Chester Bennington Custom Dean Guitar Featured in Six-String Masterpieces Exhibition

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington will be a featured artist in the upcoming Six-Strings Masterpieces charitable art exhibition taking place at the Mesa Arts Centre beginning September 9th. The exhibition features a collection of Electric Dean Guitars hand painted, illustrated and sculptured by designers, artists and musicians. Take a look at Chester's submission below.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The guitar is not a new piece created for the show, but was originally featured in the third annual Dark Art exhibition in 2009, curated by Curse Mackey, who is also curating the upcoming Six-Strings Masterpieces exhibit. Read more about the event and cause below.

This is the second time Chester has submitted work for the exhibition, having hand painted a Dean Guitar in the original 2006 exhibit. Contributing to the cause again, Chester's work will be featured alongside artists such as Ozzy Osbourne, Zack Wylde, Billy Corgan, Billy Gibbons, Dave Mustaine and fellow Linkin Park member Joe Hahn, who will also be featured, however it is unknown if it will be a new work or his original hand painted Dean Guitar from 2006. However, being as the original guitars are being auctioned off on ebay from a private seller, it will most likely be another piece.

The exhibition takes place at Mesa Contemporary Arts in Arizona and will run from Friday, September 9th - Sunday, December 4th in the south gallery, with an opening reception on September 9th from 7PM - 9PM.

For more details visit the Mesa Arts Centre website

Source: Mesa Arts Centre

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'm just sayin that I've been to Mesa and the art there is awesome.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Kinda like his new one a bit more. Has something about it that just comes off special. The old one is decent though, just not my style.

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

Guess me and Chester both have a liking for Dean guitars.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Those guitars from '06 STILL haven't found a home? Jesus. It seems like every couple months, they pop up on eBay, every once in a while somebody will actually buy them, but it always turns out to be some reseller who just tries to turn around and make a profit. Those guitars originally were auctioned off for like 6 grand each, now the price has ballooned to double that. Good luck selling them at that price...

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I proudly sponsor Dean guitars

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

I find that guitar to be ugly but thats just me.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

God they look awkward to play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.