Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 111
  1. #1
    LPA VIP Ron Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Marquette, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    921

    Body Transformations

    A lot of us are unhappy with our self image and its hard to change that. Is it an impossible task? Obviously, no. Changing your body takes on mental and physical anguish.

    Obesity is unfortunately not that uncommon these days. It makes you feel fatigued, unattractive, etc.... But once you reach a certain goal your feeling of self accomplishment is like none other. Your endorphins hit hard and even your personality changes (for the better.)

    I'd like for some of you to tell your story of your past met goals or current that are being tended to. I know psychologically when you read other stories of success it inspires you. Feel free to post before and after pictures.




    Me:

    Currently I'm 194 pds. (started at 252) and working towards 160ish-170ish. Lucky for me I loose weight quickly. But I can gain it just as fast if I binge eat. I'm inspired by music (It's my driving force.) I keep a mental picture in my head of what my body Will look like. Im avoiding heavy carbs; i'm eating carbs at most twice a day. Lean meats and veggies is what fills my plate the most. I work out two times a day. Strength training 3 times a week. Thats my story....whats yours. Ill post pics with results in a while.
    Castle of Glass is my all time favorite song. ATS is my all time favorite album. I also enjoy long walks on the beach and am an Aries.



  2. #2
    LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    39,392
    Post photos son! I will definitely be contributing to this once I get to my ideal weight however.
    The LPA is self funded. We support our hosting costs out of pocket and through ads, and although we do not expect our users to donate...any monetary contribution helps.
    To donate towards hosting costs and help support the site, please click on the Donate button below.



    Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

  3. #3
    head full of bubblegum Amberiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    339
    I changed from 209 pounds to 141. It took quite some time, means - some years. I was never really keen on sports, so it's not like I would have excercised a lot to loose weight. I guess I just controlled what to eat, although I never abstained from eating. I never starved or something. I still want to loose 11 pounds, I started to excercise recently, so I hope that's going to help.
    Last edited by Amberiel; 11-13-2011 at 01:18 AM.
    "Don't ignore who it's for at the end of the night."

    ______________________________________
    “Wash the poison off my skin...show me how to be whole again.”

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoeLinkingal View Post
    I think some people are just like that. Always hearing but never listening.
    _______________________________________
    Married to Xero21

  4. #4
    LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    39,392
    Your weight loss has always inspired me greatly Anne, it's in the back of mind when I have days where I don't feel like I can continue. It's unbelievable what you did .

  5. #5
    Muscle Museum travz21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,679
    I'm pretty much the opposite of this. I'm about 5'10'' and 145, used to be 155 when I was in good shape a few years back, and my goal is 160-165 now. When I get lazy and lose ambition I start losing weight because of how amped up my metabolism is. I need to make sure I eat enough or else I run into problems.

    I'm not terribly upset with how I look now, but I know I'm not in shape and I'm not very healthy. I feel like shit and get self-conscious now and then when I think of my goals. I've been saying for months that I'm finally going to take working out seriously, but I haven't made that push yet. I've just been half-assing it for awhile, which has basically just maintained my current scrawny form.

    I kind of feel like a little bitch posting this here compared to the struggles other people have, but I like connecting with others that I know also need that determination and mental toughness to reach their goals. Those people inspire me. Good luck to everyone who posts in here and I'm looking forward to you reaching your goals and seeing some sexy pics.

  6. #6
    LPA VIP Ron Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Marquette, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by Puresque View Post
    I changed from 209 pounds to 141. It took quite some time, means - some years. I was never really keen on sports, so it's not like I would have excercised a lot to loose weight. I guess I just controlled what to eat, although I never abstained from eating. I never starved or something. I still want to loose 11 pounds, I started to excercise recently, so I hope that's going to help.
    Attachment 3183Attachment 3184

    Wow I had no idea! Thats fantastic Anne! You're so thin now! Thanks for sharing this. Very inspirational!

  7. #7
    LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    39,392
    Trav21, you have to look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if the way you look is how you want to be for the rest of your life. That's what it took for me to finally wake up. Sometime about two months ago, I was at 240 and I looked in the mirror and was just seriously disgusted with myself. I didn't feel sexy, I didn't feel healthy (I was sluggish and just the slightest amount of exertion made me short of breath) and I was extremely depressed. I didn't know what to do, and then I saw my uncle had lost about 60 pounds going on this one diet. I was so impressed with the way he looked that I decided to try it, and I'm thankful I did so. I'm now at about 214-217 (having lost at least 20 pounds) and I look the best I have in years. I've started mountain biking and going for walks at work, and I know that what I'm doing has saved my life.

    With you, you have to gain weight...get healthier, but it's the same concept. Do you want to die early (like I was on the path to do) or live a long healthy life? Choice is yours. We have your back here if you start weight lifting!

  8. #8
    LPA VIP Ron Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Marquette, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    921
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Superskinny.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	3185Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fattest.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	3186Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skinny.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	3187


    Ok so the first one is what I was originally. (In Scottsdale,Az)

    Second one FAT FAT FAT. (In the GrandCayman Islands)

    Third is the best shot I have of a current body picture. (At home )


    More to come folks....

  9. #9
    LPA VIP Ron Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Marquette, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by travz21 View Post
    I'm pretty much the opposite of this. I'm about 5'10'' and 145, used to be 155 when I was in good shape a few years back, and my goal is 160-165 now. When I get lazy and lose ambition I start losing weight because of how amped up my metabolism is. I need to make sure I eat enough or else I run into problems.

    I'm not terribly upset with how I look now, but I know I'm not in shape and I'm not very healthy. I feel like shit and get self-conscious now and then when I think of my goals. I've been saying for months that I'm finally going to take working out seriously, but I haven't made that push yet. I've just been half-assing it for awhile, which has basically just maintained my current scrawny form.

    I kind of feel like a little bitch posting this here compared to the struggles other people have, but I like connecting with others that I know also need that determination and mental toughness to reach their goals. Those people inspire me. Good luck to everyone who posts in here and I'm looking forward to you reaching your goals and seeing some sexy pics.

    Sorry to double post here but, trav, I want to hear that side of the story as well. I'm really good with nutrition. It's 90% nutrition and 10% workout. Believe me. If you ever need help in gaining let me know. We all feel insecure at points but with dedication and a fucking awesome attitude you can achieve it.

  10. #10
    My perversion power is accumulating babie boi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dubai, India
    Posts
    6,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carlson View Post
    Sorry to double post here but, trav, I want to hear that side of the story as well. I'm really good with nutrition. It's 90% nutrition and 10% workout. Believe me. If you ever need help in gaining let me know. We all feel insecure at points but with dedication and a fucking awesome attitude you can achieve it.
    Agreed. It's all about attitude. Once I dedicated myself, the dieting and working out wasn't really that hard. As cheesy as it sounds, nothing is hard when you wake up every day oozing with confidence and determination.

    And congrats all around on the weight loss, guys.

  11. #11
    Muscle Museum travz21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,679
    I used to run a lot and lift lots of reps with lighter weights when I was around 18 and still in high school. Was on the cross country team and basketball team. I've always been naturally athletic and I was lucky to be born with a slender body. But my first year of college I didn't really do much and didn't gain any weight, but lost a lot of my muscle. I turned into the typical skinny/pudgy kid. That was the worst year for me really. Since then I've been lifting pretty regularly and still playing sports, but I only put forth about 50% of my effort when I'm not in a competitive environment. There's always that barrier holding me back from really breaking through and getting in that stellar shape I know I can get in.

    I did do a 3 month course of P90X 2 years ago, and I did gain quite a bit of muscle in places I didn't even know I could gain, but since then I haven't been serious about getting in shape.

    What's worse is that my diet is horrendous. I'm eating only about 2,000 calories. Some days less. And a lot of that is just calorie dense foods in 2 meals a day. When I'm working out 100% I need around 4,000. It's just hard to eat healthy and take in that many calories, so I usually end up getting burnt out from all the extra effort of planning meals, shopping, cooking, etc. I'm a pussy.

    I just have some big mental block that doesn't let me keep a workout/diet schedule. I make up really good plans, do them for a week, and then get lazy and quit. I do this probably 2 or 3 times a year. It's like I'm afraid of truly succeeding. It's hard to know the real reason. I live an emotionally consistent (or void) life with no depression, but I just keep underachieving. I would love to stick to a plan and follow through. The worst part is that I know how lucky I am compared to other people and how little time I would need to put in to reach my goal, but I'm just not as mentally strong as you guys and many people in general when it comes to that kind of stuff.

    I just need that wake up call that makes me realize that I really, really want to do this and that it will be so rewarding once I'm there. Talking with people as strong as you guys inspires me a ton, I just need to harness that feeling even when I'm feeling down and use it to get to where I want to.
    Last edited by travz21; 10-24-2011 at 01:16 AM.

  12. #12
    >.<
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,408
    I'm 21 years old, 230 pounds and I'm 6'2. I need to lose a lot of weight, I'm not in the obese range but I am in the overweight range. Last week I started going to the gym, I'm going to push myself each week. My hardest goal is to stop drinking soda/energy drinks and stop eating so much junk food. The soda/energy drinks are what make me gain the most weight, I thought it would be easy to just only drink water but it wasn't. I have short black hair (currently a small mohawk) and I have decent size holes in my ear (5/8 of an inch, used to be at 7/8 of an inch) and a good majority of my body is tattooed. That's pretty much me in a nutshell. I want to lose weight and get more ink done.

  13. #13
    LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    39,392
    Geki, pick up a book called The 17 Day Diet by a Dr. Moreno. I haven't followed it 100% to the tee, but I have eaten the foods it recommends (while cutting out high calorie, high carb, and high sugar foods) and I've dropped a significant amount of weight in just two months. Make sure to eat Flintstones Gummies while on the diet (best multivitamin out there believe it or not) and you'll be good. Also take up a hobby like biking, or walking...something that guarantees at least 17-20 minutes of exercise a day and you'll be good. It's also important you drink at least 6 8oz glasses of water a day (or 48 oz of water) if you start any diet, as staying hydrated will guarantee your body burns fat properly. Good luck!

  14. #14
    LPA VIP Ron Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Marquette, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek The Infamous View Post
    Geki, pick up a book called The 17 Day Diet by a Dr. Moreno. I haven't followed it 100% to the tee, but I have eaten the foods it recommends (while cutting out high calorie, high carb, and high sugar foods) and I've dropped a significant amount of weight in just two months. Make sure to eat Flintstones Gummies while on the diet (best multivitamin out there believe it or not) and you'll be good. Also take up a hobby like biking, or walking...something that guarantees at least 17-20 minutes of exercise a day and you'll be good. It's also important you drink at least 6 8oz glasses of water a day (or 48 oz of water) if you start any diet, as staying hydrated will guarantee your body burns fat properly. Good luck!
    Flintstone Gummies the best? Could you please provide some research. That just seems odd to me.

  15. #15
    LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    39,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carlson View Post
    Flintstone Gummies the best? Could you please provide some research. That just seems odd to me.
    It's a matter of choice. Chewable vitamins (gummies etc) are marketed for kids but also preferred by adults because they are a lot easier to ingest then the pill form which is why some dr's recommend it. Of course because of the sugars and filling that is involved, their potency isn't as high so as as a result they aren't very strong. That's why the bottle says for adults to take TWO a day as opposed to one. With the pill form, they're good because the potency is higher but due to their size and hard shell they're very hard to swallow. They also do not allow the flexibility of dosing that liquids and powders would because they cannot be broken. As always, vitamins don't replace a healthy diet, and should only be used to supplement rather than replace. Right now I drink a protein drink with vitamins in it (I don't take any vitamin gummies) and I feel okay and don't feel like I'm missing anything, but I did take two flintstone gummies a day (as recommended by that diet book) for the first month and it helped a lot.

  16. #16
    LPA VIP Ron Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Marquette, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek The Infamous View Post
    It's a matter of choice. Chewable vitamins (gummies etc) are marketed for kids but also preferred by adults because they are a lot easier to ingest then the pill form which is why some dr's recommend it. Of course because of the sugars and filling that is involved, their potency isn't as high so as as a result they aren't very strong. That's why the bottle says for adults to take TWO a day as opposed to one. With the pill form, they're good because the potency is higher but due to their size and hard shell they're very hard to swallow. They also do not allow the flexibility of dosing that liquids and powders would because they cannot be broken. As always, vitamins don't replace a healthy diet, and should only be used to supplement rather than replace. Right now I drink a protein drink with vitamins in it (I don't take any vitamin gummies) and I feel okay and don't feel like I'm missing anything, but I did take two flintstone gummies a day (as recommended by that diet book) for the first month and it helped a lot.
    Ive been researching nutrition since I was 16 and just never came across this. Sounds like sound advice.I have a hard time swallowing pills so I think I will go this route. I know it doesnt have as many vitamins as the pill form but a lot of the time you just end up peeing out half of the vitamins in them anyways. Plus the sugars in them are very little and wont do much harm in the fat burning process. So ketosis should still kick in. I shall pick up some! Thanks

  17. #17
    MEE† ∆† L∆KE $pvcxGhxztCasey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,886
    I moved out in January, I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and discovered I've lost exactly 40lbs. I'm down to a lean and mean 230lbs, which I'm happy with. Of course, the way I went about losing the weight wasn't ideal, which is not eating for a day or two (no money), then eating small meals once a day when I do. My stomach has shrunk so incredibly small that a tiny hamburger from like, Burger King, will fill me up and probably make me sick as well. Smoking cigarettes when you're hungry helps, too.

    This is the self-destructive diet plan. A lot of things contributed to it, it wasn't out of choice. I didn't just up and decide one day that I want to stop eating. It just happened. I never felt attractive, or whatever, then I moved out and lost my girlfriend, got depressed, got another girlfriend, cheated on me with my roommate, and that's when it all reallyyy went downhill (or up?)

  18. #18
    Banned Dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    18,876
    I was around 200lbs last year and I'm down to around 180. 200 wasn't as bad as it might sound though considering that I'm pretty tall and have a big frame anyway. All I have to do now is get cut and I'm more or less done.

  19. #19
    LPA VIP Ron Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Marquette, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by F-ck Casey View Post
    I moved out in January, I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and discovered I've lost exactly 40lbs. I'm down to a lean and mean 230lbs, which I'm happy with. Of course, the way I went about losing the weight wasn't ideal, which is not eating for a day or two (no money), then eating small meals once a day when I do. My stomach has shrunk so incredibly small that a tiny hamburger from like, Burger King, will fill me up and probably make me sick as well. Smoking cigarettes when you're hungry helps, too.

    This is the self-destructive diet plan. A lot of things contributed to it, it wasn't out of choice. I didn't just up and decide one day that I want to stop eating. It just happened. I never felt attractive, or whatever, then I moved out and lost my girlfriend, got depressed, got another girlfriend, cheated on me with my roommate, and that's when it all reallyyy went downhill (or up?)

    Congrats on loosing 40 pds. Thats incredible but that stress causing you to loose weight was not good. You could have future issues with your body by doing that. But the honest truth, your story is close to mine (my past story.) Its pretty much what I did to. I used to be able to eat 2 super sized Mcdonalds fries (when they still had the supersize option) and two double quarter pounders. I lost a bunch of weight in a short amount of time (stress) and when I tried eating normal again a regular cheese burger would fill me WAY up. Be good to your body. You only have one afterall. You need some coping skills sounds like.

  20. #20
    MEE† ∆† L∆KE $pvcxGhxztCasey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carlson View Post
    Congrats on loosing 40 pds. Thats incredible but that stress causing you to loose weight was not good. You could have future issues with your body by doing that. But the honest truth, your story is close to mine (my past story.) Its pretty much what I did to. I used to be able to eat 2 super sized Mcdonalds fries (when they still had the supersize option) and two double quarter pounders. I lost a bunch of weight in a short amount of time (stress) and when I tried eating normal again a regular cheese burger would fill me WAY up. Be good to your body. You only have one afterall. You need some coping skills sounds like.
    Yeah, I've quit all my recreational drugs, taking medication for my anxiety and depression, and I'm seeing a therapist. I've got it sorted out, I just hope my weight doesn't ballon back up. As it stands right now, I still don't have much of an appetite but I make myself eat anyway. I'm taking Bupropion, and I have to eat when I take it or I'll get sick, so there's that. And Cymbalta after I eat dinner, but I usually just take it around dinner time if I don't eat.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •