LPA Monthly Mix-Up February: "Burning In The Skies" Free-For-All

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

I believe it would. I have very limited music knowledge, but I would venture to say that two "6/4" bars would equal one "6/8" bar. Just simply two halves vs. one whole.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Just confirmed that Reason allows you to change the time structure under the tempo. Just incase you guys need help. Granted though, it does it for the whole song I think.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

FL Studio is the same way. At least I think. I haven't tried changing the time signature throughout a song before.

roBot

roBot Well-Known Member

I like the theme of February!
    BITS has an interesting/difficult structure...
    At this point I have not an idea what way I wanna go... but I will do my best!

btw
    What do you think about a LPA Monthly Mix-Ups Soundcloud Group???

Derek

^^ Nice! We certainly can support that. Also like the soundcloud icon you made, looks very spiffy. :)

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

When I saw the free for all thing, I hoped I'd be able to sample BITS and create an entirely new hip hop track out of it with new vocals and all. But from what I understand I guess that isn't allowed correct? If not I guess I'll take a stab at just making a hip hop remix of the song.

Derek

Yeah we probably should've worded that a bit better. Our apologies. We're not quite ready to allow new vocals yet. Although, we're planning to do a hip-hop month soon which we'll likely allow new vocals so maybe you can do it then? :)

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Nah, in Reason you can change the time signature every bar if you like. Click on the transport track and then time signature in the Automations drop down list. Same for tempo.

Derek

There you have it folks. Bad, to the ass.

obiwanws2

obiwanws2 Well-Known Member

Just built a new computer and got Pro Tools up and running again. That means I will likely take a shot at this.

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

There is something hilariously badass about the way you worded that. We're on here fiddling with time signatures and tempo maps and whatnot, when you step in and are like: "Hi. Just built a computer from scratch. Who's up first, bitches?" I have images of you spending decades in a cave building this super computer from the ground up, and finally unleashing it on the LPA Mix-Up contest :p

Maybe I've read too much into this... or been up too long... Either way, I salute you Ben Kenobi.

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Now this is the best theme so far. I might even consider to partecipate, will see... my inspiration was down the ground these last two weeks and still is...

EDIT, 5 MINUTES LATER: After having being forced to watch an image of a girl embracing and kissing a pig I am downloading the multitrack just in case :p

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
    UncertainSound

UncertainSound Well-Known Member

I'm thinking maybe orchestra now. I honestly have no clue what I'm going to end up doing :p

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Sounds cool lol.

For anyone using FL Studio, I found a nice video on time signature changes:

[video=youtube;wF-gYTkkxcE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF-gYTkkxcE[/video]

Derek

I love how this month has turned into a semi-tutorial month. This is great :lol:.

"LPA Monthly Mix-Up: Where you can hear great music, and learn how to make it too!" haha. Keep it up guys, I think this is wonderful that our community is banding together to help people remix this track! Wish we did this every month.

Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

Good energy in this thread. Feeling the flow. Working it.

obiwanws2

obiwanws2 Well-Known Member

Ha, actually, I was planning to scrap together my old computer to use it for recording once I got some new drives and a Radeon card, but it turns out the one I just built works just fine for recording. Core i7 oc'ed to 4.5 ghz and 16GB of DDR-2133 will do that apparently. Too bad I am stuck using an original Mbox though. My Digi002 Rac hac been broken for like 3 years. But anyway, you taking my post like that makes me seem epicly cooler than I actuall am. So, please, continue doing so.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Really not sure if I'm allowed to enter, but since I haven't done a mix in a while, figured I'd do it anyway. Also gives me a reason to finally make a Soundcloud account.

Submission: http://soundcloud.com/keatonhashimoto/burning-in-the-skies-mix-by-keaton

YAY FOR PARTICIPATION!

Btw, nice to see this still going and that people are getting a bit more involved in helping each other out. Keep up the good work, folks. :)

Derek

The way I look at it is that you are no longer staff...thus making you a member of the general forum public and eligible for consideration in voting for the final winner. After all, we don't vote winners based off of who we're friends with, we based off of which sounds the best and what is the most technologically proficient.

So you're every bit as welcome to enter. If you win/get placed in the top picks, it will be because we found your remix great, not because you're former staff. So enter away sir. :)

By the way, awesome remix. Love the alterations to Mike's vocals.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

You only said that because he is former staff.

Not really, that's quite the interesting remix Keaton, I like it, and as Derek, lovin' the alterations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.