Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Linkin Park to Release New Album Early 2012?

An article posted on Rolling Stone today alludes to the fact that the follow up to the 2010 album A Thousand Suns could be tentatively ready for an early 2012 release. Read what Chester had to say in the article below:

"Linkin Park's A Thousand Suns was released in September of last year, but the band is already working on a follow-up. "We’re in the studio and we’re well on our way to making our next record," frontman Chester Bennington tells Rolling Stone. "I can tell you that we have a lot of good music, a lot of quality songs." The album is once again being produced by Rick Rubin."

"In fact, the band is so far along that Bennington says he'd be "shocked" if it doesn’t come out next year – even though until now, the band had released three studio albums in 10 years. But they've been shifting their focus to writing new songs, even while on the road. "Mike [Shinoda] and I are out there with our studios – technology, thank God, has gotten to the point when what used to be three refrigerator-sized racks of equipment and a full board the size of a king bed can now fit in my backpack – and we’re working on new music as we’re driving in the car to a venue or in our hotel room, and when we come home, everybody works in their homes," he says. "So we’ve kind of got this groove down to the point we’re kind of having our cake and eating it too.""

Read The Full Article At Rolling Stone

Obviously, this isn't by any means a concrete release schedule, but it's good to see the band continually praise their work rate and reference they want to release albums quicker. Let us know your thoughts on the article on the LPA Forums.

Source: Rolling Stone via danielpsoad-09

Are you watching closely? Cinemamonster's Avatar
    Awesome news! Can't wait!

LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Wow...that'd be insane. But then again, Mike and Chester seem to have differing views on how far along the album is . After all, when Mike was asked about Chester's "polarizing" comment he went something like "Polarizing? The album isn't that far along yet..." .
    The LPA is self funded. We support our hosting costs out of pocket and through ads, and although we do not expect our users to donate...any monetary contribution helps.
    To donate towards hosting costs and help support the site, please click on the Donate button below.

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

The album is once again being produced by Rick Rubin.
    I dislike him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sucre06 View Post
    I dislike him.
    Do you mind if I ask why? He's pretty much responsible for helping the band make the most diverse, creative and artistic album of their careers and making them confident in making music that challenges them instead of the same music they did for two albums in a row (HT and Meteora [Hybrid Theory Part 2]).

Yeah, I also want to clarify it was Rolling Stone who had the "Early 2012" headline, I didn't see anywhere in the article where Chester said it would be "early" 2012, but there you go.

I doubt this very much anyway, Chester shown excitement in releasing an album every 18 months which is cool, but I don't think we'll see another album until late 2012 at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I doubt this very much anyway, Chester shown excitement in releasing an album every 18 months which is cool, but I don't think we'll see another album until late 2012 at the earliest.
    Which would still be a miracle considering their history of taking 3-4 years between history .

I literally burst out laughing when I saw this title on twitter.

I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter. Xero21's Avatar
    I remember when A Thousand Suns was coming out in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by zane View Post
    I was actually thinking of putting "yeah, you read that right" in parenthesise alongside it.

I HOPE IS MORE LIKE HYBRID THEORY/METEORA, CUZ LYK I HAVE EMOTIONAL MATURITY OF 13 YR OLD N CANT ACCEPT LINCOLN PARKS HAVE GROWN UP AND DUN MAKE THE METALZ N E MORE.

Quote Originally Posted by zane View Post
    Same here

Quote Originally Posted by Derek The Infamous View Post
    I HOPE IS MORE LIKE HYBRID THEORY/METEORA, CUZ LYK I HAVE EMOTIONAL MATURITY OF 13 YR OLD N CANT ACCEPT LINCOLN PARKS HAVE GROWN UP AND DUN MAKE THE METALZ N E MORE.
    I love reading comments like this on their Facebook page. I always find myself wondering if the band members laugh when people post things like this. LP has grown up, and they need to too.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek The Infamous View Post
    Do you mind if I ask why? He's pretty much responsible for helping the band make the most diverse, creative and artistic album of their careers and making them confident in making music that challenges them instead of the same music they did for two albums in a row (HT and Meteora [Hybrid Theory Part 2]).
    Of course, I like MTM and ATS produced by Rick Rubin.
    and I think that's enough. We saw two great works by Rick Rubin.
    Actually I thought 5th album will be producing Mike Shinoda.

We are waiting Minutes To Midnight part 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen #Winning View Post
    I love reading comments like this on their Facebook page. I always find myself wondering if the band members laugh when people post things like this. LP has grown up, and they need to too.
    Duh, winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sucre06 View Post
    Of course, I like MTM and ATS produced by Rick Rubin.
    and I think that's enough. We saw two great works by Rick Rubin.
    Actually I thought 5th album will be producing Mike Shinoda.

We are waiting Minutes To Midnight part 3.
    Maybe my ears are broken, but I didn't hear much if any similarity between MTM and ATS. I feel like they're two completely different albums.

I give my first-born to the one first to claim it if this actually happens.

Opening
    2012? Yeah before armageddon
    Who believes this

No control, no surprise.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they pull it off, but realistically, like Joe said, the earliest we should all expect to see an album is late 2012.

But then again, Linkin Park could mind-fuck us all and release an album tomorrow, or pull a Radiohead and say it's coming in out in 5 days but then release it on the fourth day, which would just so happen to land on a blue moon thus spawning rumors of more material being released on the next blue moon.

Yeah I thought this through.

If they can make the 18 month gap happen then that would mean a new album by March 2012.

I don't see it happening early but I do see it happening sometime next year.

Thread Information