This year’s metal & rock releases.

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Will, May 15, 2003.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I believe that this year metal and rock are going to completely obliterate every musical genre that exists. I have a strong feeling that the heavy music genre is going to top the charts. We’ll start with May 20th, next Tuesday, and work our way from there. May 20th expects to see releases from Deftones, Powerman 5000, and Staind. June 17th promises an album from Finger Eleven. In August we can expect to hear Adema’s new album; and in September, Hoobastank’s new album. During the summer we can expect to be treated to a 3-song demo from Simplistic, and in the fall we can expect albums from Sevendust and P.O.D. Later in the year promises albums from Dry Cell, TRUSTcompany, 30 Seconds To Mars, Sinch, Limp Bizkit, Puddle Of Mudd, possibly Breaking Benjamin and possibly Trapt. Now, don’t quote me on any of this because I may be wrong. But I do have a strong feeling that rock is going to reclaim its throne this year, especially with the kickass Sanitarium and OZZfest tours slated for late Summer.

Edit: Ah, I forgot about one of my favorite bands, Deadsy. Rumor has it that they’re working on their sophomore album Phantasmagore. That should be awesome as well. And we may also get to hear new music from bands like KoRn and Papa Roach, but that’s just me.

Edit #2: Again, I forgot a couple bands. We could possibly hear new music from 12 Stones, Drowning Pool, and Flaw. And possibly Nickelback. Let’s just say that rock is going to pummel rap and pop this year, without a doubt.

Edit #3: I’ve shamed metal and rock fans everywhere. I forgot about Metallica! Haha, St. Anger drops June 10th (thanks Magick).

Edit #4: And we can also expect something from Static-X as well.

sup103

sup103 Ambient

30 Seconds to Mars is releasing a new album? That would be freakin awesome.

Will

Possibly. I’m sure they’ve been working on a new album.

Magick

Magick Ambient

Don't forget about Metallica's St. Anger June 10. ;)

Also, Lollapalooza (sp?) is making its return this year, too.

sup103

sup103 Ambient

Staind and Metallica and TRUSTcompany I will for sure get, Deftones im uncertain about.

Will

Deftones aren’t that great anyway. Their music is too weird for me.

sup103

sup103 Ambient

Yeah, but their new song is pretty good.

Magick

Magick Ambient

:p No worries.

===

What tours are you guys going to this summer? I'm going to Sanitarium for sure and I want to go to Warped and Lollapalooza but I most likely won't go to either of them.

Will

:p No worries.

===

What tours are you guys going to this summer? I'm going to Sanitarium for sure and I want to go to Warped and Lollapalooza but I most likely won't go to either of them. [/b][/quote]
    Probably Lollapalooza because Dry Cell and Evanescence are supposedly on the bill.

Edit: Okay, maybe not. :lol:

sup103

sup103 Ambient

I might go see Reggie and the Full Effect in August.

Magick

Magick Ambient

Lmao. :p

The only bands that are on Lollapalooza that I'd want to see are Incubus and Audioslave.

===

sup103- Cool beans. Have fun. ^_^

osctotheedge

osctotheedge Banned

I agree with you. Incubus, cold, or Audislave are the only good bands performing. Anyway, 2003 was the year or hard rock and metal.. and will continue to live up to its name.

Meteora, the return of Deftones, Metallica, maybe P.O.D., and Lost Prophets sooner or later. System of a down is still keeping it real, and I hope Korn will start another album to make by the end of this year or the beginning of 2004 (They need one really bad because Untouchables sucked).

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Metallica can suck it. It will be a cold day in hell before those cheap bastards see a cent from my pocket.

Who's replacing Dave in Drowning Pool? I think it will be impossible to replace someone with vocals as good as his :(

Tuesday after school, I'm dropping by Target to pick up the new Staind and Deftones CDs, both will kick ass. And this past Tuesday I got Cold's new CD which also kicks ass. So far, with Meteora being #1, Year of the Spider is #2 on my favorite CDs of 2003. Might change with 14 Shades of Gray coming out though. And I definatley can't wait for new Hoobastank and Dry Cell music.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

:eek: I have a feeling I am going to be spending a lot of money on cds this year! Hopefully I will be able to get them here. The ones I would probably look forward to the most are Finger Eleven, Adema, Hoobastank, Sevendust, Dry Cell, TRUSTcompany, 30 Seconds To Mars, Sinch, Puddle Of Mudd, Breaking Benjamin, Trapt, KoRn, Papa Roach, Drowning Pool and Flaw.

Even though you just guessed a lot of them, I still cant wait! It would be heaps good!

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Rob Zombie is taking lead vocals in Drowning Pool, right? And I thought Powerman 5000 broke up? Anywho, yippee, a year of rock! Rock on, baby!

Will

Rob Zombie only did vocals for the Daredevil: The Album. And no, Powerman 5000 is alive and kicking. Their new album is going to rule, May 20th.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Dream Theater hit the Studio in early March so expect their new album to be out this year or early 2004. Since their 'Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence' was one of their finest releases, IMO, their best, we can expect much of the same from them. And yes, they do count as metal even though they can be a lot softer.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

That's great. I might buy 2 Cds this year. Limpbizkit (if it's good) and somebody else, I dont know who.

osctotheedge

osctotheedge Banned

how can anyone say that Deftones and Metallica suck. I guess these people don't like heavy songs. Listen to songs like Enter Sandman, Wherever I May Roam, One, Back To school, change, my own summer, and Be Quiet and Drive. Limp Bizkit is the band that sucks

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

"Also...this is a "calm" debating place...if there's something you don't agree with...calmly state your reason why..." -Kat on rules for the "Other Bands" forum.

I happen to like limpbizkit a lot and for you to just say they suck without reason, well, it just makes you look silly.