Linkin Park in Kerrang! Magazine 2012 Album Preview Special

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    colinreid

colinreid Well-Known Member

This keeps getting better and better

A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

i agree

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I got the same feeling about that...

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Eek! It's coming tomorrow! Can't wait! Wish they put side by side of LP. One when they first started and 10 years later......*giggles* I hope I don't forget to get it.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

They're on the cover because they're a big band that fit the theme for the issue. Big band on your mag cover = more sales.

Put it this way, if LP announced tomorrow that they had just finished the album and were sending it off for mixing & mastering, it would be about 3 or 4 months before we could get out hands on it.

But - Phoenix only said some songs are almost finished (as per Ree's summary). So it sounds like they've still got a few months writing ahead, + 4 months for mixing, mastering, mass production, distribution. I'm sticking to late '12 at the earliest.

I'm inclined to think it'll be something like that. If they had actual info they'd surely be advertising it as an "exclusive scoop", again, it would bump sales.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

The article will totally say something along the lines of:
    "The album is now available to purchase in stores and online - and we're no longer a band."

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Linkin Park - The Messenger II

Still feeling alone
    Wanting the same old same thing
    I'm becoming depressed by all your gripes

It's time to let go
    Stop the bitching
    There'll never be
    A Hybrid Theory
    Part Three

Meteora was enough
    Same old sounding stuff
    The same old stuff

You waited so long
    It took over four years
    Minutes To Midnight broke your heart

A Thousands Suns pissed you off
    I hate to break to you
    Album five won't be Hybrid Theory
    Part three

Meteora was enough
    Same old sounding stuff

Meteora was enough
    Same old sounding stuff

Ooooold Ooooold!
    Ooooold Ooooold!
    Ooooold Ooooold!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
    Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

HAHA :awesome: how about NUMB 2.0 ?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Thank you! You actually took time to look at the facts and I appreciate that :lol:. To everyone else who happens to believe WIKIPEDIA RUMORS: There is absolutely no evidence in hand that the album will be released before Rock Am Ring, and as time goes on its becoming increasingly unlikely that we'll see this before the fall if not early 2013. Look at it this way, Phoenix said last week that they're still writing and that it's too early to know what the album will totally sound like. To me that sounds like they're only 50% done with writing the album, at best. They haven't even entered the mixing/mastering stage yet so why would they master (or create a title for) an album that isn't even near completion? That Wikipedia article is a lie. Assuming by pure luck they finish writing and recording next month, as Moridin correctly pointed out they still have to mix the album, master the cd for production, shoot a video, title the album, create the album art/style, and promote it. We're talking 5-6 months there alone. So assuming they finish writing next month, we still got August/September at the earliest. Any news report concerning album release dates is speculation at this point, unless the band confirms it themselves. Hell we've even been guilty of posting speculation (HOT 99.5 article), but as the post said...it was unconfirmed, and that's how all rumors should be treated going forward: unconfirmed.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

This. But We'll just wait and see if what would be the article tells us about the album progress by tomorrow..

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I think this is true as long as they are with Warner or just simply signed to someone. Otherwise no one could say they release at surprise something when you don't expect.
    I might be wrong, but that's what I think. Warner forces them to do publicity at some point -I suppose.

Derek

It might not even be anything new about the next album. It could just be them talking about how excited they are to go back on tour, and saying "yeah the album is going good" and that's it. :lol:

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Denial! They're going to say: "Joe and Phi are such good singers, no more Bennoda for this album! We're going to play triangles and look pretty! Trust us, we know what we're doing!" :lol:

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Well if they were going for an online only release they could literally make an announcement like "Hey, we finished mixing and mastering the new album yesterday... the release date... TOMORROW", because they wouldn't have to produce literally millions of copies & ship them all over the world.

Heh, cue collective LPA "FUUUUUUUUUU"

Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

can you feel it coming? the buzz is starting again. I think Moridin put it best with his post. I`m assuming that there will be a line that says something like, "the Band is currently in the Studio writing their Follow-Up Record to 2010`s " A Thousand Suns", which saw the Band take a dramatic shift in their Sound". Anything else is just unreal. Not trying to be a bummer here, but just as Derek said: Late 2012/Early 2013 is the earliest with mixing and such still coming up for the boys.

Anyways, i`m excited for Rock am Ring, got my Ticket last Christmas and i`m pretty stoked about that.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Im so exited. And I just cant hide it. :awesome:

Derek

The buzz is definitely starting, and we can't wait for it. We're going to do everything we can to try and make sure our site can handle the traffic explosion this time around :lol:.

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

That's what I meant. As long as they are signed I doubt they can release an album just like that... Freedom of art = Banned with industry law.

Nicotine

Nicotine Banned

I hope this album is an improvement on most of ATS.

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

I think everyone here would agree with you in the sense that, every time a new Linkin Park album comes out, we all hope it will be even better than the last one. We all hope that Linkin Park's albums will get progressively better. Even people like myself, who love ATS, still hope the next one will be an improvement. That's a natural wish for a fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.