as of right now, sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Hey guys, Here is my entry: http://soundcloud.com/lukevandall/va...g-in-the-skies
    Good luck all!
    Firstly, welcome the LPA

Secondly, your remix is amazing. No other words for it. My new favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    And to theblackdonut, your final version is amazing. Just in the first verse of Mike, IMO his voice is just a little too slow for the beat but other than that really a significant work in the LP remix world.
    By the way, many remixes along these monthly contests are miles better than ALL the "official" ATS remixes, already this month I found 3 or maybe 4 better than official stuff.
    Thanks for the feedback. I love your remix also, like I said earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Good luck all!
    Damnit Jurgen, you're stealing my chance of winning. Nah just kidding, awesome job man!

I'm kinda asking myself how many in here uses headphones and how many speakers to create/listen
    Me I'm headphone addicted either way. Helps to focus on hidden sounds and get the deepest experience out of the music. And volumes L.O.U.D.

LPA team
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic Sonic View Post
    Awesome job! But, remember, you have to have the MMU graphic as your album art if you want the entry to be valid.

What's a 'Grey Daze'? Classic Sonic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    Awesome job! But, remember, you have to have the MMU graphic as your album art if you want the entry to be valid.
    AW! i everytime forget that
    sry dude!

I'm kinda asking myself how many in here uses headphones and how many speakers to create/listen
    Me I'm headphone addicted either way. Helps to focus on hidden sounds and get the deepest experience out of the music. And volumes L.O.U.D.
    I absolutely will not release anything I remix unless I've done the coveted "earphone test". You can focus so much on the nuances/textures of the song that way.

Exactly. If the earphones are the starting point of your song tho, it is wise to make a stereo test too before defining the mastering complete. You wanna make sure the frequencies are all correct, and some of them such as basses or mid tones -the most- can get a bit out of control in relation of the trademark of headphones you're wearing until you don't understand and literally enter in symbiosis with them.
    The perfect test would be headphones first, stereo/speakers then, and finally in the car if you have a nice set up there.
    I know it was out of topic, was just curious hehe. And thought maybe it can be useful to give some tips to people who are a bit shy in trying doing something or someone who is not sure about a certain sound and can't figure it out, sometimes to change source is the solution.

It's Like I'm Paranoid... m_macdonald's Avatar
    I've been catching up on listening to this month's entries. This is an awesome sounding month! Apart from Keaton's remix (which I mentioned before) a few favourites are: Storm's (awesome, really beautiful in parts, and the soprano... gah! Awesome!), Pyrocity Studios (love the strings, and the bass is cool - reminds me of something from the soundtrack of the first Halo game. Nostalgic!), Mr Choco, TheBlackDonut and katten_julbrev (that is a ridiculously cool remix, reaaally awesome).

I realize there are more entries, but I've listened to them all one after the other and they've sort of mashed together in my brain

Would like to hear an entry from Glen, but he's either busy this month or keeping his mix veeeery quiet until the last moment!

Yes, I agree completely. I do the majority of my work on headphones (though always checking on monitors). I think it's just the way I grew up listening to music. Many producers/mixers will say that headphones don't sound "natural". I think that's probably true for them because, chances are, they grew up listening to music through speakers. For me, headphones do sound natural though, since it's how I've almost always listened to my music! And yes, I get what you mean by the "deepest experience". Wearing headphones sort of surrounds you in the music. As Brad Delson once said, "I like music that's really cinematic, that has a really huge sonic landscape". I think headphones help with that

Quote Originally Posted by jas0n39 View Post
    Count me out this month guys. I've been sick, I've had exams, I work... Just couldn't find the time. Good luck to everyone, look forward to hearing the results.
    Jason, sorry to hear it hasn't worked out for you this month man, that sucks. Hope you're doing better now. You mentioned before that it was your birthday sometime this month. A late/early Happy Birthday to you for whenever it is!

Anyway, I've been juggling a few projects this month, but I'm starting to finish off my remix! Hoping to post it on Tuesday. It's a bit different, and won't be to everyone's taste, but regardless I look forward to getting some feedback on it.
    BundleOfNerves: Mike just comes out of the gates swinging, though.
    Thanks LPA for selecting me as 'Monthly Mix-Up' Winner for:
    October '11 (Dance-Pop), November '11 (Mash-Ups), March '12 (Hip Hop) and November '12 (Castle Of Glass)
    and as a Runner-Up for: July '12 (Burn It Down) and October '12 (I'll Be Gone/Victimized/In My Remains).

Check out a whole host of awesome winners and runners-up right here: http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/...ad.php?t=35375
    To follow more of my music, check out: http://soundcloud.com/m_macdonald

m_macdonald... thank you very much for your opinion on my partner's and my interpretation of this, it means a lot. I do eagerly await your remix after having listened to your past works.

EDIT & P.S: Different is always good.
    Last edited by Storm; 02-27-2012 at 02:27 AM.

Thread Information