"It's a Good Mix of Old and New" Linkin Park Talk New Album in Kerrang!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

That's pretty much what I wrote just in an alternative formula and clear as only Derek can be :D

EDIT: And the only thing I'm hoping for is to have Mike rapping, dunno how, but just do it 'cause I could melt into his voice, that's half of LP's soul and I'm glad rap is his passion and not a feeling of being "forced" to do it 'cause his talent is magnificent, his verses are always meaningful and it just adds to the song something unique.
    Hell, if I Have Not Begun was a full mastered and perfectioned song I'd be happy to get that ammount of words in a single song. When They Come For Me was The change about lenght of verses.
    It's not only healthy for the album, but it is for the live performance as well, as when he starts, the whole stage seems to gain motion through him.

I hope this didn't sound like an infatuation :/

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  2. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

I'm sure Mike do miss rapping on their albums. He do have a nice singing voice but I'm sure he'll be more happier when he pulls out his rapping hat and let it out! lol

3. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Eh, I kind of like how they the rapping kind of understated these days, like, down to a minimum. :) It was definitely quality over quantity on the last couple of albums to me

4. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Good way of looking at it! +2.:awesome:

5. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Nice to hear that they're going good in progress

6. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

How to Piss Off EVERYONE

Fan Group 1: WE WANT DA OLD LP BAK!!11!11!

Fan Group 2: LP's new stuff is superior. We don't want Hybrid Theory Part 3.

Troll Linkin Park: The new album is a mix of old and new.

[thumb]http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/mother-of-god-meme.jpg[/thumb]

7. Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

im i huge lp fan from INDIA and have been down with them since HT.ive liked the way they r evolving and i dont think they themselves would revert back so easily...i mean they themselves have grown up as musicians and always try to please us with some new music and we should appreciate that instead of arguing about old or new LP. All we can do is wait for the album and hope for the best and i know that we wont be disappointed.
    Ive learned one thing from LP " Always expect the unexpected from them." and i like that they are unpredictable. i like it when i feel like im gonna get something totally unexpected. Lp is and will always be the best.

8. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Indeed, but FortMinor is quantity/quality at high levels either. I just hope it doesn't reduce at MTM level of rap, like 2 songs of 12. ATS is satisfying because everybody wanted to hear him singing more (me included) after that collaboration he did and No Roads Left, and the two/three rap parts are phenomenal, just I dream of like half the album being rap, even in alternative ways such as Waiting for the End, or aggressive as Second to None, just More. ^^

EDIT: I didn't mean half album COMPLETELY rap, if not with rap elements of course.

9. sian

sian YNWA

I love hybrid theory it was first album i got and seen them live in 2001 i also love ATS and im not gonna start judging the new album by what the band have said about it so far ill just wait till it comes out i listen to it then ill decied what i think of the new album

10. lpkilljoy

lpkilljoy Well-Known Member

i'd like a reverse Blackbirds; Mike sings and Chester raps. and/or Mike AND Chester rap verses with the whole band singing the chorus/bridge.

i just would like to hear Chester rap and Mike sign :D even if Mike doesn't rap and Chester doesn't scream

11. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Wasn't Blackout pretty much that?

12. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

I know I said this before but I really want a song where Mike raps the verses and sings the chorus.

That would be the shit.

13. Tihilp92

Tihilp92 Well-Known Member

Cant wait for new album !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rastamike:

14. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Hahaha says it all right there.
    LP fans are so fickle you can't please anyone. I'm definatly in the minority here that is delighted by this news. I loved the old LP style yet I love the new one two. Having a comination of both is really exciting. This album sounds like it'll definatly be LP's "Hail to the Theif" and for me that is a very enticing thought as that was my favourite Radiohead album.

15. DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

I disagree.

Sometimes making or having boundaries forces you to have to become more creative. Limitations make one have to think and utilize more of what they know, or don't know, to achieve a result.

16. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

I agree with you here, in the sense that it can sometimes be useful, from a creative standpoint, to impose boundaries and limitations to push yourself to new heights. For example, I imagine at some point during the ATS creation period, the band said: "Let's make something heavy, but we're not allowed to use guitars to do it. Let's see what we can come up with!"

However, I think you also need to know when to abandon these limitations if they have fulfilled their purpose and they no longer serve the song. For example, if you'd tried everything else, and you knew fine that this particular song would be brilliant if there was a sudden, aggressive burst of heavy guitars here, you wouldn't ignore that and say "Oh no, but the imaginary rule in my head says I can not do that!" Suddenly the limitations start to lose their purpose.

I agree with you mostly, but it's just a case of balance and common sense I suppose. I would say rule Number 1 is: "Let's make something that sounds good!" and rule Number 2 would be: "Let's experiment by limiting ourselves... but only if it sounds good!"

17. DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

Pretty much this.

I wonder what there creative state of mind was on MTM? I almost wish there was more risks taken in some of those songs. That's the case when boundaries should have been pushed a little more imo.

Tbh, ATS does feel a little disjointed with all of its experimentation. To hear that they're comfortable and possibly utilizing old ideas, leads me to believe it will be the best, most balanced record to date. :)

18. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

[youtube]8cfg75507sQ[/youtube]

19. 19nacho19

19nacho19 Banned

we need a song of chester raping and mike singing the chorus and screaming xD

20. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Then there will be an actual rapist in Linkin Park. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.