Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar

Mike Talks About "The Raid", Suggests "Mid 2012" Album Release Date

In a recent interview with HitFlix concerning his score for the Indonesian Martial-Arts film "The Raid", Mike Shinoda gave more details regarding his work on the score, and even suggested that the new Linkin Park album could be out as early as Mid-2012. You can watch the video here.

What makes this video extra exciting (beyond the extra information on The Raid) is that while many fans had already speculated an album was due for release this year, the latter statement is the first time a band member has actually stated that the band intends to release the record this year. Perhaps what's even more interesting, is the fact that Mike expects the album to be out by "mid-2012". Could this mean an album out before/around Rock Am Ring 2012? Only time will tell!

Feel free to sign up and express your thoughts on this in our forums.

Source: HitFlix via murphyLP
    The LPA is self funded. We support our hosting costs out of pocket and through ads, and although we do not expect our users to donate...any monetary contribution helps.
    To donate towards hosting costs and help support the site, please click on the Donate button below.

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

I can't wait to hear The Raid score!

Quote Originally Posted by Derek The Infamous View Post
    In a recent interview with HitFlix concerning his score for the Indonesian Martial-Arts film "The Raid", Mike Shinoda gave more details regarding his work on the score, and even suggested that the new Linkin Park album could be out as early as Mid-2012. You can watch the video here.

What makes this video extra exciting (beyond the extra information on The Raid) is that while many fans had already speculated an album was due for release this year, the latter statement is the first time a band member has actually stated that the band intends to release the record this year. Perhaps what's even more interesting, is the fact that Mike expects the album to be out by "mid-2012". Could this mean an album out before/around Rock Am Ring 2012? Only time will tell!

Feel free to sign up and express your thoughts on this in our forums.

Source: HitFlix via murphyLP
    All of this is !

I'm thinking either....

A.) Album released before Rock AM or... B.) Album released sometime after Rock AM and the concerts leading up to the release will be for promoting a single and the album.

Hope this doesn't come to bite Mike in his ass later as it did with all the album "release" guesses we got with A Thousand Suns.
    Last edited by Dusty; 01-25-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I can't wait to hear The Raid score!
    Me too. I felt guilty focusing so much on the release date in this post, because I know The Raid will be just as good. People are raving over Mike's score and I for one will be seeing this the minute it drops in theaters. I'm pumped.

Yeeeeaaaaaahhhhh, son!
    It begins

I can't wait to hear the new album!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mike didn't even come across as tentative about it, he was straight up "It's fucking simple, bitch. We droppin' tour dates on the domain right now and that motherfuckin' new album, I shit you not, will fuck you in the face mid-2012".

Standing on the wall / Laughing at suns & guns Faint into Pieces's Avatar
    This is incredible news!!! Please Mike, follow through with your words!!

Mike didn't even come across as tentative about it, he was straight up "It's fucking simple, bitch. We droppin' tour dates on the domain right now and that motherfuckin' new album, I shit you not, will fuck you in the face mid-2012".
    Was that an exact quote sir?

Ntr/Mssion
    remember me? i guessed the album would be out by their performance in June

now, i don't usually buy movie soundtracks or scores but this will be an exception!!! I love martial arts movies!!!!!!

Sexy in a really weird way Pidgeon's Avatar
    Can't wait for lp to face fuck me. . . Wait

That my friend, is sig worthy!

EDIT: And... Done!
    Last edited by Dusty; 01-25-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Ntr/Mssion
    \,,/(-_-)\,,/

Ntr/Mssion
    *gasp* MY GRADUATION GIFT COULD BE THE NEW ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMMA HYPERVENTILATE! SCREW A CAR I WANT THE NEW ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The blood of innocence burning in the skies murphyLP's Avatar
    Pretty much...haha
    Im so pumped!!! I was excited about The Raid score but now...knowing that a new song may be released in 3 months or so!!! Let the madness begin!!!
    I am not the fortune and the fame or the same person telling you to 'forfeit the game' ...

Quote Originally Posted by lpkilljoy View Post
    *gasp* MY GRADUATION GIFT COULD BE THE NEW ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMMA HYPERVENTILATE! SCREW A CAR I WANT THE NEW ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *Hands you a paperbag* Relax sir.

Cheetas strapped to space rockets. VorteXLP's Avatar
    I think this is the best news of 2012 so far. Mid-2012 is like May/June. That should mean single in April/May, and teasers starting in March?
    Attended A Thousand Suns World Tour on October 26th 2010 in Dortmund, Germany [+M&G]

Extremely H! Vltg3 danielpsoad-09's Avatar
    Awesome news! Can't wait

Shows attended:
    ✓ 09.10.2010 Club Hpico, Santiago, Chile - Maquinaria Festival (LPU M&G)
    ✓ 28.02.2011 US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ - North American Tour (Backstage Tour & LPU M&G)
    ✓ 05.10.2012 Estadio G.E.B.A., Buenos Aires, Argentina - South American Tour
    12.08.2014 PNC Music Pavillion, Charlotte, NC - Carnivores Tour

Score!

Just watching the vid now.

Thread Information