21.06.2011 - Hamburg, Germany

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Tonight Linkin Park will play the 02 World in Hamburg, Germany, which along with being their only arena date of their four shows in the Country, will also be host to the fourth LPU Summit, following previous events in London, England, Sydney, Australia & Chicago, IL, US.

Linkin Park are coming off their third Projekt Revolution show in Oberursel, Germany where they played the set that opens with Faint after The Requiem and features Burning In The Skies. A nice surprise to this show was the inclusion of a Reading My Eyes verse during the Bleed It Out bridge.

[YOUTUBE]LHPETsmr5J0[/YOUTUBE]
    Bleed It Out performed 19.06.2011 in Oberursel, Germany courtesy of Dieschneks

Yesterday was Day 01 of the LPU Summit, which involved a group of LPU members getting together for a number of activities before the main LPU Summit event tomorrow. Activities today included blacklight mini golf amongst other things.

Day 02 which kicks off tomorrow will involve chances for the LPU members to meet the band, go on backstage tours, take part in Linkin Park memorabilia auctions, play the band's instruments and much much more. In the past Linkin Park have been known to play short acoustic sets during the Summits so it's definitely going to be a fun unpredictable day before the performance later in the evening.

Along with the days activiities, Linkin Park bassist Dave "Phoenix" Farrell will be taking part in a live LPU chat from the Hamburg LPU Summit. The live chat is scheduled for the following times:

5:00PM CET (DEU) | 04:00PM GMT | 12:00PM ET | 09:00AM PT

To take part you will have to be a member of the Linkin Park Underground fan club, join the LPU at lpu.linkinpark.com.

After tonight's show in Hamburg, the band will fly to Moscow, Russia to perform for the Transformers: Dark of the Moon premier on June 23rd, before flying back to play their final Projekt Revolution and German date of the summer in Munich, Germany on June 25th.

Who's in Hamburg for the LPU Summit and show tonight? Does anyone have a meet & greet? Let us know on the LPA Forums!

LPU Summit Acoustic Setlist

01. Rolling In The Deep (Adele Cover)
    02. The Messenger

[youtube]miNntiKSvXY[/youtube]
    Rolling in the Deep courtesy of Flozuki

Setlist

01. The Requiem
    02. Papercut
    03. Lying From You
    04. Given Up
    05. What I've Done
    06. Empty Spaces
    07. When They Come For Me
    08. No More Sorrow
    09. Jornada Del Muerto
    10. Waiting For The End
    11. Burning In The Skies
    12. Numb
    13. The Radiance
    14. Breaking The Habit
    15. Fallout
    16. The Catalyst
    17. Crawling
    18. Faint
    19. One Step Closer
    ----------
    20. Wisdom, Justice and Love
    21. Iridescent
    22. Blackout
    23. New Divide
    24. In The End
    25. Bleed It Out (Reading My Eyes, drum solo & A Place For My Head over bridge)

Source: Thanks to BlackChester for the updates.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

And there's an LPU chat with Phoenix, right?

Joe

There is indeed. Forgot all about it to be honest, haha. I'll edit that in. Cheers.

Benjamin

You forgot about it? You're obviously not a TURE LP fan :kappa:

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Everyone knows that the chat will be better than the summit, right?! :kappa:

Have fun to all those attending the Summit/show. :D Take videos and pictures for the rest of us! It's gonna be awesome.

Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

im gonna attend the show tonight, missed the chance for a summit pass. but im excited to see LP again, after October last year. im gonna shoot some videos and take pictures. :)

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

First of all, i had everything for the summit :( i was invited and ready to go! When i got the to train station to take the 40min train to hamburg i fell off the stairs because some idiot forgot to put a sign up that says wet stairs ... so i broke my ankle and had to go to the hospital :( best day in my life ruined in less than a couple seconds :( i nearly cried at the ambulance car because i could not be there tonight :(

The Chat with PHX was fun! Mike came in, as well as Joe and Mike again with some of the LPUers who won the backstage tour with him, Mark fiore and Adam from the LPUHQ were there as well! He answered some questions about the summit and that he is excited to play in asia later this year! All in all it was not that much talking - also he had some internet connection problems so you could see him moving and talking but you could not hear him at all ... he stayed for about 15-25mins and answered a lot of question (most of them were crap)

Joe

Holy shit, that sucks so much. I'm sorry that happened, man. Surely there Is some kind of legal action you could take if the floor had been mopped and wasn't stated with a wet floor sign. That aside, I hope you recover soon.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

According to BlackChester's Twitter Chester and Mike played a cover of Rolling In The Deep by Adele acoustic and also The Messenger acoustic was played too. I'm really looking forward to hearing that cover! :eek:

LinkinParkForever275 - That sucks so bad! I can't imagine how upset you must be. Get well soon.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
    Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Really? That's cool that they did a cover of Adele. I'm definitely looking forward to a video of that.

RoyHahn

RoyHahn Well-Known Member

I'm at the concert right now. :)

Joe

Yeah, I read that earlier. Should be an interesting cover.

enthouse

enthouse Active Member

They covered an Adele song? Haha, wow, really looking forward to hearing that! :lol:

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

Yes that sucks soo Bad:( i am soo sad :( but theory setlist ist really awesome:) Sounds like a perfect night :) i hope you had fun guys :)

Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

on my way home now. what a fantastic show!!! awesome athmosphere and the setlist, i try to recall it. started of with reqiuem, papercut, lying, what ive don, empty spaces, wtcfm, nms, jornada, wfte, burning, numb, radiance, breaking the habit, fallout, catalyst, crawling, faint, osc. then break, encore: wisdom, iridescent, blackout (which im psychoed for the most, due they didnt play it last year when they were here), ned divide, in the end and bleed it out with some crazy twists, such as reading my eyes, a drum solo and place for mz head over the bridge played. hope this helps you and my mobile delivers it correcly. made some pictures too, gonna upload them tomorrow. gn8 all!

Joe

Awesome! Thanks for confirming the set and I'm glad you had a good time. :thumbsup:

Benjamin

Wait a minute, did they actually cut Given Up? Dumbledore approves.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

They didn't cut Breaking The Habit?

Minus does not approve.

Benjamin

Wait, they did a cover of Rolling in the Deep? VIDEO NOWZ

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Ask and you shall receive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.