LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar

Announcing Our New "Facebook Connect" Feature!

Hello All,
    As most of you may have already noticed by looking at our forum homepage, we are now sporting a brand new "Facebook Connect" icon which will allow you to link your Facebook profile to your LPAssociation Forums account.

Through linking your profile to LPAssociation, you will be able to instantly transfer your location, interests, bio and occupation from Facebook to your LPA member profile, as well as share content instantly from our website to your "Wall" to pass it on to your friends.

To share threads/replies:
    simply click "Like" at the top of a thread to share it on your "Wall", or click "Publish to Facebook" when replying/starting a new thread to inform people of a new post you have made on the LPAssociation Forums.

We hope you find this new addition fun, and feel free to contact us with any questions/feedback/suggestions that you may have. Enjoy .
    The LPA is self funded. We support our hosting costs out of pocket and through ads, and although we do not expect our users to donate...any monetary contribution helps.
    To donate towards hosting costs and help support the site, please click on the Donate button below.

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

LPA now with facebook features.

END OF WORLD = NIGH.

My elaborate pyrimid-o-cards scheme to keep my circles of friends organized and in the dark is now more difficult. My evil plans are in peril.
    In the land of TH3 bliind, the one eyed troll is Queen ♏ ⊙◡⊛
    The LPA has a wiki

No control, no surprise.
    That is super neat.

because the internet
    Twitter is better........
    but this is still cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldor View Post
    Twitter is better........
    but this is still cool.
    Yes.

Er. I don't really trust facebook, and I was hoping I could keep forums and other social networks separate. It's easier to do with G+ and their privacy settings. I'd also rather this connect to twitter. It's cool, but it's not for me. So, um, I don't think I'd like it. I'll give it a try though.

Also, this gives LPA a "like" feature, and wasn't there an agreement that there wouldn't be one? So, that's another thing I dislike.

Don't think I'm an asshole now.
    you should have already know I was before.
    Last edited by Oberyn; 07-25-2011 at 12:51 PM.

LPA = The new Farmville? lol I'm kidding.

I think it's a great feature and I hope we get more members joining up here as a result. I just don't think I'll be using it right now.

The like feature came automatically as part of the integration. Since a few people asked for a like feature, we're cautiously trying it out. Right now what it does is that it posts the thread to your wall, so that means that anybody who is friends with you will see a link to the post you've liked. Using it is completely optional and not mandatory, but we do hope that those who do use it find it useful and fun .

By the way everyone, please be vocal if you are not happy with this change. We are testing this out, and if you guys don't like the change and we have enough negative reaction to it, naturally we'll remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    Er. I don't really trust facebook, and I was hoping I could keep forums and other social networks separate. It's easier to do with G+ and their privacy settings.
    This.

Unfortunately due to G+ being in beta right now, there is no plugins to integrate it into vB. But of course, if people want...when such a plugin does become available we'll be happy to add it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek The Infamous View Post
    Unfortunately due to G+ being in beta right now, there is no plugins to integrate it into vB. But of course, if people want...when such a plugin does become available we'll be happy to add it.
    On the other hand, there is a way to add a Google "Plus One" button, which is similar to a Facebook "like" button.
    There's also other sharing options for twitter.

Not, that I'd enjoy either of these features, I'm just letting you know that they exist.

Here - Social Network Plugins
    &
    Here - Google Plus One

It would be neat to have a Twitter, Facebook & G+ sharing icon in at least every news post on the forums. I don't really have a use for this Facebook connect, but the option to share news stories via any of those social networks would be great. I know we have them on the front page, but it would be even more handy to have them on the forums, as that is where the majority of members go and are linked to when we publish to FB & Twitter.

Agreed Joe. Thanks for the suggestion Jesse.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    It would be neat to have a Twitter, Facebook & G+ sharing icon in at least every news post on the forums. I don't really have a use for this Facebook connect, but the option to share news stories via any of those social networks would be great. I know we have them on the front page, but it would be even more handy to have them on the forums, as that is where the majority of members go and are linked to when we publish to FB & Twitter.
    I'd be okay with Twitter and G+ sharing options on the News and Serious Chat sections of the forums. It's more private also, it gives a chance to share the things that are more important.

Or maybe I'm wrong. I don't think I am but it's possible. really, it's not fucking possible for me to be wrong. Damn.

No problem Derek, just trying to do my part. Even if it is against my own interest. Others might enjoy it, so I thought I'd bring it up.

Sweet bruh.
    Formerly known as Agent O

OMG,Like ohhhs my goodnessses.....Fan girl moment ahhhhhh

Thread Information